IGNORED

which tub of chocolates does it for you

redsquirrel

mrs nearly in tears friday night as i couldnt get heroes or roses. budgens to the rescue in injury time,two tubs of roses on the table,no heroes about.  

which is your favourite of the big four, mine in favourite order are

1, heroes

2, roses

3, celebrations

4 and never buy,quality street. cant get my nose past them,the wrappers in the  tub stink 

Quality Street win it for me. Unique selection and superior taste. 

Celebrations and Heroes just buy the full size versions and divide with a sharp knife. Cheaper and each piece will get higher filling ratio to chocolate coating.

Roses I would once have bought but they keep changing the wrappers and the sweets inside. Just not the same anymore imo tbh. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If we are going 'trad' it had to be roses followed by quality street.

The celebrations and heroes have no place at the Christmas table, they are a johnny-come-lately in the world of festive confectionery. Simply a reduced size version of a daily snack.

Would rather the Matchmaker or the After 8.

I'd rather have the Johnny-come-lately's than the Saddam approved Quality Street.

Quality Street gained the implied endorsement of Saddam Hussein when the Iraqi leader was reported to have offered them to visiting British politician George Galloway in 2002.Nestlé were initially positive, but then chose to backtrack about the connection.

I'd love to have been in the Nestle boardroom at that meeting!

"Great news guys! A world leader LOVES our product!"

"Awesome, let's get a full marketing team on this so we can exploit it! Oh, by the way, which leader is it?"

"Saddam Hussein"

"Bit of a baddie, but ok, we can work with it. This is going to be great! How did we find out that Saddam loves Quality Street?"

"From George Galloway!"

"Oh. Oh no! No no no no no! Saddam we can handle, but there's no way we can have bloody Galloway associated with us!"

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I'd rather have the Johnny-come-lately's than the Saddam approved Quality Street.

Quality Street gained the implied endorsement of Saddam Hussein when the Iraqi leader was reported to have offered them to visiting British politician George Galloway in 2002.Nestlé were initially positive, but then chose to backtrack about the connection.

I'd love to have been in the Nestle boardroom at that meeting!

"Great news guys! A world leader LOVES our product!"

"Awesome, let's get a full marketing team on this so we can exploit it! Oh, by the way, which leader is it?"

"Saddam Hussein"

"Bit of a baddie, but ok, we can work with it. This is going to be great! How did we find out that Saddam loves Quality Street?"

"From George Galloway!"

"Oh. Oh no! No no no no no! Saddam we can handle, but there's no way we can have bloody Galloway associated with us!"

To be fair to Gorgeous George, though, his speech in America was quite something.

23 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

mrs nearly in tears friday night as i couldnt get heroes or roses. budgens to the rescue in injury time,two tubs of roses on the table,no heroes about.  

which is your favourite of the big four, mine in favourite order are

1, heroes

2, roses

3, celebrations

4 and never buy,quality street. cant get my nose past them,the wrappers in the  tub stink 

All of the above

• Like 1