IGNORED

Nathan Baker

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Towler being recalled is a clue for me

If they need cover clubs are they expected to recall any players from national league and below who’ve made a first team appearance. Could be we needed another to make up a match day 18 rather than Chuck a u23 on the bench 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lrrr said:

If they need cover clubs are they expected to recall any players from national league and below who’ve made a first team appearance. Could be we needed another to make up a match day 18 rather than Chuck a u23 on the bench 

Yes,

Towler to cover Baker not being around going forward this season.

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

What's wrong with Bakes?  Last I remember is him going off again with what I thought was concussion and expected him back for the next match.

He seems to have been out for a while now. Anyone know what the problem is?

Baker was knocked out cold & spent the night in hospital, I believe.

Prior to that he sustained concussion at West Brom in October as well.

I have absolutely no idea how you came to the conclusion he would be back “for the next match” based on that.

There is a rumour floating around the medical advice is that this is career ending, but even if not, this post is remarkable in its ignorance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Is that an EFL directive Lrrr from what you’ve heard at your club?

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have absolutely no idea how you came to the conclusion he would be back “for the next match” based on that.

There is a rumour floating around the medical advice is that this is career ending, but even if not, this post is remarkable in its ignorance.

Sorry, I had no idea it was that serious, which is why I asked the question.  I don't think there was any need to respond in this way which seems far more ignorant in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

While it shows some ignorance I don't think it's remarkable, some people don't read every thread on the forum and some don't understand how serious head injuries can be, after all after most head injuries most players are back after a couple weeks.

Seemed like a fair post to me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, one of the worst kind of injuries you can get both short and long term. 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Pretty much, rather than postponing a game if you have someone whose played 1 league minute they count as a senior player

So basically EFL have implied, don’t bleat and ask for games to be called off if you have players who you can recall.  Surprised so many games are getting called off.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Pezo said:

While it shows some ignorance I don't think it's remarkable, some people don't read every thread on the forum and some don't understand how serious head injuries can be, after all after most head injuries most players are back after a couple weeks.

Seemed like a fair post to me.

The problem was a thread posted in the week made some powerful and concerning claims about the injury. 

Following a few niggling replies the original poster asked for the contents to be removed, I'd suggest until anything factual is announced there's no reason to discuss this anymore before this thread goes back over the previous content 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked