IGNORED

Worst supporter reception?

Mr X

With the ongoing Mark Ashton thread on here it has got me thinking do you think there's any other ex-player/staff member that would get as bad a reception as I'm sure he will do next time he graces us with his presence at Ashton Gate? 

Just now, Red Shadow said:

Didn't he come back once wearing a blue tracksuit top and announced in the press how he wore it to wind us up? Or maybe that was before he joined us.

I don`t think he has - if he had I would have been there and the abuse would have been legendary and unforgettable. 90 minutes of `Tony Pulis is a horse`s ass` I shouldn`t wonder.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

With the ongoing Mark Ashton thread on here it has got me thinking do you think there's any other ex-player/staff member that would get as bad a reception as I'm sure he will do next time he graces us with his presence at Ashton Gate? 

Pulis. Every Fu kcing day of the week. Gas SYNT. 

Edited by CyderInACan
  • Like 3
  • Robin 2

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t think he has - if he had I would have been there and the abuse would have been legendary and unforgettable. 90 minutes of `Tony Pulis is a horse`s ass` I shouldn`t wonder.

I'm not very good at uploading links but this suggests he has (hope someone can open the link)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-daily-telegraph-sport/20071029/281685430486048&ved=2ahUKEwishPnT3fr0AhXI8qQKHUivC8IQFnoECCYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3rUPSxL05chliYVwwhHpTs

2 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

He did then. I remember the game well and Marv`s goal was indeed a screamer. It must have been the importance of the result overshadowed the return of the devil`s spawn!

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He did then. I remember the game well and Marv`s goal was indeed a screamer. It must have been the importance of the result overshadowed the return of the devil`s spawn!

It really does defy belief that those running the club at the time thought he of all people would be a good fit for Bristol City. Clueless.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Red Shadow said:

It really does defy belief that those running the club at the time thought he of all people would be a good fit for Bristol City. Clueless.

Sadly it was Steve Lansdown I believe, together with John Laycock, who out-voted chairman Scott Davidson to bring in Pulis.

Davidson I think favoured either Peter Taylor or a certain ex-City stalwart David Moyes. We'll never know what might have been.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep- coming out of the tunnel he did that pathetic brushing it off his shoulder reaction, which just made the booing louder.

Welsh Gas ***.

Yep, got in before me. Definitely did that brushing of his shoulders, the pr1ck.

I seem to remember it because it was that same game that one of our supporters sadly passed away during the match in the Dolman Stand.