IGNORED

City release accounts - Ouch!

Henry

• The title was changed to City release accounts - Ouch!

Took 14% of the previous accounts ticket income and a 7m reduction in non match day revenue, even then you’re a long way short of the ‘allowable losses’. 

chanpionship football just showing how unaffordable it is to those without premier league parachute payments 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Took 14% of the previous accounts ticket income and a 7m reduction in non match day revenue, even then you’re a long way short of the ‘allowable losses’. 

chanpionship football just showing how unaffordable it is to those without premier league parachute payments 

The match day revenue spend, especially for the rugby is a bigger loss.

15 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-announce-202021-accounts/

The annual reminder of why we can’t just buy a proven 20 goal a season striker and why Steve Lansdown is a blessing rather than a curse. 

Excatly that and yet many fans still bemoan the owner!!!

We would be gone without the Lansdown,s.

A striker could be on the cards if we get rid of Palmer, Dasilva, Vyner, Simpson, Wells but what are their total worth?

And who will want them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I know nothing about this sort of thing but isn’t this, between Christmas and new year, an odd time to announce this?

Or is it done just before the transfer window on purpose?

More than likely, play down an expectation of spending this window 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

43C73BBB-E0D0-4DC9-93B1-B47FE5BE78EE.thumb.jpeg.47d9b5734be7a4243cf5ce41de1e7984.jpeg

I thought Downing and Simpson joined the day he was permanently appointed, not when he was put in temporary charge?

They did, this is wrong, Jamie Mac was still in post until Holden got the role permanently.

Eyewatering numbers & almost certainly ends the likelihood of any money being spent in January even if we sell one or two.

Why the **** Gregor suggested Dwight Gayle as a signing this week I have absolutely no idea, he might as well say Mo Salah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Glad to have Lansdown, but these figures are by and large his fault. 

We had a really trim quality squad that needed two or three additions. Then he let Johnson and Ashton take him to the cleaners and treble the wage bill. This was always coming. 

My thinking also. We always try to "rebuild" rather than "top up" what we have. 

• Like 1

D6C628FF-A734-4FCF-91E5-EA667C5AE506.thumb.jpeg.2b87e6ccae79d73258a0c454fb36c260.jpeg

25% of supporters let the club keep their season ticket payment? (Probably more than 25% given that the initial take up after Covid hit would have been down on 19/20 season ticket sales). I know there was a gesture to put the names on the third shirt but had no idea the take up was this high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Anyone know why staff costs rose by nearly £1m in one year? 

Surely can’t be player wages, you’d have thought that would’ve come down. 

This is one thing I noticed, but then we didn’t have any big leavers in summer of 2020, only some more additions I recall? Also we increased our back room staff whilst having LJ wage still payable and also a full year of Nakhi Wells compared to prior period!