IGNORED

Not just us in this scenario.

Waconda

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think I read somewhere he took a big wage cut to go there - boyhood club and all that.

Think you are right there. They have far bigger problems than Deeney I think.

Looks like Bowyer was mis-led on the situation re transfer funds available also.

14 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I can't figure out why a high earning player would move in this market.

Quite, surely no one will be able to command a wage increase or better contract.

Moving home in the COVID situation also a big put off if are a family man i would have thought.

Even agreeing to loans a risk I would think.

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

can players be made redundant or laid off if clubs cant afford their wages?

Can be "paid off" i.e. half of remaining contract in lump sum if both parties agree but not laid off in a traditional sense.

Other side of the coin is players can't simply walk out on their contracts and sign for a different club.

23 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Hopefully realty will finally kick in regarding huge wages some players earn , but like people say you can’t blame the players if there offered huge sums of money 

Hopefully but I doubt it, and why a lot of us are falling out of love with the professional game. I started to realise it when I became a pensioner on £160 per week !!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Hopefully but I doubt it, and why a lot of us are falling out of love with the professional game. I started to realise it when I became a pensioner on £160 per week !!!!

Another way of looking at it would be if we had more industries that were as successful as the prem then there might be more money to give to pensioners.