IGNORED

Arsenal vs Sunderland

Unan

11 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I think LJ must be looking at Nketiah and wondering why when he was manager here he never made a move for him on loan.

I mean we could have at least tried, surely. Its not like we would have put all our eggs in one basket is it?

Would love him to come out with this post-match:

well, I tried to get him when I was at City, but my CEO stuffed up the deal and then Leeds gazumped us

even if it was a lie ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Good to see Patino get a game and a goal. 
I managed to watch him for the u21’s against Swindon earlier this season in the EFL trophy. Was head and shoulders above all the other Arsenal u21’s, was clear he was was gonna be the next one to be given a chance. 

He's been linked with Barca and Real, and heralded as the best player to ever set foot in Hale End, so little surprise. He's got a big future and what a way to start his senior career.

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not second half they weren't 

Fair enough, was listening on the wireless and they didn't make that clear. My point regards Pepe v COD remains though. We don't generally get in behind teams, so wouldn't help us v Sunderland at all. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would love him to come out with this post-match:

well, I tried to get him when I was at City, but my CEO stuffed up the deal and then Leeds gazumped us

even if it was a lie ???

I think that a one stage the deal was done, agreed by all parties but Leeds came in with a late offer and turned his head. Nothing we could do at that stage, Leeds was a better option in his and his agents view. Not sure anyone "stuffed it up" this end, but may well be wrong.

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Can’t think who you mean mate!!

Observant onlookers may have noticed that Callum Doyle was starting for S'land tonight on loan from Man City, and that LJ was sat next to Brian Marwood (Man City's Global DoF) at Newcastle U on Sunday. Yet we didn't get any Man City players on loan or otherwise while LJ was here. Wonder why that was....

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

I think that a one stage the deal was done, agreed by all parties but Leeds came in with a late offer and turned his head. Nothing we could do at that stage, Leeds was a better option in his and his agents view. Not sure anyone "stuffed it up" this end, but may well be wrong.

Correct. You were obviously reading my posts at the time carefully. 

As it happens, Nketiah definitely made the wrong move, as Bielsa barely played him.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's been linked with Barca and Real, and heralded as the best player to ever set foot in Hale End, so little surprise. He's got a big future and what a way to start his senior career.

Fair enough, was listening on the wireless and they didn't make that clear. My point regards Pepe v COD remains though. We don't generally get in behind teams, so wouldn't help us v Sunderland at all. 

Saw some highlights of him v Swindon in the EFL Cup (whatever it’s called these days) and he was embarrassingly good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep. I hadn’t seen him live before though, prior to my trip to Swindon when they played Ars u21’s in that noncey cup format. 
I’ve just found my WhatsApp message and albeit very brief report to our mutual friend - simply said “wonder kid Patino absolutely running the show for Ars. Has made errors but he’s trying things. Has a bit of bite about him too”  

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw some highlights of him v Swindon in the EFL Cup (whatever it’s called these days) and he was embarrassingly good.

Yep. That’s the game I was at. 
I just thought that, even amongst the other Arsenal players, he was head and shoulders above all of them. That night, he was the only one who I thought had any chance of breaking first team this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. Contrary to popular belief, LJ did a lot of dealing with Eddie during that transfer saga. Someone else who shall rename nameless was the one who ashton-ed it up!! 

Ian Wright told him to go to Leeds is public record. But if there was something else that concerned Ashton I would love to know!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s open to debate as Eddie participated in 17 games out of 24 for Leeds during his loan move, from August 2019 to December 2019 before being recalled by the Gunners ...

15 of which were as a substitute! He started two league games at Leeds, he'd have started every single one he was available for here. 

I recall Ian Wright saying at the time he/Arsenal had made the wrong decision. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

15 of which were as a substitute! He started two league games at Leeds, he'd have started every single one he was available for here. 

We will never know, but have a feeling he would have done very well at City provided he had service. The one that got away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was intrigued at the time to how LJ was gonna set us up…was it gonna be Fam and Eddie, because we’d started to see a shift to just one up-top and a no10.  Always wondered how Weimann, Szmodics and then Palmer fitted “the plan”.