IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match day thread

Jerseybean

Scott has been caught out of position several times, allowing Toffalo to cross at will. We need to be tighter there and on the left flank.

That also seems to be our problem in possession. Rather than play with width we're hoofing to Martin for flick ons that fail and having to defend counter attacks.

• Like 1

1-1 HT, great start but equaliser has been on the cards.

Martin looking like he is wearing lead boots, barely any hold-up play from him, and a dreadful pass when Semenyo could have been in.  I'd pull him for Conway or Wells myself.

Weimann, goal aside, has been poor again too, giving the ball away cheaply and doing little to help defend.

Benarous mainly done well up against Thomas, as has Scott on other side.

Rubbish passing from Atkinson and Vyner not been much better.

Even with my most positive outlook that was a very poor half from us. I was hoping and willing that somehow we’d get to half time one up but we are actually fortunate we aren’t losing. 

Huddersfield have dominated possession, played fluid football and looked very comfortable. We have, by contrast, hardly had the ball, given it away far to often and been forced to go backwards or play hopelessly hopeful balls forward.

The only positives (1) despite their domination they haven’t troubled Bents much (2) Scott looks good again (3) we aren’t losing.

Unless NP can work some magic we are going to get nothing from this game. Hoping we can’t be so poor in the second half.