IGNORED

Leeds United.

Midred

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think browsing other forums is fine, but caring so much about what people say that you feel compelled to respond in detail is just a pointless exercise. Fans are biased and emotionally invested - a mini essay about Leeds United’s fortunes and belittling our club isn’t going to win hearts and minds.

Ok maybe have to agree to disagree but I thought it was quite interesting to see a Leeds fans view of why they aren't doing well and it's nice to see them reaching for Liverpool levels of being victims again rather than the perpetrators but they didn't seem to care to much about getting all the decisions and being overblown in the media when they were in the championship. I also think there warped view of why we're not good enough (and evidently why they are) to make it to the prem is hilarious - apparently it's all because we don't have the expectation, which makes no sense at all because most teams in the prem at one stage or another hadn't played in the prem and most teams in the championship have played in the prem so should have that expectation.

It's a funny post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think browsing other forums is fine, but caring so much about what people say that you feel compelled to respond in detail is just a pointless exercise. Fans are biased and emotionally invested - a mini essay about Leeds United’s fortunes and belittling our club isn’t going to win hearts and minds.

You’ll find I’ve historically posted on here many times.

My best friend is a City fan and after attending each game between us I’d give a little match report from “the other side”.

I actually came to your forum last night because Bristol City’s financial results were talked about and discussed on the Leeds forum, until that moment I actually had no reason to visit.

Belittling? Not really

Hearts and minds? Not that interested

Do you think Pearson can help you through this transition period? You’ve sold a crap load of players in the past 7-8 years that could have made a probable promotion chasing side, is there a point when Lansdown says enough is enough and stops the support?

2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Do you think Pearson can help you through this transition period? You’ve sold a crap load of players in the past 7-8 years that could have made a probable promotion chasing side, is there a point when Lansdown says enough is enough and stops the support?

I think he can. We’re not a very good team really but showing signs of gradual improvement and are grinding out results.

Our squad is horribly imbalanced so eventually it’ll need improvement. Given the financial news - that’ll need to be done frugally in the short term. Pearson may need some of his recruitment staff from his Leicester days who bought in a few hidden gems ie Mahrez. 

Next season might be trickier as we’ve benefitted from the likes of Derby and their situation. We’ve needed a Pearson type for a while - someone experienced who’s not learning on the job. I think he’s probably the best attainable manager we can get at the moment so need to give him time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Ok maybe have to agree to disagree but I thought it was quite interesting to see a Leeds fans view of why they aren't doing well and it's nice to see them reaching for Liverpool levels of being victims again rather than the perpetrators but they didn't seem to care to much about getting all the decisions and being overblown in the media when they were in the championship. I also think there warped view of why we're not good enough (and evidently why they are) to make it to the prem is hilarious - apparently it's all because we don't have the expectation, which makes no sense at all because most teams in the prem at one stage or another hadn't played in the prem and most teams in the championship have played in the prem so should have that expectation.

It's a funny post.

I actually agree with him about the expectation point he made . Couple of my mates are big Leeds fans and I’ve been to elland road with them loads of times and it’s a completely different culture.

They are very revolved around football up there and very vocal in letting the club understand how they feel but when we’re not doing as well as expected most of our fans just sit on their hands or don’t show up .

As stated in other threads the layout of the ground doesn’t help but if people really want to have Bristol city to not be looked upon as a fan base who aren’t really fussed then they need to be vocal and not just leave it up to section 82 all the time . 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I actually agree with him about the expectation point he made . Couple of my mates are big Leeds fans and I’ve been to elland road with them loads of times and it’s a completely different culture.

They are very revolved around football up there and very vocal in letting the club understand how they feel but when we’re not doing as well as expected most of our fans just sit on their hands or don’t show up .

As stated in other threads the layout of the ground doesn’t help but if people really want to have Bristol city to not be looked upon as a fan base who aren’t really fussed then they need to be vocal and not just leave it up to section 82 all the time . 

I have been there before not supporting city and it is different (and I like it TBH) but I find that everywhere up north - they just don’t seem to dwell/contemplate on things and be so analytical about everything, they know what they like and they enjoy it, they know what they don’t like and let you know.

How that gets you promoted I don’t know and certainly didn’t seem to help them when they were in the 3rd tier for a long time. You can want stuff all you want but It doesn’t mean you get it, I’m sure Ipswich, Bolton, charlton, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland all think they should be in the prem and let there management and owners know that where they are isn’t good enough.

45 minutes ago, Pezo said:

How that gets you promoted I don’t know and certainly didn’t seem to help them when they were in the 3rd tier for a long time. You can want stuff all you want but It doesn’t mean you get it, I’m sure Ipswich, Bolton, charlton, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland all think they should be in the prem and let there management and owners know that where they are isn’t good enough.

Yeh I understand 

All the clubs you have named though have had seasons in the prem and other successes and probably will be back in the champ going for play offs before we ever are.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

I have been there before not supporting city and it is different (and I like it TBH) but I find that everywhere up north - they just don’t seem to dwell/contemplate on things and be so analytical about everything, they know what they like and they enjoy it, they know what they don’t like and let you know.

Out of all those I’d say only Sunderland probably think they should, it’s all about owners and managers, not about players.

I think for too long Bristol City under Johnson (or as the Leeds podcast likes to call him “the dwarf”) there was zero ambition, just an acceptance that the Championship “is your level” and something the fans should be grateful of, grateful of being in the top half….

I’d actually like to see you promoted to see what would happen with Lansdown, I actually think you’ve had the opportunity in the past 10 years but a complete lack of any plan by owner / manager has robbed you of it.

Clearly Lansdown is FAR better than anyone we had between 92-18, the stadium in places really looks the part (ours needs complete redevelopment), but do you think that it’s time for him to move on if you are to achieve promotion, or is it a case of settling for the status quo?

• Like 1