IGNORED

Two nights with………

ralphindevon

For anyone interested, there is a French YouTuber who goes by the title Deux Nuits Avec who visits sports people at their houses for two days/nights to get to know them.

He recently visited Bristol and our very own Han-Noah Massengo. The whole thing will be out on Boxing Day I think, with loads of shots of Bristol including Ashton Gate from a drone.

He has released a taster here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having been on this forum for years I know you lot are probably multi lingual but for those who’s many languages don’t include French in this clip Han Noah says……roughly translating…….

When he was at Monaco they went out for a meal with coach Thierry Henry to a very posh restaurant. H-N being very young was eating chicken with his hands and discarding the bones to one side.

Thierry reprimanded him saying this isn’t how you behave in a posh restaurant and he must do 100 lines as punishment.

H-N wasn’t sure if he was being serious or not so did the 100 lines just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

55 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

If only I had done French instead of Spanish and German at school 

I did, and all I learned was the basics, and how to swear.

That being said, the French teacher was actually OK about it, because we used it all in the right context :dance:

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Having been on this forum for years I know you lot are probably multi lingual but for those who’s many languages don’t include French in this clip Han Noah says……roughly translating…….

When he was at Monaco they went out for a meal with coach Thierry Henry to a very posh restaurant. H-N being very young was eating chicken with his hands and discarding the bones to one side.

Thierry reprimanded him saying this isn’t how you behave in a posh restaurant and he must do 100 lines as punishment.

H-N wasn’t sure if he was being serious or not so did the 100 lines just in case.

To be fair, he was putting the bones on the side of his plate ?.

Typical young French man, though, with his constant ‘du coup’ ?.

He (Han-Noah) does come across as a very warm, pleasant young man, though.

On the subject of restaurants and bones, what is your view on how to approach them?

Shortly after I first arrived in France, many years ago, I was invited to lunch in quite a ‘posh’ restaurant and ordered Carré d’Agneau - rack of lamb for our non-French speaking readers.

Delicious and beautifully  presented, I finished by eating the remaining lamb from the bones - using my fingers.

Our French host didn’t bat an eyelid, but walking back to the office my colleague said he was disgusted with my table manners.

I must look it up on my friend Google, but is that frowned upon in polite company?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

On the subject of restaurants and bones, what is your view on how to approach them?

Shortly after I first arrived in France, many years ago, I was invited to lunch in quite a ‘posh’ restaurant and ordered Carré d’Agneau - rack of lamb for our non-French speaking readers.

Delicious and beautifully  presented, I finished by eating the remaining lamb from the bones - using my fingers.

Our French host didn’t bat an eyelid, but walking back to the office my colleague said he was disgusted with my table manners.

I must look it up on my friend Google, but is that frowned upon in polite company?

A tricky situation, as with all things like this in France if I’m in French company I’ll follow the lead of the eldest French person or host. If I’m with good friends, French or English, I’m sure we’d all use our hands.

In the posh restaurant in Monaco as a young French lad he should have known to order the same thing as Monsieur Henry and followed whatever he did?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

When I said I took Spanish and German I pretty much mean I just turned up tbf,all I can remember is a few words to basically get by but strangely can count to 100 in both,might come in handy one day 

European hide and seek championships? I can teach you to count to 100 in Cantonese if you ever go to the Worlds. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Oh and yes, he is a decent young fella.

I think we’ll get to see when the YouTube comes out on Boxing Day just how much football means to him. It’s his whole life and is 100% committed to it, almost too much maybe! 
For any fan hoping to see him in a late night bar or nightclub in Bristol, it ain’t going to happen. 

So here it is if anyone is interested in seeing a snippet of the life of Han-Noah Massengo.

it’s fair to say he’s very different to young English players when I was his age.

He has his own chef, personal trainer, early to bed in a bed that monitors his sleep patterns. And prefers photography to nightclub’s 

Don't ask me to translate it all, A, it’s too long. B, their accents are far removed from where I lived and C, I struggle to understand YouTubers of that age in English.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

So here it is if anyone is interested in seeing a snippet of the life of Han-Noah Massengo.

it’s fair to say he’s very different to young English players when I was his age.

He has his own chef, personal trainer, early to bed in a bed that monitors his sleep patterns. And prefers photography to nightclub’s 

Don't ask me to translate it all, A, it’s too long. B, their accents are far removed from where I lived and C, I struggle to understand YouTubers of that age in English.  

Thanks for posting this - I have just watched the first two or three minutes and shall put aside longer when I am alone to watch it in its entirety.

I was interested, though, to read that you struggled with their accents.

You are probably aware that Han-Noah originates from one of the less favourable areas of Île-de-France, and, as I have found myself working frequently in these areas, I have had to familiarise myself with their accent and language - like you, however, I struggle with the ‘argot’ of the young.

What I would say, though, is that I always found it easier to understand people from your part of world (Carcassonne, if I recall correctly, not Devon), as I found they spoke more slowly and pronounced their words with something of an exaggeration - un verre de veng etc.

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for posting this - I have just watched the first two or three minutes and shall put aside longer when I am alone to watch it in its entirety.

I was interested, though, to read that you struggled with their accents.

You are probably aware that Han-Noah originates from one of the less favourable areas of Île-de-France, and, as I have found myself working frequently in these areas, I have had to familiarise myself with their accent and language - like you, however, I struggle with the ‘argot’ of the young.

What I would say, though, is that I always found it easier to understand people from your part of world (Carcassonne, if I recall correctly, not Devon), as I found they spoke more slowly and pronounced their words with something of an exaggeration - un verre de veng etc.

Yes around Carcassonne was a very distinct accent which the rest of the country often mocks, a bit like strong West Country I guess, but it was all I knew bar holidaying elsewhere. I can still pick out an accent from our area a mile away if I hear it in other parts of Europe.

I’m always fine when visiting Paris but as you say, they’re from a suburb and much younger than me. And as I said, I struggle with young YouTubers from suburbs of London.

Interseting vid though, gives his reasons for leaving Monaco and a nice look around the HPC

On 17/12/2021 at 21:33, ralphindevon said:

he's actually saying "I fart in your general direction"

On 17/12/2021 at 23:12, PHILINFRANCE said:

Although I'm sure the French outlook on life is "if you can't shag it then eat it" & "if you can't eat it then shag it". What you do with your fingers outside of family time is irrelevant !  Remember "Cinq a Sept" is perfectly acceptable.

Edited by BigTone

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Although I'm sure the French outlook on life is "if you can't shag it then eat it" & "if you can't eat it then shag it". What you do with your fingers outside of family time is irrelevant !  Remember "Cinq a Sept" is perfectly acceptable.

Or, in the case of the late Jacques Chirac:

Cinq minutes, douche comprise!