IGNORED

Luton game off

Henry

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Not surprised or overly bothered to be honest, stress free boxing day now, they probably should have shut football down for a couple of weeks.

They should, especially the PL, but they might have had to pay TV money back so they let Covid do the job for them.

Never mind the welfare of players and staff eh?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm with Conte on this should play the games it rewards the teams with poor covid protocols. 

Or you could argue that it rewards teams/clubs with smaller squads and are part of a sustainable club.

Reality is, you can catch Covid anywhere, and if the players have kids who go to any sort of social, they are going to get exposed to it.

7 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

I thought Luton would still fancy their chances with only 7 fit bodies!

Once drew 1-1 at Dundridge Farm with 7 players (rearranged game), when one car failed to turn up….one of our players had skintight jeans on as didn’t have any shorts and could barely run!!

35 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm with Conte on this should play the games it rewards the teams with poor covid protocols. 

I’m not sure any protocols can avoid this strain

The mrs has barely left the house this week and this morning tested positive. Clubs could have followed all the current “protocols” and still had an outbreak

Why does the rugby seem less affected by covid than the football? Only one game off in the top two leagues tomorrow 

I’ll be at the Chippenham Bath game I think, staying away from the plague household (haven’t been home for a couple of days before anyone suggests I should be isolating and I’ve tested negative)

6 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Changing the subject a bit anyone seen the state of the Luton forum . Looks like something from the eighties.

I tried loging on but I am lacking an accustic modem for my Dragon 32.

PS Nice to see the bbc still showing our game is on.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Once drew 1-1 at Dundridge Farm with 7 players (rearranged game), when one car failed to turn up….one of our players had skintight jeans on as didn’t have any shorts and could barely run!!

Remember playing a game where we got a 1-1 draw despite having only 8 men for the full 90.

Played in another at Stockwood where we started with 11, one got injured very early on & another left at HT to play in a hockey tournament (getting horrendous stick in the process) & we won 2-1 despite playing the entire second half with 9 men.

They had a bloke who was the spitting image of Paul Calf (Steve Coogan character) I spent the entire 2nd half winding him up by asking him how many he thought we’d be winning by if we had a full side, he was absolutely losing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Same happened to us for a Sunday morning game away, car broke down, started with seven, went 1-0 up, missing car turned up and we had the eleven for the 2nd half.

Lost 1-4 ?

6 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Season’s greetings fellow-Reds.
The game being off tomorrow is a double-edged sword for me ?

If you read my OP for the Huddersfield match day thread you might recall I was in New York City with my family for a pre-Christmas holiday. Thankfully, my wife and daughters are safely home, however, I tested positive on Wednesday so I’m doing ten days solitary in a really grim Air B and B in Brooklyn. Tomorrow’s game was something to look forward to watching on Robins TV and a good performance/result (however unlikely) would certainly have lifted my spirits ?. As for the double-edged sword a poor performance/result would have only made a miserable situation even worse! 

Just for a giggle here’s a picture of my Christmas lunch - drink up thee zider! 

However you are spending this Christmastime enjoy yourself. Thank you fellow OTIBers for making this forum the remarkable place it is.

4C727F93-BF81-40D9-8987-4F2E108203FC.jpeg

In case anybody's interested (after all the Christmas TV is bound to be crap), this has now been cooked and consumed!

Pros: prep. time nil, clearing away time nil, cooking time eight minutes, it was hot, a few glasses of cider took the edge off it.
Cons: everything else you can possibly think of and much more! 

77B5C172-C845-4D3A-8FE3-9F42D09AE713.jpeg

5BFE3E89-4805-40F8-BD30-C94B007A2758.jpeg

A9F6617A-0B33-4FFD-85C6-ED21166EAF5C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

If you read my OP for the Huddersfield match day thread you might recall I was in New York City with my family for a pre-Christmas holiday. Thankfully, my wife and daughters are safely home, however, I tested positive on Wednesday so I’m doing ten days solitary in a really grim Air B and B in Brooklyn. Tomorrow’s game was something to look forward to watching on Robins TV and a good performance/result (however unlikely) would certainly have lifted my spirits ?. As for the double-edged sword a poor performance/result would have only made a miserable situation even worse! 

However you are spending this Christmastime enjoy yourself. Thank you fellow OTIBers for making this forum the remarkable place it is.

My sympathies Jerseybean. I have so many questions about your predicament!

So, you test positive - what happens then? Do you have to isolate IMMEDIATELY? Who sorts out the accommodation - your travel insurance? Do you stay in the same place you were spending your holiday, or move somewhere else - if the latter how do you get there in a busy city without risking infecting others?! Who brings you food when you’re isolating in a place where you (presumably) don’t know anyone?!

Sorry for all the questions - just very curious! Merry Christmas!

8 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

So, you test positive - what happens then? Do you have to isolate IMMEDIATELY? Who sorts out the accommodation - your travel insurance? Do you stay in the same place you were spending your holiday, or move somewhere else - if the latter how do you get there in a busy city without risking infecting others?! Who brings you food when you’re isolating in a place where you (presumably) don’t know anyone?!

Sorry it did that weird double post thing.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry it did that weird double post thing.

Thank you ChippenhamRed and merry Christmas to you.

It is all a bit of a learning curve for me and tbh I have done what I believe to be the right and best thing, although it’s not without flaws….in reply to your questions: 

When tested positive - told to follow the local restrictions, which in NYC means 10 days immediate self isolation. Although ‘immediate’ isn’t strictly possible in every case e.g. I was in a hotel room which I had to check out of within an hour of getting a positive result! 
I was responsible for finding alternative accommodation. I didn’t want and could not afford to stay in a hotel (just one room, expensive, no cooking facilities, therefore deliveries or room service the only options, etc.) As you note that did mean putting others at risk as I got from A to B. Although of course I may have, unknowingly, been positive a day or two prior to the test when I was moving freely around. Food is a tough one - I opted for Air B and B so I had a kitchen (of sorts) as I didn’t want / couldn’t afford to have ten days of home deliveries. I therefore opted to visit the supermarket on the way to my accommodation and stocked up on medicine and basic foodstuffs in order to sustain me for the period of self isolation.

• Like 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, pillred said:

It's nearly midnight and the BBC sport football page is still showing the game is on, I really hope people don't look at that and have a wasted journey.

Our own website is still showing it too

Screenshot_20211226-031830_Samsung Internet.jpg

14 hours ago, marmite said:

I'm not sorry it's off but I can see fixture problems if this continues to spread. 

Only three midweek fixtures between now and the end of the season, won't be a problem