IGNORED

Keith Downing to Plymouth

Silvio Dante

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

Poor old Plymouth.....Ha!....😂     Sorry it may not be all down to him, but he didn't exactly improve our squad.....passing, positional play, technique, awareness, concentration etc?    i will keep an eye on Plymouth, and see if they emerge from their bad patch?  1 win in 6?

Yeah big Nige has done wonders with all of that in his 10 months with us- but hey he is honest in his interviews so it’s all ok

On 25/12/2021 at 12:13, supercidered said:

Yes and yes.

As a coach I was invited to observe at St George’s.

As I said just a standard coach in my opinion. Loads just like him  at all levels. Nothing special but good luck to him.

We’ve been missing a trick then. We should be getting you on the coaching staff as your a qualified coach and knows everything an excellent coach should be.

Anyone got Nige’s number? Up the league we go we are now saved

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

10 games since Downing left. In those games we have amassed a grand total of 11 points in sit 20th in the league over that time

Why do so many fans think Downing was the issue if we haven’t improved since he left?  Genuine question 

18th.

But its a relevant question.

44 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

10 games since Downing left. In those games we have amassed a grand total of 11 points in sit 20th in the league over that time

Why do so many fans think Downing was the issue if we haven’t improved since he left?  Genuine question 

Alternatively, 20th over the last 10 games (first few games hangover from previous coaching regime). Last 6 games 13th and above Fulham ( new coaching team starting to have an effect.) 

45 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What a bizzare way of looking at things. What did he do when he was here that makes you so certain he was so good ? He was a crap appointment along with Simpson by Ashton . Both did not help Dean . I don’t recall one person apart from Ashton being pleased at their arrival . We lost LJ and Holden both reputedly good coaches but lacking as mangers . That was a big damage . Maybe we have not yet replaced them .Alex Ball is certainly coveted as a coach by many in the game.
 But if you cannot see a change in how we are trying to play since he left, and as you pose the question , I suggest you go watch some videos of games as it is pretty damn obvious . Results might not be there but the change is evident . it takes time to build a club , we just got the perfect storm and are struggling ( like others ) to adapt . Between 7 th and us is nothing , it is a league of a few good teams and the rest are as good or as bad as each other .

That we have a group of under 23’s learning and developing is a huge plus . It might just help create a core for a push to the top flight . Our squad is not a great squad . It might have individuals but it is not a team or squad . It’s tough for many teams right now , and we are in the mix of about 14/16 sides where there is little to choose between them.

Alex Ball or Downing ? I know who I would choose . 

So why would you choose Downing ? Genuine question ( in your way of asking ) . What did he show or demonstrate that makes you convinced we made an error letting him go ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 4