IGNORED

Towler recalled

CyderInACan

8 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Nope. It was purely that the club has picked up he has been playing well, so want to get him back to coach that out of him.

Needs to reacquaint himself with the BCFC "system".

I would give you more than the one laughing face if I could! 

So bloody sad that the best gags are based in truth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

What are you basing that on, Dave?  They've lost 4 of their last 5 games.

That’s what the “until recently” means….they were flying, Towler was impressing.  I did some analysis on him a month or so back, when it was going really well.

• Like 2

After a good start to his loan spell, I think he's been on the bench for the last month due to results/performances

I'm sure the loans team have spoken with Grimsby  and if he isn't going to be starting regularly then it's best for all parties that he either a) comes back into the first team fold, or b) get him out on another loan to a club that will give him game time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

After a good start to his loan spell, I think he's been on the bench for the last month due to results/performances

I'm sure the loans team have spoken with Grimsby  and if he isn't going to be starting regularly then it's best for all parties that he either a) comes back into the first team fold, or b) get him out on another loan to a club that will give him game time.

Yep, agreed. From https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1640016430/

image.png.1397136599e6d891542783d68216f3ab.png

Not entirely.

I hadn't realised just how calamitous Grimsby's fall had been. Top of the table in late October, but lost 7 of the 8 games thereafter.

Towler's played in the majority of those losses, most recently 3-2 loss to Dagenham & Redbridge a fortnight ago, which saw them slip to 8th.

None of it screams wanting him back to play for City to me.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Not entirely.

I hadn't realised just how calamitous Grimsby's fall had been. Top of the table in late October, but lost 7 of the 8 games thereafter.

Towler's played in the majority of those losses, most recently 3-2 loss to Dagenham & Redbridge a fortnight ago, which saw them slip to 8th.

None of it screams wanting him back to play for City to me.

By first team fold, I meant training with the extended first team squad.

I don't doubt for one moment that barring a calamity of injuries/illnesses we will see him starting anytime soon.

• Like 1

By first team fold, I meant training with the extended first team squad.

I don't doubt for one moment that barring a calamity of injuries/illnesses we will see him starting anytime soon.

And that’s one of the good reasons he’s back.  If we get injuries, illness, he may be needed for the match day squad.  It’s a mitigation, it’s why we don’t just have 18 player squads!!!

Lets not forget he has played for the first team at this level previously.  I’m not saying he’s gonna start on Boxing Day but he might be needed to make up numbers…and who knows what after that.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And that’s one of the good reasons he’s back.  If we get injuries, illness, he may be needed for the match day squad.  It’s a mitigation, it’s why we don’t just have 18 player squads!!!

Lets not forget he has played for the first team at this level previously.  I’m not saying he’s gonna start on Boxing Day but he might be needed to make up numbers…and who knows what after that.

This was always the plan, regardless - IMO.