IGNORED

Should Saturdays match be played?

sh1t_ref_again

Should Saturdays match be played?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the thread 'Not going Saturday' giving an interesting range of views (Mods please merge), I am interested what is the general consensus about the match

With the massive increase in covid and a doubling rate now 1-2 days, I am not sure it is a with worth taking coming up to Christmas, even though I am triple jabbed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

With the thread 'Not going Saturday' giving an interesting range of views (Mods please merge), I am interested what is the general consensus about the match

With the massive increase in covid and a doubling rate now 1-2 days, I am not sure it is a with worth taking coming up to Christmas, even though I am triple jabbed

100% with you on this one and I'm also triple jabbed. As Chris Whitty said yesterday - "what is more important to you".  Family is more important than football for most of us, I hope.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I'm triple jabbed, I'll be going. I've no intention of arriving early and mingling in the concourse though. I'll follow my usual routine of going to the pub, leaving at 2.30 and wandering over. There's no way they will check everyones phone/passport so it will be pot luck with the queues. (Shouldn't be too bad as nobody is going by the sound of it...!!)

I've got just as much chance of getting covid on my daily bus journey to and from work or in work as I have at AG on Saturday.

I do find it funny though, that all the anti-vaxxers on here have been urging people to get on with their lives as normal, yet all of a sudden they don't want us to go to AG on Saturday.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 9

Interesting that all on here, myself included, have given reasons as to why they'll attend or not citing reasons personal to them. Not one has mentioned the most important factor, that being for public health reasons whether or not they should attend.

That's human nature for you.

• Like 1

See I'll go if it's on because I can't stand missing matches, and have no contact with anyone vulnerable. But if it was a viable option on Robin's TV without having to bother with a VPN, I'd do that as I think that's for the greater good. I don't think it'll be long before we're back on Robins TV anyway, so let's just start now. 

• Like 2

I have little confidence in the system currently being used to stop the spread of this new variant. 

Vaccine passports are available if you have had 2 jabs, but it would seem Omicron variant can still be caught and spread readily by anyone with 2 jabs. If you have not been jabbed then you require a natural flow test, which not convinced on accuracy and anyone who thinks they are fine or is not bothered about spreading the virus and just wants to go to footy whatever, can just scan the test to say they are clear, without even taking the test.

Added to this the lack of requirement to wear a mask (although I think a few more will be wearing again)

We all want to watch live football, but at what cost?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Individual choice is the way to go with this, I think. Those in attendance or at home have made an informed decision. We know omicron goes up and down quickly. Those vulnerable and nervous, if they wish to do so, can let the wave ride and return when they feel it’s safe to do so.

Regular testing is the important thing here 

• Like 1

You don't have to be jabbed or take a test to get a COVID passport, you just need to say that you have a negative test result and you get one.  It makes a complete mockery of the whole scheme.

I'm still undecided as to whether to go as I don't really want to risk being in isolation over Christmas.  I will make a decision on Saturday, though I think a lot of people will decide not to go, especially older or more vulnerable fans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You don't have to be jabbed or take a test to get a COVID passport, you just need to say that you have a negative test result and you get one.  It makes a complete mockery of the whole scheme.

I'm still undecided as to whether to go as I don't really want to risk being in isolation over Christmas.  I will make a decision on Saturday, though I think a lot of people will decide not to go, especially older or more vulnerable fans.

I thought this was just Bull to be honest. 
So I went on City site, saw you need an email verification of a test. I didn't go all the way through, I did a LFT last night but threw out the bit with the code on it. It looks like you get a kit, get the code, say you did it Friday night and you're good to go.  

Amazing really. 

If Saturdays game is postponed, it is quite likely every game until March time will also have to be postponed. 

I can understand those that are older,  have health conditions, or just being cautious not attending - it makes sense in many cases and is something I have considered, and in an ideal world the club would offer a refund, but it is a very tricky situation.

The rates were always going to increase at this time of year (as they will next year,  and every year after), and the new variant has obviously increased this, so the club cannot win either way.

Edited by bbew
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bbew said:

If Saturdays game is postponed, it is quite likely every game until March time will also have to be postponed. 

I can understand those that are older,  have health conditions, or just being cautious not attending - it makes sense in many cases and is something I have considered, and in an ideal world the club would offer a refund, but it is a very tricky situation.

The rates were always going to increase at this time of year (as they will next year,  and every year after), and the new variant has obviously increased this, so the club cannot win either way.

Why????

12 minutes ago, bbew said:

Why do you think that?

12 minutes ago, Riaz said:

It orginated in south africa - been there a month or so and its not killed anyone.

The population of South Africa has a high level of natural immunity.  That's not the case in the UK.  It may be a mild strain, but we don't all want to be isolating over Christmas. The infection rate is doubling every two days and last time I looked, the official rate of new cases was nearly 80k (in reality a lot more are not being tested). At the current rate, it will exceed 1m per day before Christmas.  It's much too early to say that it is is not dangerous in a population without natural immunity.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The population of South Africa has a high level of natural immunity.  That's not the case in the UK.  It may be a mild strain, but we don't all want to be isolating over Christmas. The infection rate is doubling every two days and last time I looked, the official rate of new cases was nearly 80k (in reality a lot more are not being tested). At the current rate, it will exceed 1m per day before Christmas.  It's much too early to say that it is is not dangerous in a population without natural immunity.

90% vaccinated ?

This world has gone mad

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Why????

Because rates are likely to be pretty high over the winter months before dropping back down. More players are going to be getting covid in these months and it is a riskier period for the fans to attend.

Edited by bbew

1 minute ago, bbew said:

Because rates are likely to be pretty high over the winter months before dropping back down. More players are going to be getting covid in these months and it is a riskier period for the fans to attend.

The new variant hasnt killed anyone. Anywhere. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

A string of fixtures across other competitions have also been postponed.

QPR vs Swansea - Saturday December 18, Championship

Reading vs Luton - Saturday December 18, Championship

Millwall vs Preston - Saturday December 18, Championship

Sheffield Wednesday vs Accrington - Saturday December 18, League One

Gillingham vs Crewe - Saturday December 18, League One

Crawley vs Oldham - Saturday December 18, League Two

Barrow vs Northampton - Saturday December 18, League Two

Swindon v Wallsall - Saturday December 18, League Two 

1 minute ago, bbew said:

It has, and it will, but that is what I am saying, if we cancel the game now we will need to cancel for all the winter.

It hasnt! - turn tour TV off!

Dear oh dear. The fear is real.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

A string of fixtures across other competitions have also been postponed.

QPR vs Swansea - Saturday December 18, Championship

Reading vs Luton - Saturday December 18, Championship

Millwall vs Preston - Saturday December 18, Championship

Sheffield Wednesday vs Accrington - Saturday December 18, League One

Gillingham vs Crewe - Saturday December 18, League One

Crawley vs Oldham - Saturday December 18, League Two

Barrow vs Northampton - Saturday December 18, League Two

Swindon v Wallsall - Saturday December 18, League Two 

Cardiff v Derby off as well.

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

I'm triple jabbed, I'll be going. I've no intention of arriving early and mingling in the concourse though. I'll follow my usual routine of going to the pub, leaving at 2.30 and wandering over. There's no way they will check everyones phone/passport so it will be pot luck with the queues. (Shouldn't be too bad as nobody is going by the sound of it...!!)

I've got just as much chance of getting covid on my daily bus journey to and from work or in work as I have at AG on Saturday.

I do find it funny though, that all the anti-vaxxers on here have been urging people to get on with their lives as normal, yet all of a sudden they don't want us to go to AG on Saturday.

Going to the pub but not mingling on the concourse, you do realise how daft that sounds. Personally I think the current rules are daft, an empty shop a mask, a packed pub no mask crazy.