IGNORED

Gas Rugby Fans

Cardy

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I always found the Bristol rugby conjunction interesting

There must be many Rovers fans who are also die hard Bristol rugby fans. They must absolutely hate having to come to Ashton Gate to watch their team, I wonder how many stopped supporting the rugby because of it?

on the flip side there must also be a fair few Bath or Gloucester fans who don’t like the attachment between City and the rugby team. As a very casual rugby follower I used to be a bath “fan” as a youngster but now with the link I guess I’d rather see Bristol do well over Bath

Gloucester fan here. Don’t mind at all. Especially on the day you put 40 past Bath at their place!

• Like 3

I would go to the odd game at the Mem to watch rugby (purely for the Glory of hoping to see a play-off result!), but since Covid and BT Sport, I found myself in a situation where I follow the Bear far more closely than I did when they were Bristol or the Shoguns.

I would guess that the increased coverage now they are back in the top flight has stirred an interest in a lot of folk, so whilst for some the spiritual home isn't there, for a lot of newer fans (and I include myself), I never had the emotional attachment to the Mem.

Gates are up, performances (on balance, currently form very much removed) are better, world class talent is on display and season tickets are affordable. I would imagine that a number of lapsed supporters are in a similar boat, regardless of where they watch their football.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Tbh the crowds they get down the gate since they moved here have been huge compared to what they got at the potato patch. If they did lose any fans they certainly gained more than what they lost.

In all honesty the fans they lost probably had six fingers and were in need of a good wash anyway.

• Haha 2

Just think...

Gasheads were adamant that the Rugby would not be well supported at Ashton Gate. The deluded idiots even thought that non Gas Rugby fans would turn their back on the club.

Now we’ve apparently got Sagheads excitedly taking pictures inside the stadium having given the owner of BRISTOL CITY football club their cash and the OP thinks that we’ve ‘lost something’? ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

A mate of mine refuses to go the Gate for anything. He wouldn't watch a gig down there so travelled to London and paid for taxis, train and hotel to watch the same band. He even refused to book his vaccine down there, even though he was bricking it about catching the virus, and couldn't get in elsewhere. Bizarre, but there will be a fair few like him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TheReds said:

A mate of mine refuses to go the Gate for anything. He wouldn't watch a gig down there so travelled to London and paid for taxis, train and hotel to watch the same band. He even refused to book his vaccine down there, even though he was bricking it about catching the virus, and couldn't get in elsewhere. Bizarre, but there will be a fair few like him.

They are truly weird aren`t they? Mind you, I did have a mate back in the day that wouldn`t allow anything blue in his house.

He did draw the line at jacking his job in when his boss got him a blue company car though..........................

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

That's pathetic...

20 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

As long as their not singing that laborious Irene garbage 

Irene can rugger off.

Lansdown will not tolerate any of her "up and under" shenanigans at Ashton Gate, no matter how hard she tries.

After the Blue Few Rugby Fans have experienced the magnificence of Ashton Gate, there may well be some conversions to the One Team in Bristol. Though hey would have to undergo a deep clean and disinfection process (and the removal of one finger from each hand).

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It is. The thing to do would have been to rock up in a s*g shirt and big it up.

Everyone would have been wearing masks so he wouldn`t have had to see them laughing their heads off.

. . . Or catch anything nasty from the cheap tat rag.

• Haha 1