IGNORED

Cocaine inside football stadiums

Shaun Taylor

Isn't it also true that cocaine traces can be found on virtually every bank note in England...

Don't think this really proves anything.

I bet human feces was on every toilet they swabbed as well, but they probably didn't conclude that people were ingesting that and causing violence...

Fans are reminded that in addition to presenting their Covid passport, a bag inspection and a once over with the metal detector, mandatory drug testing will also now be taking place prior to entry to Ashton Gate. Please allow additional time as queues may form while each spectator pops into our single privacy cubicle to prepare a urine sample for us. Your test result should be made available within 30 minutes and fans are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy the entertainment on offer around the stadium complex - which will also be patrolled by friendly detection dogs on the look out for beak.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Fans are reminded that in addition to presenting their Covid passport, a bag inspection and a once over with the metal detector, mandatory drug testing will also now be taking place prior to entry to Ashton Gate. Please allow additional time as queues may form while each spectator pops into our single privacy cubicle to prepare a urine sample for us. Your test result should be made available within 30 minutes and fans are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy the entertainment on offer around the stadium complex - which will also be patrolled by friendly detection dogs on the look out for beak.

Turn up 3 hours early to just get to the seat on time at this rate.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

What's new? They've been taking the piss there for the last three seasons. 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

There was a report about 10 years ago about the prevalence of cocaine in pubs in central Bath. It does seem to be everywhere these days. When we went to the Bristol Beer Factory just up from the stadium there was a couple in the toilet cubicles obviously doing a line or two. People don't even try and hide it. I was sat on the dockside just past the MShed with a friend and a group of teenagers/twentysomethings openly doing a line in broad daylight right behind me.

Noel Gallagher got grief 25 odd years ago after saying taking drugs was like having a cup of tea, but he also went on to say that the sooner society accepts that people from all walks of life (including politicians) take drugs then the better we will all be.  The propaganda for years in the media has been that people who take drugs are bad and evil and need to be punished etc etc etc when the reality is that anyone from any walk of life takes drugs, especially coke, but the users arnt the problem, it’s the suppliers which need to be targeted as the money made is used in even more sinister ways.  Legalisation and control of drugs would be much more effective than the current prohibition which clearly doesn’t work, and would help with other problems in society.  

So many of my friends do or have done coke and other stuff, and they are all what you would call successful middle class people in decent jobs with families etc.  To them coke isn’t perceived as any different to having a pint, in fact it’s more like having a bag of crisps with a pint.  

If you only think people who do coke wear stone island you are in massive denial about what’s actually going on.

I will caveat this post with I don’t or haven’t done coke, it’s not for me.  I did enjoy having a smoke for a long time until I gave up cigarettes, but stick to the beer these days!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 5