IGNORED

The Promotion XI That We Sold (minus a keeper)

Boston Red

Goalkeeper - 

Right Back - LUKE AYLING. Sold for £200, 000.

Left Back -  JOE BRYAN. Sold for 6 million.

Centre Back - ADAM WEBSTER. Sold for 21 million.

Centre Back - LLOYD KELLY. Sold for 13 million.

Centre Midfield - MARLON PACK. Sold for 4 million.

Centre Midfield - KOREY SMITH. Sold for................no wait..................given away for free to Swansea by Mark Ashton.

Right Midfield - JOSH BROWNHILL. Sold for 9 million.

Left Midfield - NICOLAS ELIASSON. Sold for 2.2 million.

Centre Forward - BOBBY REID. Sold for 10 million.

Centre Forward - JONATHAN KODJIA. Sold for 15 million.

SUBSTITUTE

ADEN FLINT - Sold for 7 million.

NUMBER OF THOSE PLAYERS THAT WENT ON TO PLAY IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE - Seven. 

TOTAL MONEY RECEIVED. - 87.4 million.

TOTAL CHANCE OF PROMOTION NOW THAT YOU HAVE SOLD ALL YOUR BEST PLAYERS AND GIVEN THE MONEY TO JOHNSON AND ASHTON TO WASTE ON GUSTAV ENGVALL, MARLEY WATKINS, MILAN DJURIC, ADAM NAGY, JAY DASILVA, KASEY PALMER, AND NAKHI WELLS. - Zero. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Goalkeeper - 

Centre Midfield - KOREY SMITH. Sold for................no wait..................given away for free to Swansea by Mark Ashton.

SUBSTITUTE

TOTAL CHANCE OF PROMOTION NOW THAT YOU HAVE SOLD ALL YOUR BEST PLAYERS AND GIVEN THE MONEY TO JOHNSON AND ASHTON TO WASTE ON GUSTAV ENGVALL, MARLEY WATKINS, MILAN DJURIC, ADAM NAGY, JAY DASILVA, KASEY PALMER, AND NAKHI WELLS. - Zero. 

So if i have read your post correctly

The only transfer Ashton had anything to do with was Smith for free

Had nothing to do with the transfers Webbster Reid Kelly Brownhill or Kodjia !!!!!!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Goalkeeper - 

SUBSTITUTE

I hear your frustration but it doesn't work like that. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Goalkeeper - 

SUBSTITUTE

The one questionable one, and at the same time plenty would have agreed with, was Korey Smith. I think he was worth a new contract , he's played 52 out of 72 games at Swansea,  so still not 100% starter.
Of the rest, they all wanted to leave.
The "selling your best players" Mantra is a bit unfair. Yes we have sold our best players, we've also sold a lot of not so good ones. Of all of them possibly only Pack was a bit out of the blue, even Flint (who had seemed happy) was swayed by a pay day. 

I'm a little bored with this accusation , yes we have sold the best players. They are always going to be the ones better teams want. But name a team that hasn't sold players they didn't't want to. 

As for wasting money on that list of players, they were signed during the time we signed the ones on the other list. Plenty to criticise the club for, but selling a player that didn't want to be here, for a good fee isn't one. 

The criticism should be levelled at recruitment and organisation , we signed too many "clubs for the bag " and didn't focus on quality. Which lead to the good players wanting to move on when promotion wasn't a possibility . 

To emphasise my point, check out who Southampton have signed, and lost. They do the same as us, but better and a higher level It's the game.

• Like 4

Don’t know where to start, really.

Firstly we only bought Webster because we sold Flint. Regarding the latter, paying £300k then selling him for £7k was amazing business, actually so was buying Webster for £3,5m then selling him for £20m.

Although this still gets banded around a lot by Leeds fans, I cannot believe the Ayling fee, we got double that at the time from Blackburn for Derrick Williams, so why on earth would we sell someone who was in the side more often than DW to a bigger club for a lower fee?

Korey Smith had 2 injury prone years prior to leaving, he has started less than 60% of Swansea’s games since joining them, it was the right decision (as was releasing Liam Walsh, but as he has done absolutely nothing at Swansea no one ever mentions him any more).

Bryan, Reid & Brownhill all wanted to leave, how on earth do you stop that?

We have made a fair few mistakes in recruiting the replacements for these players, that’s the pertinent issue here.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 16

I'm so fed up of this argument.

"If we hadn't sold we'd be in the Premier League"...

Shut up.

If we hadn't sold we'd be even further in the ******* red. These players had aspirations to be where we were not. If you think we can survive by never selling our players as just another Championship side (that's what we are!) then you're a damned moron.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The one questionable one, and at the same time plenty would have agreed with, was Korey Smith. I think he was worth a new contract , he's played 52 out of 72 games at Swansea,  so still not 100% starter.
Of the rest, they all wanted to leave.
The "selling your best players" Mantra is a bit unfair. Yes we have sold our best players, we've also sold a lot of not so good ones. Of all of them possibly only Pack was a bit out of the blue, even Flint (who had seemed happy) was swayed by a pay day. 

I'm a little bored with this accusation , yes we have sold the best players. They are always going to be the ones better teams want. But name a team that hasn't sold players they didn't't want to. 

As for wasting money on that list of players, they were signed during the time we signed the ones on the other list. Plenty to criticise the club for, but selling a player that didn't want to be here, for a good fee isn't one. 

The criticism should be levelled at recruitment and organisation , we signed too many "clubs for the bag " and didn't focus on quality. Which lead to the good players wanting to move on when promotion wasn't a possibility . 

To emphasise my point, check out who Southampton have signed, and lost. They do the same as us, but better and a higher level It's the game.

I was, and am, a huge fan of Korey. But the bit that gets missed is we released him because we had his replacement signed straight after who is younger, and I think is likely better, in Joe Williams.

Nobody could have foreseen Williams injury issues would make Smith look like someone who was never crocked, but at the time, with Smith likely behind Williams (and theoretically Walsh) last season keeping him on having had the injury spell he’d just had would have been questionable.

I’d love him here now. But the decision at the time did make a lot of sense.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

All the talk about what Steve Lansdown could or should do. If we, the supporters want a decent team, we have to do our bit and thats to turn up for matches and buy food and drink and support the club. Its 2 sided. If your concerned about Covid, do as I do and wear a mask.

City lost £4 mil from no fans. Overall we lost £38 mil. It’s not me buying a few ciders that’s going to buy us a top striker to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Boston Red said:

Goalkeeper - 

SUBSTITUTE

With the exception of Webster, none of them are the quality of player to keep us in top league even were they to have gained us promotion.

Some of us remember the side that did take us up and for a few seasons kept us there.

Those listed aren’t worthy to lace the boots of the Gows and Cheesleys  of this world.

This crap boils my p###.

A load of people bemoaning us selling rank average players for actual money.

Meanwhile we lose shed loads of cash week after week and so called fans post drivel about boycotting the ground and supporting the club through dodgy firesticks and questionable IP addresses. Then say why haven't we bought a new striker.

Ffs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boston Red said:

Goalkeeper - 

SUBSTITUTE

I liked Djuric!!!! ?

• Like 4