IGNORED

4 years ago today...

archie andrews

39 minutes ago, Offside said:

It was a brilliant night. My kids still talk about it. What an atmosphere. 

Shows that the new stadium design doesn’t impact the atmosphere if all 27k are singing their hearts out and the team is playing well!  Great night, my 2nd best night at the gate after Palace playoff second leg I think

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Shows that the new stadium design doesn’t impact the atmosphere if all 27k are singing their hearts out and the team is playing well!  Great night, my 2nd best night at the gate after Palace playoff second leg I think

Of course the design doesn’t necessarily impact the atmosphere, but the layout (ie location of vocal fans closer to away support) could be optimised.

My 18th birthday, not a bad night all in all!!

If you’d have asked any of us where we would be in 4 years time after that night I doubt any of us would have said we’d have regressed in the way we have. Let’s hope for more nights like that in the next few years with Pearson at the helm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

Wow incredible night  cant believe how utterly diabolical we havebecome in just 4years ????

4 years ago prior to that night we were absolutely shocking, in League 1 and on a horrible downward spiral. Things can change quickly in that time.

I have complete confidence that this time in 4 years we will be in a far better position than now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

4 years ago prior to that night we were absolutely shocking, in League 1 and on a horrible downward spiral. Things can change quickly in that time.

I have complete confidence that this time in 4 years we will be in a far better position than now. 

I really hope your right phileas we are such a horrible watch at the moment

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Where does that optimism come from?! 

Very sure we'll be under different ownership by then, so it'll be an interesting next few years one way or another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As wonderful as that night was, in my mind, each passing anniversary is increasingly a reminder of how little we’ve had to get excited about since - and how we squandered all the opportunities and hope of that season.

And, yes, I am fun at parties!

How I feel as well. 

Opportunities don’t come often for us and that night should of been a launch pad for but in reality that season finished with a whimper and we’ve been going backwards since. 

that squad and the money it raised was the best chance we will have of making the Prem in my lifetime and we blew it . Or rather Mark Ashton did, and to a lesser extent Lee Johnson.

• Like 1