IGNORED

8 wins and 1 draw

MattWSM

Half the season played, same again with another 27 pts will be enough.

I always see 52 as safety so 8 more wins and 1 draw required.

2 wins by end of Jan,

2 in Feb,

2 in March and

2 in April,

plus a draw,

or of course more draws less wins

Hopefully reach 52 sooner but can't see it happening

Likely a lower points total than 52 will be needed but this is the minimum focus to avoid getting dragged in to a late relegation fight.

On flip side, win most matches to end of Jan and will be near top 10.

Think we'll finish around 16th

The last few seasons has seen the relegated teams on much lower points than historically. I think this is due to the imbalance of finances, with the top teams able to more easily beat the bottom teams. 

2021 - 44 points. 
2020 - 49. 
2019 - 41. 
2018 - 42. 
2017 - 51. 
2016 - 41. 
2015 - 42. 

This season, particularly with Derby’s deduction, I think we’re going to be looking at the low 40’s again. 45 absolute tops. So that’s 6 wins. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

The last few seasons has seen the relegated teams on much lower points than historically. I think this is due to the imbalance of finances, with the top teams able to more easily beat the bottom teams. 

2021 - 44 points. 
2020 - 49. 
2019 - 41. 
2018 - 42. 
2017 - 51. 
2016 - 41. 
2015 - 42. 

This season, particularly with Derby’s deduction, I think we’re going to be looking at the low 40’s again. 45 absolute tops. So that’s 6 wins. 

Derby’s points deduction will save us (I hope)

45 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Yeah personally I think 45 will be enough. I can’t see Peterborough or Barnsley more than doubling their current totals with half a season remaining. Could be wrong of course but would have to be incredibly unlucky.

Thankfully it looks like there will be 3 worse sides than us this season.

Points wise, though not playing wise.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

2021 - 44 points. 
2020 - 49. 
2019 - 41. 
2018 - 42. 
2017 - 51. 
2016 - 41. 
2015 - 42. 

I think 6 wins we will be in a relegation scrap

I was just saying if we get a rate of 8 wins and a draw would just keep us clear from getting dragged in to that, just

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 09:15, Alex_BCFC said:

At current run rate 39 will be enough. Probably 42 at max. Barnsley and Derby are gone. 5 wins now good enough. 

Yep, Barnsley have won 2/23 & have 14 points at halfway, that’s pitiful.

Peterborough have lost 11 of the 12 away games they’ve played & are currently on course for 38 points.

With Derby’s points deduction we look almost certain to finish above the bottom 3, if no one else.

April will be an interesting month if we haven't secured some distance by then.

Peterborough home

Derby away

Hull home

Points available there.

Looking at the fixtures coming up I could imagine us struggling to win many points prior to the Cardiff game which would then be a big one.

Then some better fixtures in February, hopefully with Williams back.

Personally, I think we're capable of improving in the 2nd half of the season.  We've had about 5 seasons in a row of falling away badly in the 2nd half of the season.  It would be nice to buck the trend and the conditions are there for this to happen.  We've hardly set the world alight and have a mostly young side that should improve as they gain more experience.  We need to put together one good run of  5 or 6 games and we'll be safe and nicely tucked into mid table.  

• Like 3

A few weeks ago I thought Derby would get out of it on the basis of getting 4 points off the top two and got rightly slated for it.

Their central defensive partnership is older than me and I can remember when Alan Dicks was manager!

I can see Derby's form getting worse and I can't see Barnsley and Peterborough turning their form around that significantly to make a difference. 

As long as we keep picking up points here and there to keep us in that middle pack then we should be fine. 

I can actually see us improving if NP moves a few out and gets a few in but I'm not expecting much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, Barnsley have won 2/23 & have 14 points at halfway, that’s pitiful.

Peterborough have lost 11 of the 12 away games they’ve played & are currently on course for 38 points.

With Derby’s points deduction we look almost certain to finish above the bottom 3, if no one else.

That's the pitiful Barnsley who were extremely unlucky to lose to us..! 

Most other days they'd have scored 4 or 5 past us..! 

• Confused 1