IGNORED

City release accounts - Ouch!

Henry

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Who mentioned a foreign owner ? Too many like you acting like lansdowns shit don’t stink . Take away covid & the losses are still staggering . Who’s fault is that. You keep your head in the sand 

I don’t see anyone calling him the messiah. He has done some good things and bad things.  Overall though I would rather him than roll the dice for someone else. Maybe I’m just more conservative than others. I just can’t bear the thought of an owner with awful intentions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

In essence, outside of wages; City's operating costs for the last season seem to still be around £25m. Almost twice that of clubs of the same turnover as us in the division.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Correct, we are a juggernaut of cost, that will take a long time to turn around!

The non-amortisation operating costs of Ashton Gate in the 2020 accounts were £7.5 million.  It is expensive to run, but it was also designed to generate significant income for the club, which it does or at least it did and will do.  I think that City were about fourth or fifth highest generators of commercial income in the Championship, consequently the operating costs of the ground will be significantly higher than for others.  I would add that I think that that is a good cost.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Quite easily thanks.........LJ is a far better coach than Nige...........the problem was Mark Ashton not LJ?   But you are far wiser than me ?

Don't forget the Lansdown interview on Radio Bristol, it is "his club and he will do what he wants". So he is the only one to blame for this shit show!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

How many clubs when for sale have been bought by foreign owners..........do your research.  The only owners who will be able to afford City are 99% certain to be foreign,,and then it becomes another completely different  can of worms?

And that is?

In your world ONLY Swiss seems to get any blame. I would suggest that you look at all management levels from Owner down to first team managers over the last 3-4 years to answer how we can end up in such a position. As others have said had Covid not happened this would have all caught up with us anyway……..and for what? A club treading water at Championship level that since the Wolves defeat a few years back has barely strung a few decent performances together. Barely anyone who goes to Ashton Gate these days does so with any expectation of watching a decent game and this has been the case for years. How the Owner and First Team managers over this period cannot bear any responsibility for that is beyond me tbh.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

In your world ONLY Swiss seems to get any blame. I would suggest that you look at all management levels from Owner down to first team managers over the last 3-4 years to answer how we can end up in such a position. As others have said had Covid not happened this would have all caught up with us anyway……..and for what? A club treading water at Championship level that since the Wolves defeat a few years back has barely strung a few decent performances together. Barely anyone who goes to Ashton Gate these days does so with any expectation of watching a decent game and this has been the case for years. How the Owner and First Team managers over this period cannot bear any responsibility for that is beyond me tbh.

With the greatest respect.........i don't understand your point?   What have the Swiss got to do with it?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Jesus wept. 

It'll be the year 2038 and you'll still be blaming LJ for the woes of Bristol City. 

Perhaps you could run your theory past us, of how a man not responsible for negotiating or agreeing wages of new signings nor signing those deals off, is responsible for a £38m business loss?

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How many clubs when for sale have been bought by foreign owners..........do your research.  The only owners who will be able to afford City are 99% certain to be foreign,,and then it becomes another completely different  can of worms?

And that is?

But your  just assuming whoever would of bought the club would of been bad owners, based on nothing than your opinion . We’re talking 20 years ago as well, not now. If you’re happy with a rebuilt stadium & training ground that’s one thing . However you or nobody else can’t say he’s not made multiple very poor footballing decisions. Like I said , head in the sand . 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Broken down in the thread 

That is difficult reading and if there are other clubs in the same position, something is very wrong with football as a commercial entity, if it’s just us, there is a huge incompetence and mismanagement at play here.

I do wonder, given some of the games I see, how £16K PW can be seen as a realistic and viable wage for the return we get.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

image.png.76da672ff6278348088687d09efcafda.png

Wow. 

Wow indeed. But wages in the Championship significantly increased across the board over that 2015-2021 period, as did our revenue due to the redevelopment of AG, enabling us to spend a lot more on wages.

Also, even with a circa £30m annual wage budget, that was still usually only 12-14th highest in the Championship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t see anyone calling him the messiah. He has done some good things and bad things.  Overall though I would rather him than roll the dice for someone else. Maybe I’m just more conservative than others. I just can’t bear the thought of an owner with awful intentions. 

He’s been in charge for 20 years though & football wise we’ve hardly improved considering his outlay. Plenty of clubs with less wealthy owners have surpassed us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't forget the Lansdown interview on Radio Bristol, it is "his club and he will do what he wants". So he is the only one to blame for this shit show!

Well it IS his club?....if he suddenly withdrew his financial support overnight, then we would  be probably screwed?   Who is going to lead us out of this financial mess?   i am fully aware that SL has made numerous misjudgements, but who do u think is going to bail us out of our current predicament....that man, for all his faults will be SL ?

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

It'll be the year 2038 and you'll still be blaming LJ for the woes of Bristol City. 

Perhaps you could run your theory past us, of how a man not responsible for negotiating or agreeing wages of new signings nor signing those deals off, is responsible for a £38m business loss?

Thanks in advance. 

Perhaps when having a pop at others you might also explain how the whole of the current shit show can be caused by only one person. As big a ******* shithouse as Swiss is you have to acknowledge that the Owner asleep at the wheel and a manager loading a squad with mediocre clubs in the bag have also made a contribution however minor you see it.

Wont say thanks in advance, no need for it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks in advance. 

Johnson 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks in advance. 

Ahhh, the leader of the ‘all good things were LJ and all bad things were MA’ brigade. 

Beggars belief. You’ll be telling me that selling Ayling and Freeman for £1m combined was Ashton’s fault, or signing a million goalies - none better than FF was all MA.

Get yourself a bit of balance mate. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Oh sorry, I was referring to Swiss Toni, our previous CEO such name calling you will no doubt find grotesque or some similarly descriptive word……

No.........that's a really good name for him.....I agree that it is appropriate for a used car salesman masquerading as a CEO

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow indeed. But wages in the Championship significantly increased across the board over that 2015-2021 period, as did our revenue due to the redevelopment of AG, enabling us to spend a lot more on wages.

Also, even with a circa £30m annual wage budget, that was still usually only 12-14th highest in the Championship. 

Just goes to show what a wasted opportunity it was doesn’t it?

Well done Steve, another fine mess your boy has got us into.  No one could have predicted Covid, but run away costs and failure were always likely and predictable with that leadership team. 

It’s convenient that the two orgs that have needed careful management over this period as they take off (Bears and Ashton Gate) don’t seem to have had this issue, and have thrived as organisations. 

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

No.........that's a really good name for him.....I agree that it is appropriate for a used car salesman masquerading as a CEO

…….and my point is that whilst I cannot disagree that he is the worst appointment EVER made by the club the man who appointed him (and even worse defended him) cannot get off Scot free and nor can the manager who worked with him for so long.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

We desperately need a proper plan, both as regards players and finances.  There is little evidence we have either.

By the way, it isn’t SL’s club he is merely the temporary custodian. One day he will be gone. A new custodian will arrive, and hopefully be better prepared to take external advice, draw up a feasible plan, and leave the club in due course in a better place than he/she found it

• Like 1