IGNORED

My Christmas wish

Ivorguy

My wish is that the pandemic abates & I at least get to watch the rest of it in the stadium.

This season has been no worse than loads of others in my 50 years of watching us, but not being able to go between March ‘20 & the start of this season, that was really shit.

Yes, I do have a ST.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, glynriley said:

1974 - 2021...and counting. 

Shit happens. 

Bring on the next one. 

Happy Christmas everyone. 

Happy Christmas, I note, not Merry. Interesting. The use of "Merry" of course being associated with the lower classes and rowdy Christmases of ye olde Ingurlund and mediaeval mischief and 'ows yer father and all sorts of ribald midwinter carry on.

Whereas "Happy" is yer refined upper echelons like yer Royal Family who wanted to set theirselves apart from ye scummy .... well, scum, to be plain. 

Anyway, moving on .... I always find 'Happy' Christmas somewhat precarious as a goal for a Bristol City supporter and beyond any possibility of control, whereas a 'Merry' one is always within reach (regardless of Chris Martin's this, Bakinson's that, or Nige's jurassic tendency to "set the team up" all wrong .... ).

Shakin' Stevens had it right. And Noddy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Happy Christmas, I note, not Merry. Interesting. The use of "Merry" of course being associated with the lower classes and rowdy Christmases of ye olde Ingurlund and mediaeval mischief and 'ows yer father and all sorts of ribald midwinter carry on.

Whereas "Happy" is yer refined upper echelons like yer Royal Family who wanted to set theirselves apart from ye scummy .... well, scum, to be plain. 

Anyway, moving on .... I always find 'Happy' Christmas somewhat precarious as a goal for a Bristol City supporter and beyond any possibility of control, whereas a 'Merry' one is always within reach (regardless of Chris Martin's this, Bakinson's that, or Nige's jurassic tendency to "set the team up" all wrong .... ).

Shakin' Stevens had it right. And Noddy. 

You know me so well...(are you Elaine Paige or Barbara Dickson?)

A Merry Christmas is a given...

Or Santa's wife?

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow is Luton away.

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

My wish is that the pandemic abates & I at least get to watch the rest of it in the stadium.

This season has been no worse than loads of others in my 50 years of watching us, but not being able to go between March ‘20 & the start of this season, that was really shit.

Yes, I do have a ST.

Bang on Graham.

I’ve seen far worse and even the McInnes era which some would argue was on a par to now, for me had less positives or reasons for optimism (Scott, Benarous etc)

It’s not pretty at present. We aren’t an easy watch but it’s definitely been worse. Still puzzled by those who think we are going to become prime Barcelona over night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I just wish this season was over.  There is only just so much we City fans can take. I pity the poor folk who have a season ticket.

No matter how bad things are it can always get worse, of course it can get better as well.

I and no doubt you have seen our club in the top div and the bottom div, we are about at the level we were around 50yrs ago but prob did have a better squad back then.

I envy those well enough and able to attend regularly, I dont pity them, the div we happen to be playing in is not dependant on most fans support, other things beyond their control are.

15 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Come on; Steve Cott's amazing promotion season.

Wilbrahim. Freeman, Bryant, and.... Flint.

That was the only season in my entire fifty odd years of supporting City that we were imperious.

Truly head and shoulders above all the competition.

Thank you Steve Cotterill. 

A shame that in true Robin’s style we shot ourselves in the foot . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That was the only season in my entire fifty odd years of supporting City that we were imperious.

Truly head and shoulders above all the competition.

Thank you Steve Cotterill. 

A shame that in true Robin’s style we shot ourselves in the foot . 

Not us Major, we all know who fired the gun.    Best season for many to us who have followed City for so long.