IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match day thread

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

It's always interesting to take a step back and think were you beaten by better individuals or is it down to players not trying, tactics or just unlucky on the day. Repeat the process after every defeat and you normally see a pattern to base your opinion on whether the players individually aren't good enough or if it's down to lack of confidence or the manager.

Today was poor defending on the day compounded in my opinion by going gung ho in the wing back areas with two 18 year old kids. Whereas against derby we defended the game very comfortably. Attacking wise we are improving and should have scored four or five today. I'm not seeing particular patterns, I am seeing inexperienced players (could be age or the level we play at) playing well one week, not so well the next. The higher levels you play the more mistakes get punished - see Leeds tonight, it was brutal what Arsenal did to them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Today was poor defending on the day compounded in my opinion by going gung ho in the wing back areas with two 18 year old kids. Whereas against derby we defended the game very comfortably. Attacking wise we are improving and should have scored four or five today. I'm not seeing particular patterns, I am seeing inexperienced players (could be age or the level we play at) playing well one week, not so well the next. The higher levels you play the more mistakes get punished - see Leeds tonight, it was brutal what Arsenal did to them.

It definitely sounds like you are work in progress and maybe a couple of older experiences heads are what's needed to help out the younger players.

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ashton Gate is the least hostile ground in the league. I'm genuinely amazed there was aggro as most of the ground sit on their ass in silence all game. Teams love playing here. 

Too true, and to think what it used to be like.

I have mates from a few different clubs who say that Ashton Gate/Bristol City Away was one of the scariest away days they attended.

Unfortunately now, the whole experience is a sanitised Disney World day out, its no wonder the players play with so little bite and enthusiasm.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

I might have missed it amongst the arguments, but why on earth would anyone (adult or child) bring raw eggs to a football match? 

it’s Christmas, maybe they wanted some half time/post match eggnog? (no but really if it was a raw egg that seems ridiculous, surely not) 

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Too true, and to think what it used to be like.

I have mates from a few different clubs who say that Ashton Gate/Bristol City Away was one of the scariest away days they attended.

Unfortunately now, the whole experience is a sanitised Disney World day out, its no wonder the players play with so little bite and enthusiasm.

And yet Stoke fans were saying a few weeks back how the were impressed with the vocal support from City fans although I do agree that quite often it is piss poor.

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Weird, I was just thinking during the game I remember first game of the season 67-68, played HT FC  at home scored after TWO minuets, lost 3-2...........nothing changes !

If it was the same match, and I suspect it might well be, Frank Worthington spent almost the entire warm up juggling with the ball and performing numerous tricks.

I was in the Open End and remember being totally enthralled.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If it was the same match, and I suspect it might well be, Frank Worthington spent almost the entire warm up juggling with the ball and performing numerous tricks.

I was in the Open End and remember being totally enthralled.

I recall Frank Worthington scoring at the East End for Huddersfield whilst seeming to be laid on the ground on the 18 yard line. Maybe same game? Definitely late 60s or very early 70s.

5 hours ago, Greedo said:

Yup. **** the yuppies in the hospitality and **** their money too. 

So where do suggest we increase our income then? 

Why are all those in hospitality yuppies? Just interested in your answer.

5 hours ago, Greedo said:

Raw egg and an empty bottle. Hardly f*****g Zulu is it. You’re a bunch of bedwetting old farts on here, honestly. 

What a great defence! Do you think that might stop a fine and/or playing behind closed doors?

Where do you suggest we replace that loss of income from?

School finished yesterday didn't it?

:facepalm:

10 hours ago, chucky said:

City 54% possession. 

City Total shots 17 hudd 11

Shots on target 6 a piece 

City 8 off target 

Passes City 408 hudd 351

We created more it seems. 

I just watched the highlights or were they the low lights. The goals we conceded were poor and almost like school boy defence stuff. 

Apart from a great start, a very god penalty save by Bents and Massengo coming close a couple of times our defence and what it seemed like some players just giving up over all it has too go down as a frustrating performance.

15 hours ago, Red Shadow said:

I recall Frank Worthington scoring at the East End for Huddersfield whilst seeming to be laid on the ground on the 18 yard line. Maybe same game? Definitely late 60s or very early 70s.

Yeah, laid on the ground on a sheepskin coat with a scantily clad young lady, a fag and a Babysham, whilst reading the Racing Post, as I remember it. Oh, and his E type Jag parked between the Dolman and the Park end. That was football in the 60s/70s for you ...

On 18/12/2021 at 19:17, Red-Robbo said:

One of them must've been Kalas's thunderbolt carefully aimed at the bloke sat about one-third of the way up in the Atyeo. 

Forget the 12 year old boy throwing the eggs at Huddersfield. I wanted to throw the 12 year old boy and 6 chickens at Kalas when he took that infuriatingly brainless shot on when we had just a few moments to create something!

Aghhhh!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

Forget the 12 year old boy throwing the eggs at Huddersfield. I wanted to throw the 12 year old boy and 6 chickens at Kalas when he took that infuriatingly brainless shot on when we had just a few moments to create something!

Aghhhh!!!

They did rather lose their (collective) heads in the last 10 minutes.  I gotta say, I don't think the long break helped though.  Unfocused things.