IGNORED

Leeds United.

Midred

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Really I agree with you about Leeds and the bielsa effect is annoying, but I can’t think of any axe to grind with Everton or Newcastle.

I loved watching Keegans Newcastle and have had a soft spot for them ever since.

Newcastle - “best fans in the world” nonsense grates on me. Their gates sunk during the late 80’s early 90’s until Keegan came. Their treatment of Steve Bruce was vile.

Everton - nothing club since the 80’s and whinging entitled fan base much like Newcastle.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2021 at 21:28, TomThumb84 said:

Great to see them in such a sorry state.

The “Bielsa Genius” myth is one of my pet hates in football.

Plus their fans are horrendous on the whole.

A relegation trio of Everton, Newcastle and Leeds is the dream.

Got nothing against Everton.

Newcastle, Leeds and Watford would be my dream drop. ?

• Like 2

On 18/12/2021 at 21:28, TomThumb84 said:

Great to see them in such a sorry state.

The “Bielsa Genius” myth is one of my pet hates in football.

Plus their fans are horrendous on the whole.

A relegation trio of Everton, Newcastle and Leeds is the dream.

I get where you are coming from but then we have to put up with them next season (if we stay up). Newcastle fans are obnoxious to say the least and that dreadful F'cking song Leeds fans sing over and over is almost as tedious as the whore song.

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

I get where you are coming from but then we have to put up with them next season (if we stay up). Newcastle fans are obnoxious to say the least and that dreadful F'cking song Leeds fans sing over and over is almost as tedious as the whore song.

I never get sick of hearing the we all f*****g hate Leeds song?

17 hours ago, The Batman said:

Leeds and Newcastle to both get relegated please Santa. Honestly, the two sets of fans are so utterly deluded and the media love in with them is just full on cringe. 

I think Eddie Howe was a bad choice by Newcastle. No doubt they will try to buy safety in January but they may find it harder than they expect. 

5 hours ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

Not sure in what way Liverpool fans are "deluded", and I don't think the media love-in towards them is any greater than, say, either of the Manchester clubs, or Newcastle. 

Just my opinion. They have had periods of dominance but some seem to believe since their success in the 70's they have always been above everything. That has been my experience with a lot if the plastics that I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Just my opinion. They have had periods of dominance but some seem to believe since their success in the 70's they have always been above everything. That has been my experience with a lot if the plastics that I know.

All successful clubs attract a number of plastic fans. I would occasionally go to Anfield when I lived there in the 90s and the support the team received if they went behind was impressive and often led to a draw or win. In the relatively lean years of the mid 90s attendance levels held firm (Newcastle's attendances were way lower during their lean spell, pre-Keegan) and that they were dignified in the loss to City in '94 was quite rare; they knew a good performance when they saw it. 

This, and the way they stuck together during the various episodes of the Hillsborough story, suggests they deserve credit as a club and a fan-base. And I think Klopp is probably one of the good guys. 

• Like 1

Living in Leeds really gives you a proper perception of the teams following; .I can't leave the house and go to the local shop without seeing a Leeds shirt, they really do follow their Citys cause, its pretty impressive, if I'm honest, I'm a little bit jealous that they have the city to themselves (to a lesser state I remember living in Cardiff and feeling the same, although the difference is incomprehensible).

If things keep going the way they are, small teams will find it increasingly hard to survive unless they have a GENUINE benefactor, or receive success soon. I don't think the council/political Bristol would allow the gas to fold, as much as id love to see it I doubt it will happen in my lifetime, unless City become very successful and soon, hmmmmmm!

On 18/12/2021 at 18:54, Midred said:

Watching Leeds v Arsenal. Interesting to see that Leeds aren't being treated as a big team any more. All decisions going Arsenal's way. Mind you with Andre Marriner on the pitch and Michael Oliver in the VAR box anything is possible.

I seriously worry whether it's worth getting to the "promised land"?

Heading rapidly towards league 1 = Premier League? - never fancied her anyway!

?

Edited by Arsene's Wanger
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

All successful clubs attract a number of plastic fans. I would occasionally go to Anfield when I lived there in the 90s and the support the team received if they went behind was impressive and often led to a draw or win. In the relatively lean years of the mid 90s attendance levels held firm (Newcastle's attendances were way lower during their lean spell, pre-Keegan) and that they were dignified in the loss to City in '94 was quite rare; they knew a good performance when they saw it. 

This, and the way they stuck together during the various episodes of the Hillsborough story, suggests they deserve credit as a club and a fan-base. And I think Klopp is probably one of the good guys. 

I don't really have an axe to grind with Liverpool as such,more the media love in with them.Having said that,I lost a massive amount of respect for them with the way they backed Suarez with the biting,and much more sickening, the way they handled his racism issues. Seem to remember the whole team wearing tshirts in support of him.

On 18/12/2021 at 21:18, Super said:

Agree with that but they offer a lot more than the other 2.

What is it about getting beaten 7-0 or their fans racially abusing Arsenals subs that sets them apart from the likes of Norwich? Being slightly or even a lot better than the canaries won’t necessarily keep them up as Norwich are bound to finish second bottom at best.

I’m sure they will stay up of course, but lately Burnley, and Stoke before them, have spent plenty of time in the PL just surviving and taking the occasional scalp.

On 20/12/2021 at 17:03, The Batman said:

Leeds and Newcastle to both get relegated please Santa. Honestly, the two sets of fans are so utterly deluded and the media love in with them is just full on cringe. 

Everton as well. Not because of the fans, but they are considered by the media (Sky TV & BBC) to be one of the Big Clubs.

Nice to see all the love guys ?

To answer a few questions.

Yes Bielsa does speak English, he’s just not confident enough to answer in his detailed manner using English.

The Premier League is shit, not because of the results but the “stinky six” get EVERY ******* decision. Amazing how Rudiger tonight and Kane / Xhaka last week stay on the pitch, Liverpool player breaks a Leicester players leg with a horrific challenge and Klopp doesn’t come ONTO THE PITCH putting his arm round the ref to get a player sent off, like he did against us when it wasn’t even a foul!

Judge Bielsa when we have a full squad, there have been definite cracks this season, however we are utterly ****** for injuries, truly truly ******.

Recruitment has been poor to be honest which hasn’t helped, in game decisions have been horrific at times from the manager.

Its been circulating that this will be his last season, we all hope not to be honest, the squad needs a complete overhaul as age is catching up with many, which when you consider the fitness required makes it worse.

The one city / club thing I have mentioned on here before, Bristol just doesn’t have that pedigree, it doesn’t have the real needle and bloody mindedness, it doesn’t have the aggression (not on about fans with handbags), it doesn’t have any expectation of being ambitious, it’s sad really but it is what it is.

Fans, yes we are obnoxious c***s, but the support for the team is undeniable, the support for the manager is unwavering.

At present we are injury ravaged playing the top 6 and getting pumped, we aren’t going to beat them with what we have on the pitch at the moment so why do anything else other than support?

All clubs have sections of fans that think their support is great / the best but I’m yet to see it, all the “big” clubs have tourist fans and library atmospheres that clap when they score, almost like an expectation and boredom they’ll score, it’s weird.

To summarise, the Premier League is not what it’s cracked up to be, it’s still “officiated” by a small inbred pool of morons, but now they extend that to some absolute dribblers in front of some screens so they can all “miss stuff” that would inconvenience the bigger sides.

Anyway, onto you guys.

How the **** are you struggling in what is the poorest Championship quality wise for years?

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Yes Bielsa does speak English, he’s just not confident enough to answer in his detailed manner using English.

The Premier League is shit, not because of the results but the “stinky six” get EVERY ******* decision. Amazing how Rudiger tonight and Kane / Xhaka last week stay on the pitch, Liverpool player breaks a Leicester players leg with a horrific challenge and Klopp doesn’t come ONTO THE PITCH putting his arm round the ref to get a player sent off, like he did against us when it wasn’t even a foul!

Judge Bielsa when we have a full squad, there have been definite cracks this season, however we are utterly ****** for injuries, truly truly ******.

Recruitment has been poor to be honest which hasn’t helped, in game decisions have been horrific at times from the manager.

Its been circulating that this will be his last season, we all hope not to be honest, the squad needs a complete overhaul as age is catching up with many, which when you consider the fitness required makes it worse.

The one city / club thing I have mentioned on here before, Bristol just doesn’t have that pedigree, it doesn’t have the real needle and bloody mindedness, it doesn’t have the aggression (not on about fans with handbags), it doesn’t have any expectation of being ambitious, it’s sad really but it is what it is.

Fans, yes we are obnoxious c***s, but the support for the team is undeniable, the support for the manager is unwavering.

At present we are injury ravaged playing the top 6 and getting pumped, we aren’t going to beat them with what we have on the pitch at the moment so why do anything else other than support?

All clubs have sections of fans that think their support is great / the best but I’m yet to see it, all the “big” clubs have tourist fans and library atmospheres that clap when they score, almost like an expectation and boredom they’ll score, it’s weird.

To summarise, the Premier League is not what it’s cracked up to be, it’s still “officiated” by a small inbred pool of morons, but now they extend that to some absolute dribblers in front of some screens so they can all “miss stuff” that would inconvenience the bigger sides.

Anyway, onto you guys.

How the **** are you struggling in what is the poorest Championship quality wise for years?

Didn’t see it at the time, but how was that not a red by the way? What was VAR doing? Absolutely disgusting “tackle” from Tyler Morton 

Anyway, onto you guys.

We have a very unbalanced squad made up of pensioners and juniors. We only have a few players playing at their peak.

We are in a period of change as Pearson tries to sort the club out with no money available. 

If we can stay up and keep hold of our better youngsters, who will benefit hugely from this season’s experience, then the future is looking quite bright.

Anyway, onto you guys.

Imagine caring so much what other fans on fans forums think that you come on here, seek out a thread discussing Leeds and write a 500/750 mini essay that no one is really going to read in any detail. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Imagine caring so much what other fans on fans forums think that you come on here, seek out a thread discussing Leeds and write a 500/750 mini essay that no one is really going to read in any detail. 

Obviously not a fan of looking at other teams forums to find out what they are talking about!As far as I'm aware anyone's welcome to post here.

Oh and you probably not interested but I read it all, not in detail but I don't read anything in detail unless someone's paying me.

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Obviously not a fan of looking at other teams forums to find out what they are talking about!As far as I'm aware anyone's welcome to post here.

Oh and you probably not interested but I read it all, not in detail but I don't read anything in detail unless someone's paying me.

I think browsing other forums is fine, but caring so much about what people say that you feel compelled to respond in detail is just a pointless exercise. Fans are biased and emotionally invested - a mini essay about Leeds United’s fortunes and belittling our club isn’t going to win hearts and minds.

Edited by Phileas Fogg