IGNORED

Match in Germany abandoned after player racially abused

SecretSam

55 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Good . It needs to be made perfectly clear this racism stupidity wil not be tolerated. I hope the offender is being dealt with by poilce  and gets  a lengthy if not life ban from football  

Agree with this.

However, I do feel uneasy about games being abandoned. I need to be careful how I type this as I don't for one minute want to come across as not taking incidents like this seriously.

However, there will be those who will use any means to turn a situation to their advantage.

We have all seen matches where organised groups of spectators have gone out of their way to racially abuse players. I'm sure they would love to see the match they were watching abandoned. All those involved in football need to be very careful about abandoning matches. Feels like a giant can of worms being opened.

I don't have the answers I'm afraid.

• Like 12

• Admin
29 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Agree with this.

However, I do feel uneasy about games being abandoned. I need to be careful how I type this as I don't for one minute want to come across as not taking incidents like this seriously.

However, there will be those who will use any means to turn a situation to their advantage.

We have all seen matches where organised groups of spectators have gone out of their way to racially abuse players. I'm sure they would love to see the match they were watching abandoned. All those involved in football need to be very careful about abandoning matches. Feels like a giant can of worms being opened.

I don't have the answers I'm afraid.

Very true

Do we really want a game abandoned if it is just one person causing a problem?

Obviously if it was on a larger scale that changes the dynamics (like England away)

• Like 5

Surely if you say a match will be abandoned every time there is racial abuse from the crowd, anyone unhappy with their team's losing position can shout something racially offensive to get the game abandoned. You might end up with total chaos in the fixtures and more racial abused being shouted than you do now. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Surely if you say a match will be abandoned every time there is racial abuse from the crowd, anyone unhappy with their team's losing position can shout something racially offensive to get the game abandoned. You might end up with total chaos in the fixtures and more racial abused being shouted than you do now. 

I imagine their minds would be concentrated were they to default each abandoned match with a 3-0 defeat.

It might tempt opposition supporters, though, to pretend to be home fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

This should happen every time there is racial abuse. Every time. As for people saying it could be used as an excuse, that makes me sad and says more about them than the situation.

So what is the threshold? In the game that got abandoned the fans got the person, so it looks cut and dried.

What happens if a player goes to the ref and says he heard something, but nobody else has, and nobody in the crowd has. Should the players word be the final word, and they all walk off and game abandoned? Surely there has to be some sort of proof, ie others have heard it as well. Quite easy to hear something that hasn't actually been said. The huge amount (and I mean nearly 100%) of fans won't stand for it anymore so some will easily point out who it was if something racial was said.

Whilst I would in no way condone racial abuse, players going off crying because someone called them names and abandoning matches is a bit lame.

The more you draw attention to it, the worse it seems to get.  Surely it's just better not to make a fuss over it and carry on.

Seriously, if someone calls me a white honky or something, I really couldn't care less.

Throwing objects is another matter.  That's simply dangerous and should probably be self policed by the fans.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst I would in no way condone racial abuse, players going off crying because someone called them names and abandoning matches is a bit lame.

The more you draw attention to it, the worse it seems to get.  Surely it's just better not to make a fuss over it and carry on.

Seriously, if someone calls me a white honky or something, I really couldn't care less.

Throwing objects is another matter.  That's simply dangerous and should probably be self policed by the fans.

Uh oh...

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Did nobody ever tell you that the best way to deal with bullies was to ignore them?

If your view on racism is to ignore it and that players/people who are subjected to racist abuse who bring it to the attention of authorities are "going off crying because someone called them names" then you're never going to get it.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely it's just better not to make a fuss over it and carry on.

That sounds fair enough.

Did anybody ever spit at you, make mooing noises or throw potatoes at you because you were white?

Did anybody ever refuse to serve you in a pub or restaurant or let you stay in their B&B because you were white?

Did anybody ever shout at you to F Off back to your own country because you were white?

I don't know, but I am sure if they did you probably didn't make a fuss and just ignored them, so fair play to you.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

There’s always one

50 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Let me get this right.

A game of football is abandoned because of one bloke who racially abused another human being

The world has gone mad !

I've amended your post to match what has happened.

The world has gone mad that racism is so prevalent in modern society and yet accepted or brushed under the carpet by so many.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grifty said:

The world has gone mad that racism is so prevalent in modern society and yet accepted or brushed under the carpet by so many.

You can amend the post all you like, the point still stands.  

Why wasn’t the moron just dragged out by the stewards and handed over to the police for the law to do its job and let the match continue?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grifty said:

Not sure how old you are

but if you think racism is prevalent now You should have seen what it was like in the 70s and 80s