IGNORED

Pearson post match ….

Andy082005

13 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Work in progress, get used to it. NP is doing OK. I can see plenty of progress.
Just sacking the manager is a rediculous comment when you see the shambolic mess he inherited.

It’s slow progress but our attacking play is definitely improving. Anyone who thought it would be anything other than slow progress this season with the squad we have is a nutter.

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I see progress, thought we were unlucky today 

I thought we were worth a point.

Think he is looking to make us more creative so went gung ho in his selection & it didn’t pay off.

Can’t win though, he plays Benarous, Scott, Semenyo, HNM & we lose he’s criticised, if he picked more experienced players he’d be accused of not giving youth a chance.

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, !james said:

But it's also fair to say what would another manager bring that this one doesn't. Hence asking for potential names.

Do they want a motivator? Is it down to tactics? Is it down to fitness? Do they want a 'bigger name' to bring in transfers? 

I wouldn't disagree with you there. I just think it's ok for someone to have had enough of a manager and say so. It's all just guesswork from the outside, looking in

22 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Why do you and others always have to demand from anonymous posters that no longer believe in a manager who they would replace him with?

It's not our choice and the massive probability is that if a name is mentioned it will divide the fans and chances are is not the one that will be chosen.

Why not say the same thing every time a player is not playing well and is getting extreme grief?

Sorry but it seems a perfectly reasonable question IMHO...if you are suggesting that the present incumbent isn't up to the job...then the least you can do is propose an alternative?    Otherwise it is such an easy criticism to make......worthy of a Tory MP on Question time,  Ha!  .......  He is not good enough...but i have no idea who to replace him with, is such a cop out?

• Like 1

• Admin

For me we are in a similar situation with Ashton leaving to when Pulis went to Pompey. The squad is pretty shit with a lot of average players in it on high wages and we are trying to tread water for a couple of seasons whilst waiting to turn that squad around. On the plus side we do get to blood some of our youth so when we are the other side of it, hopefully the likes of Scott and Benayous will be all the better for that experience.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Johnson got the money. Pearson gets the excuses. He’s been a poor appointment and hasn’t gotten this team to play the honest high intensity football he promised. Lethargic all afternoon. Not only were they a much better footballing side but they were fitter and more physical than us. So what has he made us?

7 signings were his. Rennie was supposed to keep our best players fit. New contracts to the two young lads starting. New assistant manager in old ones out. He has had enough time and made enough decisions to have the team not be outworked almost a full season on with a preseason. And our best football has come when he hasn’t been around with covid. 

Slowly draining the football out of our best players. Two young promising attacking midfielders I’ll put them at wingback. Play a striker in midfield who breaks down countless attacks with poor touches and passes. Down 3-1 take a cb off for a LB but play him a good amount at LCB. Square pegs round holes sounds like the stick to beat johnson with yet nothing for “big nige”

He is a has been manager who has fallen out with multiple playing staff over the years and had one successful spell with talent in his staff and recruitment department. And millions of quid in a time 3-4m gets you top talent. Sick of the experiment. Sick of the football on offer. Sick of being outworked every week.

And before you talk about money Huddersfield didn’t spend anything on fees this summer. Released almost as many as we did. Relying on frees and loans. None of the prem squad are really there anymore. All with a coach nobody knew before he was hired. 

Mostly agree with your opinion.......the square pegs in round holes assessment is accurate, his Martin fixation and the lack of fitness and poor coaching are also a concern. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

It’s not luck it’s quality we lack.

We actually created chances today, but never anyone close enough to finish them when it counted.

Semenyo was hugely unlucky with the one that hit the post, Weimann did finish twice.

Said this before, we obsess about our goal scoring but if you often need to score 3 to get a point you have no chance.

Team selection today was very brave, it didn’t come off.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Mostly agree with your opinion.......the square pegs in round holes assessment is accurate, his Martin fixation and the lack of fitness and poor coaching are also a concern. 

Agree about Martin as well. Especially as Semenyo has shown he can play the back to goal role pretty decently with the added pace and directness. 

I could go along with this season was a write off. Think we all had low expectations. That said, I personally need to see more positive signs than I have so far. Half the season is over and I just don’t see signs of an improving play style. I don’t see an improved pressing side. We still aren’t comfortable in possession. The defence has not gotten better and if not the same it is worse. Don’t feel the fitness is better nor the ability to keep players fit. I don’t feel we can go on a run. Feels like 27 points first half of season and probably 25-30 second half. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree about Martin as well. Especially as Semenyo has shown he can play the back to goal role pretty decently with the added pace and directness. 

I could go along with this season was a write off. Think we all had low expectations. That said, I personally need to see more positive signs than I have so far. Half the season is over and I just don’t see signs of an improving play style. I don’t see an improved pressing side. We still aren’t comfortable in possession. The defence has not gotten better and if not the same it is worse. Don’t feel the fitness is better nor the ability to keep players fit. I don’t feel we can go on a run. Feels like 27 points first half of season and probably 25-30 second half. 

Which would get us somewhere between about 13th and 19th, roughly around where most people would accept.

• Like 5

• Admin
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Which would get us somewhere between about 13th and 19th, roughly around where most people would accept.

The problem is that whilst many say they are happy with that sort of finish in the current circumstances at the start of the season, the means of getting that outcome is a bunch of turgid performances. Finishing 13th to 19th at the end, a 4 match win run would be accompanied by a 12 match non-winning run 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

He’s just said on RB that Defenders aren’t good enough but they’re what we’re stuck with….

Well, you signed one of them and Kalas is one of the best defenders at this level…!

I thought he said more along the lines were stuck with defenders that can’t build from the back……and he’s right 

22 minutes ago, Ian M said:

For me we are in a similar situation with Ashton leaving to when Pulis went to Pompey. The squad is pretty shit with a lot of average players in it on high wages and we are trying to tread water for a couple of seasons whilst waiting to turn that squad around. On the plus side we do get to blood some of our youth so when we are the other side of it, hopefully the likes of Scott and Benayous will be all the better for that experience.

We - Bristol City FC - have it within us to "tread water," at this level?

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yes but worryingly I see the same next season. There is no indication NP can get us playing in a manner that will be successful. Throwing transfers at it isn’t the way. He should be building a better foundation and style to recruit to.

There doesn’t seem to be a plan. We aren’t a high pressing counter attack side. We aren’t a possession based side who is patient and waits for openings. We aren’t a drop deep and hit teams on the counter with pace side. We don’t do anything well and sorry there is enough here to be a lot more competitive than we have been. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

He’s just said on RB that Defenders aren’t good enough but they’re what we’re stuck with….

Well, you signed one of them and Kalas is one of the best defenders at this level…!

Is that commendable honesty or throwing players under the bus? Depends if your name is Johnson or Pearson it seems.

It's not as if we are in a financial position to replace them so why say it at all?

And he also signed Simpson, who he has decided isn't good enough to start.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Exactly. 10m worth of CBs. He has signed two right backs and now playing a 19 year old attacking midfielder out there. He signed 2 old cms with no legs. Loads of cms out with muscular injuries but he signed Dave Rennie to help with that. 

I am really just frustrated with the lack of performances. Points wise bordering on ok but not sure I have seen many worse sides this season and I have been to 17-18 of the 23 so far this season. 

• Flames 1