IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match day thread

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Not condoning in the slightest, but it’s game management by the officials. Thomas taking his own sweet time, agitating that section, then the ref needs to be a total ***** about it, giving the mongs time for their brains to register the word throw. If Thomas gets on with it, then corner done and we play on.

Nothing makes it ok - if ref doesn't do anything then so what? It’s not hard to resist throwing anything at a player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I wasn’t defending it , just pretty much saying I don’t think a 10 year old should be banned for life for chucking an egg

A ten year old obviously didn’t arrive on his own. Ban the adult who took him and that solves the problem…..hopefully 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Greedo said:

Almost 6pm, time to change your incontinence pad. 

Are you really trying to defend this?

I get people are frustrated by the current situation and sometimes frustrations boil over.

But it’s never acceptable to throw things at a fellow human being, who knows what sort of damage something could cause, anybody with half a brain knows that.

The same goes for the 10 year old kid, they’re old enough to know better and shouldn’t be treated leniently just because of their age imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Absolutely pathetic!

Looks like a 14 year old was arrested……unbelievable.

Poor and frustrating as today was, there’s no need for that - club will get fined and there’s even less in the coffers for Nige to spend #clueless

Blimey, this kid is growing up fast ?

• Haha 5

Everything about it was stupid and embarrassing. First the bottle throwing and then the reaction from the standing section. They were all jumping up and down singing as though the whole thing was fantastic. They didn’t seem to grasp that this distraction was just what Huddersfield wanted to waste time and break up play. Radio Bristol said the stoppage was 7 minutes. There were 6 substitutions and 3 goals in the second half so, as a rough guide of 30 seconds for each, 4-5 minutes should have been added. Then add the 7 minutes for the bottle throwing as it’s 11 ish minutes. At the end only 7 minutes were added so Huddersfield “gained” approx 4 minutes. We’ll done to the idiots for helping Huddersfield 

1 minute ago, Tin Soldier said:

Leeds fans throwing stuff at Arsenal players. Happens a lot.

Two wrongs don’t make a right 

• Like 1

At risk of getting abuse:

1. I thought that we had a few spells of positive forward play - nice one touch football.

2. Still have an over reliance on going down the right. (Try the bloody left every so often).

3. Mid-field is often in absentia as Massengo tends to follow the ball a little.

4. We break positively but do so quickly - resulting in running out of both steam and ideas once we get on the edge of the box. 

5. Clearly SL doesn't pay goal bonuses and fines players for having a crack from outside the Box.....

6. Still a little over reliant on route one (over the top). We rarely win the first ball let alone the second.....better to play out from the back. 

7. Still have to many defensive minded players.....tend to play backwards when there is a forward option.....maybe down to lack of confidence in case of error.

8. Bents pen save was good - not sure he could have done anything about the goals.....

9. We are unlikely to watch the team again this year / early next  due to COVID.

10. The Jan transfer window will send people on here into a spin as we won't have much (if any activity). 

11. All in all....a disappointing result, lacklustre performance but some emerging football....glimpses......not yet consolidated  

• Like 2

The whole thing was pretty poorly handled from where i was sat. There was stewards who just stood there like nothing had happened and when the ref took the players to the side an announcement wouldn’t have gone astray either. It’s all very well putting out statements afterwards but if they’d been proactive it could’ve resolved the situation a lot quicker 

Was it right? No. But you can’t expect the players to continually let the fans down and not expect things to get toxic.

The ground was rocking after the penalty save, for all the waffle from the players that the atmosphere makes the difference they collapsed yet again and didn’t look bothered. Patience is wearing thin now. The Huddersfield players were goading s82 as well which added fuel to the fire.

I’m certainly not condoning it, but I also understand it. I’m sure the fans should’ve got a petition together to let the players know they were really cross at them as some on here would do.

Again, it’s out of order but if you seriously didn’t expect the fan base to take things too far after another spineless performance you’re delusional.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree with everything you have said but the club hasn’t worked hard to accommodate section 82. It’s a tiny corner when pretty much every other club has a whole end behind the goal. 

Is that an attempt to excuse their behaviour? Pathetic morons who should never set foot in Ashton Gate again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

A 10 year old kid threw a couple of emply plastic (PLASTIC!!!) bottles & you lot act like it was the blitz? Christ alive, get over yourselves ffs. Fanny mentality, god help us, your great grandad didnt die for this shite.

What I objected to was the reaction of the standing section which exacerbated the situation and played into the hands of the Huddersfield players. (See my previous post). If they hadn’t acted like a bunch of idiots the whole thing would have been over without anywhere near as much fuss 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

A 10 year old kid threw a couple of emply plastic (PLASTIC!!!) bottles & you lot act like it was the blitz? Christ alive, get over yourselves ffs. Fanny mentality, god help us, your great grandad didnt die for this shite.

Dear oh dear, here comes one eyed Pete…..”I didn’t see anything officer”

they were most definitely not empty and if it  hit it’s intended target, we would have been in serious trouble

the fact you have said your great grandad would suggest you are probably one of the young simpleton’s that lap all this up…..I can assure you, people did not die in the war so little shits can act like that in a football stadium

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

What I objected to was the reaction of the standing section which exacerbated the situation and played into the hands of the Huddersfield players. (See my previous post). If they hadn’t acted like a bunch of idiots the whole thing would have been over without anywhere near as much fuss 

I would say the players falling apart like a rich tea in a cuppa played into Huddersfield’s hands far more than giving them 3 extra minutes of injury time in which we scored.