IGNORED

Should Saturdays match be played?

sh1t_ref_again

Should Saturdays match be played?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

The new variant is mild and hasnt killed anyone yet. Not here or abroad.

Get on with your life.

Absolutely amazed at people's attitude this time round. I thought alot would have your attitude but seems the scaremongering really has made people afraid. Didn't the doctor  who discovered this virus say she is amazed at the over reaction from us? 

I've done everything I've been told up to now. I'll be getting on with things as normal from now on. Lockdown or no lockdown.Respect peoples space, but that's that.

Edited by BCFC Grim
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Absolutely amazed at people's attitude this time round. I thought alot would have your attitude but seems the scaremongering really has made people afraid. Didn't the doctor  who discovered this virus say she is amazed at the over reaction from us? 

I've done everything I've been told up to now. I'll be getting on with things as normal from now on. Lockdown or no lockdown.Respect peoples space, but that's that.

I believe she did indeed 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Feel like a parrot here. But can you provide a link?

As i said before, would he plastered everywhere.

All we saw was one person died WITH…

Indeed, sheep everywhere who can’t think for themselves or search for information ??‍♂️

What is your source? coronavirus.data.gov? The Office for National Statistics? Johns Hopkins University or Our World in Data for a more global analysis? Have you downloaded the data to do your own analysis so as to reach your own conclusions? If so could you share?

Or is it social media?

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

What is your source? coronavirus.data.gov? The Office for National Statistics? Johns Hopkins University or Our World in Data for a more global analysis? Have you downloaded the data to do your own analysis so as to reach your own conclusions? If so could you share?

Or is it social media?

He got it off a bloke down the pub... 

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Or is it social media?

Various news articles stated there had been no deaths from the omicron variant and if there were any deaths, it would be plastered everywhere. 

Feel free to prove me wrong tho. 

Edited by Riaz

4 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Various news articles stated there had been no deaths from the omicron variant and if there were any deaths, it would be plastered everywhere. 

You are a bit thick. Sorry, I mean very thick

People don’t die from Covid instantly. It takes time. Since Omicron has only been over here a few weeks it takes time.

Come back gloating in a few weeks. In the mean time go do some crayons

• Like 3

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

You are a bit thick. Sorry, I mean very thick

People don’t die from Covid instantly. It takes time. Since Omicron has only been over here a few weeks it takes time.

Come back gloating in a few weeks. In the mean time go do some crayons

Ah personal insults ??

It originated in South Africa and they are shocked at our extreme response… the lady who discovered it (Dr Angelique Coetzee) thinks we are over-reacting - is she thick?

I consider myself to be a fairly strong 55 year old.  I went down with covid shortly after the Coventry game which wasn't a surprise considering the packed train, pub and concourse.

I dont mind saying it hit the stuffing out of me for a month with breathing being very difficult,  no work pub or football and almost 6 weeks later my chest still isn't great.  In my opinion without the jabs I would of been in the Gloucester Royal.

We have to do something to help the poor sods in the hospitals who are working their socks off, they need a break.

Shut it down for a month, what harm can it do.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

I consider myself to be a fairly strong 55 year old.  I went down with covid shortly after the Coventry game which wasn't a surprise considering the packed train, pub and concourse.

I dont mind saying it hit the stuffing out of me for a month with breathing being very difficult,  no work pub or football and almost 6 weeks later my chest still isn't great.  In my opinion without the jabs I would of been in the Gloucester Royal.

We have to do something to help the poor sods in the hospitals who are working their socks off, they need a break.

Shut it down for a month, what harm can it do.

The best way to help the hospital staff is for the government to have done something, anything, in the last 21 months to have spent time money and dedication to finding and authorising treatments which can help people in the early stages of covid rather than letting them suffer for a couple of weeks before having to be hospitalised. 
As I’ve said before, the focus has been on jab jab jab, without any effort being poured into funding any actual proper ‘treatments’. 
21 months. Nothing. What do you get from Test & Trace when you are confirmed positive? You’re told “stay at home for 10 days”. What you should be getting nearly 2 years in is advice on treatments which you can be prescribed to help prevent you ending up in hospital. The vaccine isn’t a ‘treatment’. There are lots of drugs out there that have performed well in trials but no government is currently willing to consider them because all their eggs are in a big jabby basket. 
To help the NHS, we need some pre-hospitalisation treatments. 
Well, that, and of course more capacity, more nurses etc. But they’ve done the square root of bugger all except push jab after jab after jab. 
They’ve literally got the treatment of covid all wrong and aren’t doing anything to correct their mistakes. 

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

The best way to help the hospital staff is for the government to have done something, anything, in the last 21 months to have spent time money and dedication to finding and authorising treatments which can help people in the early stages of covid rather than letting them suffer for a couple of weeks before having to be hospitalised. 
As I’ve said before, the focus has been on jab jab jab, without any effort being poured into funding any actual proper ‘treatments’. 
21 months. Nothing. What do you get from Test & Trace when you are confirmed positive? You’re told “stay at home for 10 days”. What you should be getting nearly 2 years in is advice on treatments which you can be prescribed to help prevent you ending up in hospital. The vaccine isn’t a ‘treatment’. There are lots of drugs out there that have performed well in trials but no government is currently willing to consider them because all their eggs are in a big jabby basket. 
Well, that, and of course more capacity, more nurses etc. But they’ve done the square root of bugger all except push jab after jab after jab. 
They’ve literally got the treatment of covid all wrong and aren’t doing anything to correct their mistakes. 

Goodnight professor 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Ah personal insults ??

It originated in South Africa and they are shocked at our extreme response… the lady who discovered it (Dr Angelique Coetzee) thinks we are over-reacting - is she thick?

Having researched that particular doctor the cynic in me is beginning to wonder if Boris is using this variant as a distraction and so is happy to allow the scaremongering to continue 

But obviously people are weary after the original version and the delta one and so believe what they’re being told. Personally i don’t believe a word he says and time will tell but it’s worth noting scientists admit all these worst case scenarios are based on assumptions due to the lack of worthwhile data 

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

What like Lagevrio that is being sent out to vulnerable people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

Surely its more like people don't want their Christmas ruined by catching it just before, with this variant seemingly rampant.

City v Huddersfield or Christmas with friends and family, not a tough choice.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

There are several anti virals being used to treat covid. A new treatment for people to take at home is being trialled at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

You like the sound of your own voice you windbag.

Treatments are coming on stream but as it stands vaccination is the best protection available. What other country has better “treatments”? None. Funding is a global effort. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Treatments are coming on stream but as it stands vaccination is the best protection available. What other country has better “treatments”? None. Funding is a global effort. 

Well said

Mind you I told him previously I'd gone to bed only because I haven't got your intelligence 

Up the City

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Coming from a bloke who once cited David Icke as being correct.

You have zero credibility

Look, I only wear a purple, nylon tracksuit, sleep within a circle of zirconium crystals, have covered my windows with aluminium foil and swear when close up to Prince Philip I observed scaley nodules on his sunburnt, Greek snozzle. Plus, I've never contracted Covid.

If that doesn't provide credibility, what might?

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

I’m not moving any goal posts.

Under 60’s without underlying health conditions. It’s been very low, the whole time. 

Again, how many people under 60 are "healthy"?

Even still, lets talk underlying health conditions.

8 million people in the UK have asthma
4 million people are diabetic
2.5 million people are living with cancer, 1000 people a day are diagnosed.
Something like 14 million adults are obese

15 million people are over 60

It's too easy to dismiss this as "only" affecting the old and unwell, but when you break it down that's millions and millions of people.

And are they not worth the same as anyone else? Are they less human because they were born with or developed an illness?

Please. Really interested in your comments on this because I think its a disgusting attitude to just dismiss the old, unwell and disabled.

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

Lots of conspiracies turn out to be true! 

How many as a percentage?

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

Ah personal insults ??

This isn't strictly true either. It was discovered in South Africa but it was since found in cases in Europe before it was found in South Africa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

There have been 171 deaths in S Africa in the past 7 days from Omicron, look on the internet it's being reported in the S African press.

6 hours ago, Henry said:

There are several anti virals being used to treat covid. A new treatment for people to take at home is being trialled at the moment.

I heard about this yesterday. In some parts of the country positive people are being couriered out new medication ( or a single pill maybe?) to see if that will prevent the need for them to be possibly hospitalised. This was the first time I heard anything than the isolate message for people.

16 hours ago, Riaz said:

90% vaccinated ?

This world has gone mad

true, but even poor old Jethro had been double vaccinated and had a booster and contracted Covid 19.  But I cannot find anywhere what he passed with, perhaps convenient for the media not to tell us why ?

21 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

true, but even poor old Jethro had been double vaccinated and had a booster and contracted Covid 19.  But I cannot find anywhere what he passed with, perhaps convenient for the media not to tell us why ?

I think the words “passed away after contracting covid-19” tells us all we need to know doesn’t it?

9 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Goodnight professor 

9 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

9 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Well said

Mind you I told him previously I'd gone to bed only because I haven't got your intelligence 

Up the City

Mmmm….not really sure what part of my post was incorrect. 
More nurses. More NHS capacity, more focus on treatment to prevent hospitalisation. 
Are those things disagreeable to you both? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Riaz said:

I see, so your focus is on that metric in respect of Omicron specifically. If I may say so that seems to be a common mistake, including among politicians and journalists.

In current circumstances the key metric is likely hospitalisations. We do not yet know if it is less virulent than Delta though the signs may be hopeful. We do know however that it is at least 3 times more transmissible, which will translate into far more cases. The current R number is between 3 and 5, varying regionally, much higher than Delta

So even if a lower proportion of people with Omicron are hospitalised than is the case with Delta the absolute number will be at least as high. The NHS is already at 94% capacity so we need to try to suppress those numbers.

And of course Delta is still with us, cases having been at a consistently high level since July. Unless and until Omicron out-competes Delta we are dealing with 2 variants at once.

It will be another couple of weeks before we have a clearer idea of the proportion of cases that lead to death, given the time lag between the two. South Africa is not a good comparator for the UK as the demographics are very different - in particular we have an older population.

As to news reports, regardless of their media of choice, I would always urge people to go to the reputable data sources (on any subject) if they want to be fully informed before reaching a conclusion. We are all prone to biases but a bit of research can help overcome them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Harry said:

I should be shocked at your level of ignorance, though as I suspect you're one of those unable to identify a library come Saturday afternoon, a bloke who lives in an estate akin a small US state given the size of your garden shed (replete with windows and door,) I'm not.

The word you were looking for (but couldn't find,) is therapeutics. As well as dictionaries libraries also hold a useful series of publications, newspaper and journals alike. Read those and you'll have discovered huge steps have been taken in not only identifying how existing drugs have successfully been deployed to counteract Covid but also new drugs developed and approved; sotrovimab and molnupiravir being the latest, with dozens more in the pipeline.

Now you've laid blame fully at the feet of Government, despite the fact Government neither develops nor approves therapeutics and treatment protocols, the latter being the responsibility of the Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency (MHRA.) Hint: the word 'Agency' denotes a body funded by but wholly INDEPENDENT of its funder. Now they know their stuff and will readily confirm vaccines are treatments, despite your believing otherwise. Much as the concoction of drugs many of us take each day are treatments. They are because they cause our bodies to do things they would otherwise not of themselves do. It's called preventative treatment.

Correcting mistakes? Ball's more in your court than theirs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1