IGNORED

Fulham Away Tickets

Silvio Dante

£35 adults

£30 OAP or 18-21

£15 Under 18s

At a time when games are being called off left right and centre, when there is a degree of doubt if fans will even be able to attend and when people have just had the expense of Christmas that’s ****ing scandalous. It’d be bad at the best of times (and we may be reaping what we sow with what we charge away fans), but asking people to commit the above when they have no idea if the game will even be on/attended is scandalous. I could swallow the adult ticket (just about) but the high price relative to other away games for kids is the real thing that sticks.

Guess we know which team drove the FA cup pricing.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

£35 adults

£30 OAP or 18-21

£15 Under 18s

At a time when games are being called off left right and centre, when there is a degree of doubt if fans will even be able to attend and when people have just had the expense of Christmas that’s ****ing scandalous. It’d be bad at the best of times (and we may be reaping what we sow with what we charge away fans), but asking people to commit the above when they have no idea if the game will even be on/attended is scandalous. I could swallow the adult ticket (just about) but the high price relative to other away games for kids is the real thing that sticks.

Our adult pricing is pretty similar isn’t it? Agree with your sentiments btw but if we are charging it we can’t really complain if others charge us the same. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I think "reap what you sow" is a very valid point, most away fans moan at our prices, it is London, so prices will be higher, too expensive for a Championship game in my opinion but we will still sell out.

I don't think we will sell out. 

I think crowds are generally going to nosedive across all the divisions, whilst covid I'd rife again and awkward restrictions are in place. 

So many just aren't going to bother. 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't think we will sell out. 

I think crowds are generally going to nosedive across all the divisions, whilst covid I'd rife again and awkward restrictions are in place. 

So many just aren't going to bother. 

Agree. I fall into that camp. I didn’t go on Saturday either due to the Omicron risks and not wanting to risk elderly family. The rates of Omicron in London are even higher so I won’t be risking train travel and a match there. Shame as Fulham is my favourite away day. Hopefully the eventual data on Omicron in the New Year turns out to be more positive though - especially re boosters. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yes we do. It was Bristol City. 

Both clubs having to agree on ticket pricing hasn’t been a thing for a few years now so it’s set by the home club without consultation. 

• Like 1

On 21/12/2021 at 07:45, tommy_b said:

Yes we do. It was Bristol City. 

Both clubs having to agree on ticket pricing hasn’t been a thing for a few years now so it’s set by the home club without consultation. 

Someone should ask the FA to update their rules then....

"ADMISSION CHARGES 
Immediately upon receipt of the draw, clubs must liaise to agree the prices of admission for the tie, including 
a possible replay. Once admission prices are agreed, they must be confirmed in writing to avoid any dispute 
which may arise after ties have been played. Increased admission prices for visiting supporters can only be 
fixed if both clubs are in agreement. Home clubs must include all details of admission prices agreed on the 
Match Arrangement Form, especially if prices are different for both clubs."

• Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Someone should ask the FA to update their rules then....

"ADMISSION CHARGES 
Immediately upon receipt of the draw, clubs must liaise to agree the prices of admission for the tie, including 
a possible replay. Once admission prices are agreed, they must be confirmed in writing to avoid any dispute 
which may arise after ties have been played. Increased admission prices for visiting supporters can only be 
fixed if both clubs are in agreement. Home clubs must include all details of admission prices agreed on the 
Match Arrangement Form, especially if prices are different for both clubs."

They have updated the rules - a couple of seasons ago.

The rules for this season's FA Cup (https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2021-22/emirates-fa-cup/rules-of-the-fa-challenge-cup-2021-22.ashx) are as per below:

Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions.

• Like 1

They know that we travel in numbers there, so of course they are going to charge us for the privilege. And as others say we aren’t saintly with what we charge either. I don’t think it will happen, I’m not fully convinced Luton will be on either.

• Admin
6 hours ago, myol'man said:

When is the new stand opening at Craven Cottage? I would imagine that the away teams will get a much bigger allocation after that.

*edit . Summer 2022 to answer my own question.

I have been intrigued about their new stand it has taken them years to build, if you think it was being worked on last time we went there, and it is still not open

Then compare to how quickly we rebuilt the stands at our ground

44 minutes ago, RedM said:

They know that we travel in numbers there, so of course they are going to charge us for the privilege. And as others say we aren’t saintly with what we charge either. I don’t think it will happen, I’m not fully convinced Luton will be on either.

I wonder if there is some spite in what we are being charged after we announced our FA Cup prices?

Or maybe both clubs decided to rip off both sets of away support on consecutive weekends

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

I have been intrigued about their new stand it has taken them years to build, if you think it was being worked on last time we went there, and it is still not open

Then compare to how quickly we rebuilt the stands at our ground

I wonder if there is some spite in what we are being charged after we announced our FA Cup prices?

Or maybe both clubs decided to rip off both sets of away support on consecutive weekends

Being fair buddy isn’t the new stand being built next to the river so I would imagine that makes things a bit more difficult 

45 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Being fair buddy isn’t the new stand being built next to the river so I would imagine that makes things a bit more difficult 

It is indeed, and actually involves what is known as 'land reclamation', a means by which people will now be able to walk uninterrupted between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges - previously, there was no way through and walkers had to make a detour. 

Judging from some of the artists impressions, this will be no run of the mill stand.

image.jpeg.f3529cb2f3c8e8bf426d387c7645c01c.jpeg

image.jpeg.97988af87ae9b471257eb844787c97d1.jpeg

Fulham receive approval for redeveloped stand as plans for stadium  modernisation progress – talkSPORT

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is indeed, and actually involves what is known as 'land reclamation', a means by which people will now be able to walk uninterrupted between Hammersmith and Putney Bridges - previously, there was no way through and walkers had to make a detour. 

Judging from some of the artists impressions, this will be no run of the mill stand.

Fulham receive approval for redeveloped stand as plans for stadium  modernisation progress – talkSPORT

That's correct Phil. It's been a really interesting  rebuild to follow (not as much as ours though!) and it's going to be a beast of a stand. I can't wait to see it and will hopefully sit it one day.

Looks incredible 

Wow! Looks like Fulham away hospitality will be special.

4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Wow! Looks like Fulham away hospitality will be special.

I have only been there once; around Christmas time (Boxing Day, if I recall correctly) back in the late 1980s, when City were in what was then the Third Division.

By coincidence, for hopefully we shall witness the same scenario in a few weeks time, we had just beaten Fulham at home, in the FA Cup, and we managed to get a fine 1-0 win at Craven Cottage on a very cold day in front of an extremely small crowd for a Christmas fixture. 

The hospitality was excellent, though: a fine lunch in a tapas bar near to Fulham Broadway and, in the evening after the match, a wonderful dinner in a gorgeous Thai restaurant, also off Fulham Broadway; The Blue Elephant - well recommended if you are in the area.