IGNORED

Keith Downing to Plymouth

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

What a bizzare way of looking at things. What did he do when he was here that makes you so certain he was so good ? He was a crap appointment along with Simpson by Ashton . Both did not help Dean . I don’t recall one person apart from Ashton being pleased at their arrival . We lost LJ and Holden both reputedly good coaches but lacking as mangers . That was a big damage . Maybe we have not yet replaced them .Alex Ball is certainly coveted as a coach by many in the game.
 But if you cannot see a change in how we are trying to play since he left, and as you pose the question , I suggest you go watch some videos of games as it is pretty damn obvious . Results might not be there but the change is evident . it takes time to build a club , we just got the perfect storm and are struggling ( like others ) to adapt . Between 7 th and us is nothing , it is a league of a few good teams and the rest are as good or as bad as each other .

That we have a group of under 23’s learning and developing is a huge plus . It might just help create a core for a push to the top flight . Our squad is not a great squad . It might have individuals but it is not a team or squad . It’s tough for many teams right now , and we are in the mix of about 14/16 sides where there is little to choose between them.

Alex Ball or Downing ? I know who I would choose . 

So why would you choose Downing ? Genuine question ( in your way of asking ) . What did he show or demonstrate that makes you convinced we made an error letting him go ? 

Sorry, where have I said he was so good ? I’m asking why others think he was crap if we haven’t improved since he left.   

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yes you have . So come on . It’s the reverse . You are saying he was good . Or are you struggling with your own words . Justify why you think he was so good . You cannot do a double negative . Otherwise you are answering your own question . 

Re read my post. I asked why people think he was so bad seeing as it hasn’t improved since he left. My opinion on coaches is that us fans have no idea if they are good or bad. Assistants get praised when a team is doing well and slagged off when they are doing badly so we have no idea.  As my opinion is fans cannot know, my opinion of Downing cannot possibly be a positive or negative one.  And nor have I suggested otherwise, despite your misread. 

I am wondering if any fans can shed any light on Downings responsibilities when he was here. What was him, what was Simpson?  I’ve no idea.  Lots of negativity around but little substance to back it up really 

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1