IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match day thread

Jerseybean

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I go to matches and know what I’m watching and what squad we are working with. I assume you were there today given all the stuff you are coming out with. Did we or did we not create enough chances to win the game today?

No we did not create enough chances to winbthe game. You have to defend to win games and no matter how many we create the opposition will normally get more!

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

55 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You are very easily pleased or believe the hype! The last 8 games have seen us score 7 goals and get 4 or 5  points, that's from a possible 24! Goal threat don't make me laugh. Defensively we have been poor for a year or more and show no signs of improvement. The manager has yet to prove he knows what he is doing especially with the set up and subs today!

In the last 8 games we have managed to get 8 points and score 9 goals. But don’t let the facts get in the way of your uninformed rants.

Edited by HappyClapper
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

No we did not create enough chances to winbthe game. You have to defend to win games and no matter how many we create the opposition will normally get more!

City 54% possession. 

City Total shots 17 hudd 11

Shots on target 6 a piece 

City 8 off target 

Passes City 408 hudd 351

We created more it seems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

You are very easily pleased or believe the hype! The last 8 games have seen us score 7 goals and get 4 or 5  points, that's from a possible 24! Goal threat don't make me laugh. Defensively we have been poor for a year or more and show no signs of improvement. The manager has yet to prove he knows what he is doing especially with the set up and subs today!

A simple glance at recent results would show that is bobbins.

It isn't great, but lets not start straying into Gas levels of exaggeration.

15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

so there were 3 city shots that were neither on or off target,

Blocked I would think.

We have robbed teams on the road for years. It happens to us once and we all wet our nappies. We attacked fairly well today and actually created chances for once! I'll take the positives and hope we can bring back the defensive sturdiness we had in the last couple of home games back with that attacking intent we shown today.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Never known any team win a game on chances created, goals count nothing else 

Goals happen because of the things a team does or doesn't do on the pitch. They are the ultimate derivative statistic, and so the likelihood of them happening can be derived through looking at the other, underlying, statistics. So no, they aren't the only thing that counts.

Ps. Your earlier post saying we have scored 7 and taken 4 or 5 points from the last 8 games is utterly wrong. We've taken 8 points and scored 9.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A simple glance at recent results would show that is bobbins.

It isn't great, but lets not start straying into Gas levels of exaggeration.

Blocked I would think.

I wasn't aware blocked shots were counted (separately). But I think Semenyo probably had 3 blocked on his own, so sounds like you're right.

1 hour ago, Mr Hankey said:

A 10 year old kid threw a couple of emply plastic (PLASTIC!!!) bottles & you lot act like it was the blitz? Christ alive, get over yourselves ffs. Fanny mentality, god help us, your great grandad didnt die for this shite.

More than one projectile was thrown and I'm prepared to bet that some of the throwers were not 10 years old. 

What did it achieve - apart from making us look a bit sub-normal - nothing. Long stoppage which was not reflected in the time added on thereby robbing us of time we needed to try to get back in the game. An incoming fine on City which will mean the club has less money. 

It wasn't big or clever. It was, dare I say it, Gas type small-time wankinesse. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chucky said:

City 54% possession. 

City Total shots 17 hudd 11

Shots on target 6 a piece 

City 8 off target 

Passes City 408 hudd 351

We created more it seems. 

Oh stop it. You and your facts getting in the way.

However we were awful for a long period in the middle to go all hung ho at the end to try and salvage a point  

I guess statistics only convey a partial message after all  

Just for giggles how many shots did we have after we were three down? 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We lost though?

Of course but you still have to watch the game and say what you see. If your world means win = brilliant performance and lose = shit performance regardless of what actually happened on the pitch then it's a strange way of looking at things imo. We created plenty of chances, that is a fact and you'll have to trust me on that as you have stated you didn't go today.

27 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Based on today's game and putting the result to one side how many of the Huddersfield players would you sign based on their individual performance?

14 players, the coaches, the physio and the Manager.

Oh and don’t forget the owner, we don’t want our owner anymore either. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course but you still have to watch the game and say what you see. If your world means win = brilliant performance and lose = shit performance regardless of what actually happened on the pitch then it's a strange way of looking at things imo. We created plenty of chances, that is a fact and you'll have to trust me on that as you have stated you didn't go today.

Fair enough - thanks for your well considered reply

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It's always interesting to take a step back and think were you beaten by better individuals or is it down to players not trying, tactics or just unlucky on the day. Repeat the process after every defeat and you normally see a pattern to base your opinion on whether the players individually aren't good enough or if it's down to lack of confidence or the manager.