IGNORED

City release accounts - Ouch!

Henry

Now we have the bottom line figure, would be good to know from those that are good at working things out like @Davefevs as to where we stand in the market and what we have to play with.

I assume based on this figure, we are solely reliant on loans or getting rid of players not in the bus before we can spend.

This situation is certainly testing our academy but in the long term, can only be a good thing towards being self sufficient whilst getting back to realising profit from said players when they become in demand.

9 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Excatly that and yet many fans still bemoan the owner!!!

We would be gone without the Lansdown,s.

A striker could be on the cards if we get rid of Palmer, Dasilva, Vyner, Simpson, Wells but what are their total worth?

And who will want them?

You don’t know where we’d be without them. How do you know we wouldn’t be better off. The tripling of the wage bill is his fault . Lack of a recruitment plan & letting Ashton ride roughshod for years. Obviously covid has had a big impact but if he’d had a sustainable recruitment/football plan in place we’d be in a better place. 

• Like 16

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

But but but my pint has gone up 30p...

£5.30 can you believe it...

I am never buying a pint at City again...

Fans spend a lot of money watching football and following city. Regardless of the club’s financial plight if fans don’t want to spend 5 pound 30 on a pint of piss that is no reflection on a supporter. Football is way out of control financially and maybe the only little light Covid has brought is that the realisation clubs need to reign it in

• Like 18
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

D6C628FF-A734-4FCF-91E5-EA667C5AE506.thumb.jpeg.2b87e6ccae79d73258a0c454fb36c260.jpeg

25% of supporters let the club keep their season ticket payment? (Probably more than 25% given that the initial take up after Covid hit would have been down on 19/20 season ticket sales). I know there was a gesture to put the names on the third shirt but had no idea the take up was this high.

This balance sheet was to the end of May - they first went on sale on April 12 so that's 6-7 weeks' worth of income for this year's tickets, and whatever amount the club kept from fans' payments last season as you mention. Not a bad tally given the state of the pandemic at the time and the short time period.

Edited by RonWalker

Where’s the value? We’ve got 2 players essentially earning 50k/week. One warms the bench, the other is on indefinite gardening leave. We’re just paying for year after year of shambolic transfer dealings. Even when Holden came in after years of LJ collecting players, we didn’t learn, we just threw more money at the problem. Nige has been tasked with the unthinkable: a Joey Barton style ‘great reset’. 

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Glad to have Lansdown, but these figures are by and large his fault. 

We had a really trim quality squad that needed two or three additions. Then he let Johnson and Ashton take him to the cleaners and treble the wage bill. This was always coming. 

Completely agree. This all happened on his watch, he’s accountable. He’s also able to be our saviour, so to the previous point he’s a blessing and a curse.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We had a really trim quality squad that needed two or three additions. Then he let Johnson and Ashton take him to the cleaners and treble the wage bill. This was always coming. 

It is down to Steve 100% as he took his eye off the ball. I'm no fan of LJ, for me its Ashton who's the villain. Young Jon just doesn't have the where with all to see through a snake like Ashton

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

• Admin

This is why I keep saying Ashton going is equivalent to the period when Pulis left us with an aging squad, on big money, on long contracts. It took us years of treading water at L1 level before we were able to challenge again. Pearson's task is to attempt to do that at Championship level. 3 years to get that season off the books (or turn one of the Academy lads into a £40m sale)

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Olé said:

D6C628FF-A734-4FCF-91E5-EA667C5AE506.thumb.jpeg.2b87e6ccae79d73258a0c454fb36c260.jpeg

25% of supporters let the club keep their season ticket payment? (Probably more than 25% given that the initial take up after Covid hit would have been down on 19/20 season ticket sales). I know there was a gesture to put the names on the third shirt but had no idea the take up was this high.

I wish this had been more widely publicised, I certainly would have in return for seeing the games on Robins TV (we can all insert a joke there).

I saw that Plymouth fans did this in huge numbers, from memory something like 80%, whatever our views on how Steve Lansdown has run the club & his decision making, I do think there is an element of us expecting him to pick up the tab here that would not be the case if we were still in the Les Kew/ Des Williams era.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

And having no income from fans for 12 months had nothing to do with the loss?

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

It is down to Steve 100% as he took his eye off the ball. I'm no fan of LJ, for me its Ashton who's the villain. Young Jon just doesn't have the where with all to see through a snake like Ashton

Ashton is undoubtedly the main antagonist in this piece, but my word the degree to which Johnson flies under the radar on here is quite remarkable. 

It seems everything that was good was Johnson, everything that was bad was Ashton. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

This is why I keep saying Ashton going is equivalent to the period when Pulis left us with an aging squad, on big money, on long contracts. It took us years of treading water at L1 level before we were able to challenge again. Pearson's task is to attempt to do that at Championship level. 3 years to get that season off the books (or turn one of the Academy lads into a £40m sale)

This is it and the explanation for Scott and Benarous being shoehorned into the team out of position.  We're trying to get a bid from a rich club that will give us respite. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

This balance sheet was to the end of May - they first went on sale on April 12 so that's 6-7 weeks' worth of income for this year's tickets, and whatever amount the club kept from fans' payments last season as you mention. Not a bad tally given the state of the pandemic at the time and the short time period.

Good point but surely there is an accounting adjustment for early season ticket revenue on this season, which has not been fulfilled. I've assumed season ticket revenue as published is banked and relates to the 20/21 season only within the trading year. £700,000 is what, about 2500-3000 season tickets? If it's inclusive of early sales this year, that makes the benevolent actions in 20/21 much smaller. How many names were on that third shirt? 

7 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Perhaps the owner might take a moment to spell this out in plain English to his supporters to take a little heat off his manager? 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1