IGNORED

Keith Downing to Plymouth

Silvio Dante

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

Poor old Plymouth.....Ha!....?     Sorry it may not be all down to him, but he didn't exactly improve our squad.....passing, positional play, technique, awareness, concentration etc?    i will keep an eye on Plymouth, and see if they emerge from their bad patch?  1 win in 6?

Yeah big Nige has done wonders with all of that in his 10 months with us- but hey he is honest in his interviews so it’s all ok

On 25/12/2021 at 12:13, supercidered said:

Yes and yes.

As a coach I was invited to observe at St George’s.

As I said just a standard coach in my opinion. Loads just like him  at all levels. Nothing special but good luck to him.

We’ve been missing a trick then. We should be getting you on the coaching staff as your a qualified coach and knows everything an excellent coach should be.

Anyone got Nige’s number? Up the league we go we are now saved

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

10 games since Downing left. In those games we have amassed a grand total of 11 points in sit 20th in the league over that time

Why do so many fans think Downing was the issue if we haven’t improved since he left?  Genuine question 

18th.

But its a relevant question.

44 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

10 games since Downing left. In those games we have amassed a grand total of 11 points in sit 20th in the league over that time

Why do so many fans think Downing was the issue if we haven’t improved since he left?  Genuine question 

Alternatively, 20th over the last 10 games (first few games hangover from previous coaching regime). Last 6 games 13th and above Fulham ( new coaching team starting to have an effect.) 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

The big question for me, is without access to Failand / HPC, and knowing input, influence etc, is that we are in a huge rebuild (2-3 years to get us positioned for a promotion push), why would we try attribute success or failure to one person, an assistant coach, and try to qualify it in 10 games either…whichever side of the fence you sit on.

I really am bought into the long term view (maybe I’m gonna be proved wrong).  I don’t think we will know where we really are until the summer, end of Jan window might highlight trajectory, as may 20/21’s accounts when they’re out.  I see us as 23 games in, not 38/40 (whatever it is since Nige joined), because the summer was a “clearance the site and digging the foundations” period.  That’s very selective of me, but that’s my “day zero”….I see little point in saying we were still top half when Holden was sacked, because we had to go backwards first.

I thought we’d be middle-eight (red shading below), lower end of….predicted 13th end of season finish as a slow burner.

I didn’t expect the Champ to be quite so tight outside the playoffs and relegation spots.

CC0701D6-98FD-478B-ADFA-7E7E99DB572F.thumb.jpeg.6e6debdb63469c5f6bb58f9300d798d2.jpeg
We are level on points with 16th (goal difference), 8 points clear of relegation (I’m not gonna talk about the other end) and 3 points off 13th.

I think we are on track….albeit level of performance on the pitch has been under par (in the main).  If I’m in a positive mood, I wonder what we can achieve if performance levels pick up too?

Appreciate many won’t view it like I do, what hey-ho, all about opinions.

• Like 3