IGNORED

Pearson post match ….

Andy082005

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Absolutely. I think he’s becoming a joke. Opponents have time and space all over the pitch every single game. Players can’t pass despite being able to pass for other clubs.  Nothing really seems to improve. He has 4 days per week with the players and nothing changes.  These players aren’t world beaters but they are better than they are performing under him.  We look worse than the sum of our parts. 

Well that sounds like you want a coach, are you sure you don't want LJ back because this is what LJ was doing.

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bit harsh on Atkinson when Kalas for his age and experience wasn’t any better. At least Atkinson looked to get the ball forward, and just not lobbing it aimlessly but bringing it through the midfield. 

At times we put a few moves together today but too much passing it back to Bentley who just boots the ball upfield, our player never wins the ball and straight away we have the ball coming back at us and we are caught short.

The goals we conceded were soft, fair play to Huddersfield, but we let them waltz by us and it was far too easy for them.

Largely agree (especially re Bentley), but Atkinson was guilty of quite a few hoofs to the opposition.

The team looked much better with Pring on the pitch imo.

• Like 1

After watching today in utter dis believe . From a great opening goal to some pretty poor defensive mistakes to lose 2-3. But no one seems to have mentioned the awful game the ref had and linesman in front of Lansdown. Their seconed goal totally offside. I was right in line and it a bad linesman miss. And both the ref and that linesman made poor desicions all game. On the whole our game was not to bad. But we kept leaving holes in the midfield that  Huddersfield used very effectively. Our whole defensive set up was so un together today continually giving them space and room. I would not pick any one out in defensive as having a particularly bad game it was they where not in a unit. And also how clear the extra pace and fitness Hudersfield had in chasing every ball or man down with a sprint. And when an attack was on they sprinted. We did not look like we knew what a sprint was. We just Look so untogether as a team. Yrs I agree some of those on the field today really are not good enough and we are a work in progress. A five season job easily needed. Yes I do feel NP us our man but SL has to give him serious backing in Jan. and ongoing transfer markets. This was never going to be a pretty season and we just have to stay up. And I hope the nonsense with the ref stoping the game seconed half for what looked like bottles thrown at their player taking a corner does not incur a severe reprimand and/or worse punishment . Anyway I bloody love this club so let's just behind the team 

COYR

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

54 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't you think that his coaching of our defence (Does he do any coaching?) and his team selection are both questionable?  He is quick to criticise, but maybe he should take a close look at his own abilities?

You can coach until you are blue in the face but the truth is no amount of coaching can prevent a player doing what you ask him to do properly one week and not the next. In the case of Atkinson he did well against Derby and was shocking today. How is that down to coaching? He proved against Derby that he can put the coaching into practice but also proved today that he can't do it every week whilst he is coming to terms with the higher standard.

What cannot be coached is the split second concentration levels needed to play elite level football. You either have it or you have to learn it through the odd mistake or you don't have it and end up in the National League. Look at the Leeds kid at right back tonight who would no doubt have been coached to death since he was 8 and has recently been coached by that "mug" Bielsa who presumably doesn't know jack shit either, literally lost concentration for a split second and bang, 1-0 down two seconds later.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

After watching today in utter dis believe . From a great opening goal to some pretty poor defensive mistakes to lose 2-3. But no one seems to have mentioned the awful game the ref had and linesman in front of Lansdown. Their seconed goal totally offside. I was right in line and it a bad linesman miss. And both the ref and that linesman made poor desicions all game. On the whole our game was not to bad. But we kept leaving holes in the midfield that  Huddersfield used very effectively. Our whole defensive set up was so un together today continually giving them space and room. I would not pick any one out in defensive as having a particularly bad game it was they where not in a unit. And also how clear the extra pace and fitness Hudersfield had in chasing every ball or man down with a sprint. And when an attack was on they sprinted. We did not look like we knew what a sprint was. We just Look so untogether as a team. Yrs I agree some of those on the field today really are not good enough and we are a work in progress. A five season job easily needed. Yes I do feel NP us our man but SL has to give him serious backing in Jan. and ongoing transfer markets. This was never going to be a pretty season and we just have to stay up. And I hope the nonsense with the ref stoping the game seconed half for what looked like bottles thrown at their player taking a corner does not incur a severe reprimand and/or worse punishment . Anyway I bloody love this club so let's just behind the team 

COYR

Yes. Exactly. I tweeted to Twentyman the best bit of the match was the comedy refereeing. Totally inept. My god we have all forgotten abou the Peno. Vyner didn’t touch him. At that point the tone was set. 

Terrible terrible officiating, but there it is. What else do we expect!

• Like 1

I’ve just read the summary of NP’s interview. He said “"I thought our two young wing-backs did really well, both Ayman (Benarous) and Alex (Scott) showed good game understanding, they were able to manage the ball well….” I think it’s fair to say that I have minimal experience of football compared to NP, but, as John McEnroe said,  “You can not be serious”. The unanimous feeling amongst the bunch near me at half time was to take off Benarous and, possibly, Scott as well. City looked a lot better when Pring (a proper defender) came on but by then it was as too late. NP shouldn’t blame the back 3 when they are under constant pressure due to attacks coming down the wings and the midfield being overrun. 

PS - Benarous’ position for Huddersfield’s third goal was terrible. He didn’t have a clue where the wide attacking Huddersfield player was 

I’ve always tried to believe in NP but now I’m beginning to believe he’s lost it 

Edited by pongo88

14 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

COYR

The equaliser was offside, definitely. 
Linesman in front of the Dolman was repeatedly behind play first half, Atkinson & James got in challenges on other occasions so it didn’t matter, but he was shite.

Having seen the penalty again (I thought it was clear cut at the time) it’s a dive.

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve just read the summary of NP’s interview. He said “"I thought our two young wing-backs did really well, both Ayman (Benarous) and Alex (Scott) showed good game understanding, they were able to manage the ball well….” I think it’s fair to say that I have minimal experience of football compared to NP, but, as John McEnroe said,  “You can not be serious”. The unanimous feeling amongst the bunch near me at half time was to take off Benarous and, possibly, Scott as well. City looked a lot better when Pring (a proper defender) came on but by then it was as too late. NP shouldn’t blame the back 3 when they are under constant pressure due to attacks coming down the wings and the midfield being overrun. 

I’ve always tried to believe in NP but now I’m beginning to believe he’s lost it 

Have the bunch near you also got minimal experience?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Built himself a nice stadium that we pay rent on

Built himself a state of the art training ground that we pay rent on

If you look at the accounts that are due along with previous - I'll think you'll find that "WE" have a small part to p(l)ay

So who do we replace him with?

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Have the bunch near you also got minimal experience?

Probably, but where was Benarous’ positional sense for the third Huddersfield goal?  He didn’t have a clue where where the wide attacking player was. He was totally off the pace and out of position 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

100% on the owner in my book. He gave his mate Swiss free rein to build his empire here then defended the bloke from fan criticism. Nailed your colours to the mast there Stevie Boy. That makes the owner 100% responsible for the utter mess we are in.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

We won't be replacing Steve any time soon unless he decides to jack it all in (so no point flogging that horse to death) AND, whilst we are on that subject, Steve himself has given Nigel a three year job to get the club out of the mess it is in and will not be replacing him any time soon either............I've said it before and I'll say it again anyone who thinks Steve is going to pay-up Managers out of his own pocket every six months is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

To me, it's one thing Nigel "been there, done it; got the gillet" Pearson criticising his centre back; quite another Lee Johnson doing it. I think most of us would take a certain amount of this from the former, but not the latter?

If Atkinson is crumbling inside because of this, then we need to know before next summer.

2 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I think we really have to accept that at this moment in time it is just where we are. For many reasons, which are hopefully being on worked on ongoingly and in future planning. The team is just not good enough to be consistent at this level currently  

Great summary of where we're at. We can't always reach consistency over 90 minutes let alone weeks on end.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

We won't be replacing Steve any time soon unless he decides to jack it all in (so no point flogging that horse to death) AND, whilst we are on that subject, Steve himself has given Nigel a three year job to get the club out of the mess it is in and will not be replacing him any time soon either............I've said it before and I'll say it again anyone who thinks Steve is going to pay-up Managers out of his own pocket every six months is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

fair enough. Equally, anyone thinking that some billionaire is going to buy BCFC atm is delusional. We are where we are.

46 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Largely agree (especially re Bentley), but Atkinson was guilty of quite a few hoofs to the opposition.

The team looked much better with Pring on the pitch imo.

In the second half I moved from my usual place in the Dolman and took a seat not far behind our dugout, for a different view and take on the game.  As soon as they scored the third NP turned and said ‘that’s it, get him off’. Clearly not best please, I was unsure who was going but off trotted Atkinson and on came Pring.
my initial thoughts when he made that  remark was Belarous was about to be subbed,  but what do I know. 
I am a great supporter of NP and I think he is the guy who will actually achieve things here. I do think it strange that JD or CP were not started on the LHS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

To me, it's one thing Nigel "been there, done it; got the gillet" Pearson criticising his centre back; quite another Lee Johnson doing it. I think most of us would take a certain amount of this from the former, but not the latter?

If Atkinson is crumbling inside because of this, then we need to know before next summer.

To be fair, most pro's I've spoken to in the past are the first to tell you they've had a shocking game. I was speaking to a very well respected City player a few years back who told me how much he loved Shaun Taylor because "I couldn't ******* head a ball for toffee and he used to head everything for me".

Sorry, haven’t read all the posts, but have listened to Nige’s club interview (not BBCRB one).

I never criticise an eleven pre-match, although I sometimes am left trying to figure out what the formation might be after the pre-match interview.

Today I didn’t get why Benarous started LWB.  I actually thought he did ok, he didn’t get exposed too much despite being overloaded at times.  Similar with Scott, although I thought he had a tougher game, and never imposed himself on the game, Benarous did to an extent.  Re LWB I can only assume Dasilva is in the 18 because he is making up the numbers.

As for the performance, tin hat ready, I thought there wasn’t much between the teams.  If we’d have defended centrally a bit better (not even asking for them to be great) we’d have got something from the game.

We created lots of chances, we created lots of situations that didn’t end in chances.  You can’t just ignore that because we lost….but not should be gloss over the defensive / without the ball performance either.

Weimann had a much better game today, and showed (against my better judgement) that he can play as a midfielder making late runs into the box.  2 goals on top of that.

Semenyo is giving us a real different and added dimension today up top.  What did he have, 4/5/6 shots today, a couple of crosses flashed across the box.  Only one poor shot selection when he dragged a shot side when he could’ve played in Weimann.

There are definitely team balance issues.  They need addressing undoubtedly.

So, Wells, Palmer, Dasilva and Moore will try to be moved on in January imho.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

fair enough. Equally, anyone thinking that some billionaire is going to buy BCFC atm is delusional. We are where we are.

Agreed, it's a hard slog at the moment, that can't be denied whether you are Lansdown/Pearson in, out or shake it all about but there is literally nothing we can do to change it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I disagree with your last statement, but I'm totally unsure whether that means stick ot twist at this stage. 

I also don't think he inherited a farce it's a team full of championship and higher performers in the main, they dont suddenly go from better than average to anamalgous blob of under performance without rejection or defiance of the Managers instructions/training /coaching. 

Nige isnt immune from criticism. It's okay to do so, especially when we clearly arent firing on all cylinders. 

I like/rate Tanner and Atkinson from what I've seen of them, i just struggle with a manager who puts them out to get slaughtered time and again, without changing it up. I'm assuming we do do defensive work? 10 months and 3 coaches later, I'm not seeing much development in address what has been an issue for sometime. 

Sadly I think Bakes maybe done, given the amount tt of head injuries in a short time shame as on his day absolutely fab. 

It wasn’t meant to say either. But for the record I wouldn’t change the manager. 

Well we will agree to disagree about the farce that was 13 players out of contract multimillion pound overspend on players fees and wages. The fact that we have valueless assets on huge wages, that needs to be paired back while having limited ability to spend as we can’t generate any money. 

Thus in order to make us sustainable we have to blood youngsters and prey we can off load some high earners! I don’t like the fact Wells never gets a chance to start but as was pointed out on another thread that’s probably because he has less than zero value if he’s injured. DeSilva came here and was out for ages with shin splints and has never regained any semblance of his former self. Williams is theoretically our best player that has been crocked since his arrival or before 

This club staggers from farce to farce and has done since SL so spectacularly failed to back Steve Cotterill when we were promoted then threw money at Lee Johnson via Mark Ashton who jumped ship as Pearson was arriving thus leaving him to carry the can for the continuing comedy. Hardly anyone else at the club say s a bloody word and our chairman sits with his hand on his Dick on yacht somewhere off the coast of a Caribbean island 

So yes from where I am sitting Pearson inherited a shit show of mega proportions that was years in the making and continues to give. 

As I said Sir Alf would struggle right now but what we hope is we can keep enough of it going to make a mid table finish and have Half dozen players with previously only league one/two/u23 experience a part of a cohesive squad for next season without spending any money that could give us FFP issues. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

In the second half I moved from my usual place in the Dolman and took a seat not far behind our dugout, for a different view and take on the game.  As soon as they scored the third NP turned and said ‘that’s it, get him off’. Clearly not best please, I was unsure who was going but off trotted Atkinson and on came Pring.
my initial thoughts when he made that  remark was Belarous was about to be subbed,  but what do I know. 
I am a great supporter of NP and I think he is the guy who will actually achieve things here. I do think it strange that JD or CP were not started on the LHS. 

Yeah I was sat behind the dugout and saw the same ‘get him off’ after the third goal. Also thought that he meant Benarous rather than Atkinson. Benarous looked great when he got switched to number 10. Semenyo also didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. 

Such a shame that Dasilva is a shadow of his former self. Used to think he was one of our best players. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Johnson got the money. Pearson gets the excuses. He’s been a poor appointment and hasn’t gotten this team to play the honest high intensity football he promised. Lethargic all afternoon. Not only were they a much better footballing side but they were fitter and more physical than us. So what has he made us?

7 signings were his. Rennie was supposed to keep our best players fit. New contracts to the two young lads starting. New assistant manager in old ones out. He has had enough time and made enough decisions to have the team not be outworked almost a full season on with a preseason. And our best football has come when he hasn’t been around with covid. 

Slowly draining the football out of our best players. Two young promising attacking midfielders I’ll put them at wingback. Play a striker in midfield who breaks down countless attacks with poor touches and passes. Down 3-1 take a cb off for a LB but play him a good amount at LCB. Square pegs round holes sounds like the stick to beat johnson with yet nothing for “big nige”

He is a has been manager who has fallen out with multiple playing staff over the years and had one successful spell with talent in his staff and recruitment department. And millions of quid in a time 3-4m gets you top talent. Sick of the experiment. Sick of the football on offer. Sick of being outworked every week.

And before you talk about money Huddersfield didn’t spend anything on fees this summer. Released almost as many as we did. Relying on frees and loans. None of the prem squad are really there anymore. All with a coach nobody knew before he was hired. 

We’re Bristol City, most fans on here were turning their nose up at the suggestion of Steven Gerrard 18 months ago. Laughable 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1