IGNORED

Pearson post match ….

Andy082005

We were a shambles before NP came back from his illness and the Blackburn game and I was very critical and thought we needed a change BUT since then and the change of system, tactics and better motivation we have improved vastly.

Not sure what went on but it worked,

We were unlucky to not get something out of todays game and we created lots of chances and there was some decent phases of play.

We will finish mid table playing like we are now, which is where we should be with our mid table strength squad.

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I thought he said more along the lines were stuck with defenders that can’t build from the back……and he’s right 

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Don’t go using actual things he said when people who haven’t heard the interview are panning him for stuff he hasn’t said. Ruins their evening.

“Is it a personnel issue?”

”theyre the players that we’ve got, we have what we have, unfortunately for us it cost us very dearly today” 

?

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

He still chose them, 

At some point he has to be accountable for the signings he's made

If he's basically just hung them out to dry, then I'd suggest he's lost the dressing room and it won't be long before he goes, sadly

He won’t care about the dressing room, he’s clearly trying to get half of them to move on 

5 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

He still chose them, 

At some point he has to be accountable for the signings he's made

If he's basically just hung them out to dry, then I'd suggest he's lost the dressing room and it won't be long before he goes, sadly

We know he chose them. We also suspect he, and we, don't have much choice. As Mark Ashton might say, we're fishing in small, crappy pools now, unlike before 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s just said on RB that Defenders aren’t good enough but they’re what we’re stuck with….

Well, you signed one of them and Kalas is one of the best defenders at this level…!

I still think Kalas is part of the problem. I know not many agree with that but our defensive record with him in team since Webster left… I honestly think it would be better for both parties to say goodbye. 

• Like 4

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We - Bristol City FC - have it within us to "tread water," at this level?

That's the hope, I'd say we stand an ok chance this year, mainly because of point deductions but I think we will also need to next season. The following season we should be able to push again if we are still at this level.

13 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but worryingly I see the same next season. There is no indication NP can get us playing in a manner that will be successful. Throwing transfers at it isn’t the way. He should be building a better foundation and style to recruit to.

There doesn’t seem to be a plan. We aren’t a high pressing counter attack side. We aren’t a possession based side who is patient and waits for openings. We aren’t a drop deep and hit teams on the counter with pace side. We don’t do anything well and sorry there is enough here to be a lot more competitive than we have been. 

I'm hoping along the way we can pick up 3 or 4 more Atkinson/Tanner type signings that will potentially improve for a push in 2 seasons time. I don't want to see more journeymen sign just to stay up, I'd rather take a relegation if that were the only scenario we stay up.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are going to be so shocked when they see the accounts come out. Imo we are more likely to sell rather than buy in January, I think there is a reason that Scott and Benarous are getting quite a bit of game time as I know there are interested parties in both of them. There is so much of a mess to sort after giving LJ/MA free run of the club. And this don't forget is a similar situation to when GJ left us up shot creek. But this seems to be a lot worse than that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

“Is it a personnel issue?”

”theyre the players that we’ve got, we have what we have, unfortunately for us it cost us very dearly today” 

?

I thought that was actually aimed at the wider squad tbh and not singling out the defence. He did say the defence lacked the courage to play out from the back until the end of the game and it's an area we are weak in at some point.

I'd like to hear the interview again though.

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Bull? 

There's plenty who can motivate new and existing players, big pond small pond.  Seems that Nige for whatever reason cannot currently do this

When he's actively suggesting the players he signed aren't good enough, then I'd suggest that's on the manager's head and not the player. 

Can't excuse him dissing his own signings, no one else would get away with it, so how does Nige get a free pass? 

Maybe you're right, and I'm wrong. Or vice versa. Or its somewhere in between. The owner doesn't know so we'll never know.

What will not drastically alter the fortunes of this club is tinkering with the manager/head coach, in my opinion. If that was the answer you like to think it would've worked by now.

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

That's the hope, I'd say we stand an ok chance this year, mainly because of point deductions but I think we will also need to next season. The following season we should be able to push again if we are still at this level.

I'm hoping along the way we can pick up 3 or 4 more Atkinson/Tanner type signings that will potentially improve for a push in 2 seasons time. I don't want to see more journeymen sign just to stay up, I'd rather take a relegation if that were the only scenario we stay up.

Same but we need to progress them as well. Think about how good they were their first 5-6 games. Have they regressed or stagnated a bit? I think their performances(confidence?) has dropped. That is why I feel the way I do. It is all good to get in young talented players but we have to get them playing in a way they enjoy and flourish. What we do at the minute is good for no one. 

"we are where we are" and there is nothing anyone on here can do about it.............unless Steve L is here in hiding ?️‍♀️

Come to the conclusion we are in fact here, just where I found us about 50yrs ago.

We moan, we support, we go to matches, we dont go to matches, decided a while back getting into verbal outbursts on here does nothing just gets you more stressed.

So what do we do? go with the flow see where it takes us anything else just causes too much stress.?:10_1_108:

We played okay today, usually bored to sleep watching us slowly plod the ball around but atleast we had a bit of pace and vigour to us today albeit we still can't hold onto the ball for too long. I actually enjoyed it overall.

Huddersfield picked us off on the wide areas and the midfield were anonymous in that aspect. No coverage for the youngboys out wide at all. Semenyo was dangerous and its good to see him being trusted up top.

Yeah we conceded 3 really poor goals today but I thought today was one of our better attacking performances up until the end where they killed the game off with the timewasting. I'm usually very critical of the team but I am happy with some aspects of our performance today.

Did people forget we churned out a few decent results at home recently? Huddersfield are a pretty solid team to be fair to them, played to our weaknesses and took their chances. We have done that countless times on the road over the last few years, I could name double figures.

Sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesn't.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry but it seems a perfectly reasonable question IMHO...if you are suggesting that the present incumbent isn't up to the job...then the least you can do is propose an alternative?    Otherwise it is such an easy criticism to make......worthy of a Tory MP on Question time,  Ha!  .......  He is not good enough...but i have no idea who to replace him with, is such a cop out?

An MP is an elected public person answerable to the public for his /her actions.

An anonymous poster is not.

Any fan is able to cast judgement on a Manager , player or owner without having to clarify who should replace them.

Lately, a very large number of posters have demanded that MA should go but never stated who should have replaced him, a number of posters believe SL should sell up but dont suggest who should buy the club.

Why should a Manager  only be criticised if an unelected anonymous poster has an alternative?

Get real- managers come and go and we are powerless to appoint them, powerless to sack them (within reason) and certainly unable to keep them if they are actually pretty good.

8D4B6A8A-27DC-4F7A-915B-7940ACD7BEDF.png

And people wonder why we are having to shop at Oxford and Carlisle for defenders. The owner, previous CEO and managers left this club in a right mess and whoever took over had a an uphill challenge to right the many poor decisions made before his tenure. 

I see a young hungry team with a few key experienced players trying to build something under difficult conditions without the terrible mismanagement of the past. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s just said on RB that Defenders aren’t good enough but they’re what we’re stuck with….

Well, you signed one of them and Kalas is one of the best defenders at this level…!

I haven’t heard the interview but, assuming he said it, that’s a crazy statement. He played Scott and Benarous as wing backs, though neither of them have any real  defensive capability. Tanner, Pring and Dasilva were all available and City looked better when Pring came on. The defence wasn’t the only reason City conceded 3 goals. Midfield was overrun and had no control of the game which ceded possession to Huddersfield 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Bull? 

There's plenty who can motivate new and existing players, big pond small pond.  Seems that Nige for whatever reason cannot currently do this

When he's actively suggesting the players he signed aren't good enough, then I'd suggest that's on the manager's head and not the player. 

Can't excuse him dissing his own signings, no one else would get away with it, so how does Nige get a free pass? 

Exactly which of the players he signed did he say tonight aren't good enough? Name them. 

1 hour ago, !james said:

It's the constant knee jerk reactions of the usual suspects on here who demand sackings without looking at the bigger picture. The issues with the bloated and now poor squad, FFP and the huge wage to turnover are all knock on effects of our friend Mr Ashton. 

I struggle to understand why anyone would think another manager could change this.

Please name the "usual suspects" and who you would replace them with?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

8D4B6A8A-27DC-4F7A-915B-7940ACD7BEDF.png

And people wonder why we are having to shop at Oxford and Carlisle for defenders. The owner, previous CEO and managers left this club in a right mess and whoever took over had a an uphill challenge to right the many poor decisions made before his tenure. 

I see a young hungry team with a few key experienced players trying to build something under difficult conditions without the terrible mismanagement of the past. 

Yet there are fans who think the likes of Atkinson and Tanner will come in and be Van Dyke/Cafu within weeks of being here. The truth is there are too many fans who don’t have the bollocks to deal with the frustrations that occur when a manager has to build a team from a very low base. What sort of fool do you have to be to think the Owner will change manager every half season and pay for it out of his own pocket? None of the ******* wanting changes every time we lose a few have ever answered that question.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6
  • Flames 3

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Exactly which of the players he signed did he say tonight aren't good enough? Name them. 

He didn’t say that, but this individual is on a relentless slag Pearson off mission.

He actually said we were short of players with Championship experience, which if you look at today’s side is true in half of the outfield players & also suggests Baker (still absent due to concussion protocols) is in his opinion, a big miss.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I still think Kalas is part of the problem. I know not many agree with that but our defensive record with him in team since Webster left… I honestly think it would be better for both parties to say goodbye. 

I think the same. I think people like him because he chucks himself in front of shots but to me he's gets caught out of position so has to do it. Another 1 that I think is part of the problem that people don't agree with is Bentley. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He didn’t say that, but this individual is on a relentless slag Pearson off mission.

He actually said we were short of players with Championship experience, which if you look at today’s side is true in half of the outfield players & also suggests Baker (still absent due to concussion protocols) is in his opinion, a big miss.

Not forgetting Williams, our best player by a mile.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I haven’t heard the interview but, assuming he said it, that’s a crazy statement. He played Scott and Benarous as wing backs, though neither of them have any real  defensive capability. Tanner, Pring and Dasilva were all available and City looked better when Pring came on. The defence wasn’t the only reason City conceded 3 goals. Midfield was overrun and had no control of the game which ceded possession to Huddersfield 

I must admit, that's not the team I'd have picked with the players available today but what do I know. It was certainly a brave attacking lineup.