IGNORED

Cocaine inside football stadiums

Shaun Taylor

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Coke is as common as getting a pint down the pub these days, everyone’s on it or done it 

2 hours ago, Bannerman said:

Stupid statement

If you take what Alex said literally then yes, but that would also be stupid.

Hes not wrong though, it’s absolutely rife these days. I wouldn’t say “everyone” is on it, but I’m amongst several friendship groups for various sports, friends etc and majority of every group will have it on a night out.

what shocks me is how blatant it is. I’m sure if it used to be as common 10 years ago amongst the same people then it was hidden. Certainly was never discussed amongst the whole group, now it’s one of the first things asked when planning a night out. I think a lot would be surprised how common place it is amongst younger people too. It might have been naivety on my part but once you’re aware you spot it going on instantly in the pub toilets etc

Personally not my thing, tried it once or twice but didn’t get the hype. Not a fan of it going up my nose either. The odd pill at a festival now and again though is a different matter, and I’m sure that’s never caused a fight - much more likely to end ina cuddle!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Hes not wrong though, it’s absolutely rife these days. I wouldn’t say “everyone” is on it, but I’m amongst several friendship groups for various sports, friends etc and majority of every group will have it on a night out.

what shocks me is how blatant it is. I’m sure if it used to be as common 10 years ago amongst the same people then it was hidden. Certainly was never discussed amongst the whole group, now it’s one of the first things asked when planning a night out. I think a lot would be surprised how common place it is amongst younger people too. It might have been naivety on my part but once you’re aware you spot it going on instantly in the pub toilets etc

Personally not my thing, tried it once or twice but didn’t get the hype. Not a fan of it going up my nose either. The odd pill at a festival now and again though is a different matter, and I’m sure that’s never caused a fight - much more likely to end ina cuddle!

Yeah I agree everyone is a silly if not stupid statement..

everything @MarcusX has said here I agree..

drugs are rife these days, kids/runners walking round dealing all sorts, you can see the type a mile off ready for their next deal, since covid restrictions came about you see it more and possibly made it a lot easier to notice 

coke is so easy to buy, I don’t do it, yeah a bit in the past, but like we’ve said it’s so rife now and as Marcus said you’d be surprised how many people do it

much rather 3 pints of Natch at once for the same effect

Was driving along the SS Great Britain last week, and the car in front literally stopped dead, as did a car coming in the opposite direction.

Something handed over, and then at the roundabout the driver that was in front (now to my right) was clearly shoving it up his nose. This was at 1030 in the morning.

It's not surprising, I just don't get the fascination with it. Mind you I've never taken anything, or smoked, so what do I know.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

It maybe rife amongst your group but not mine, I’ve never tried it and I don’t wish to. 
The statement was a stupid, I can only read what’s in front me. I cannot read his mind if was not meant to be taken literally.

• Like 1

Yorkshire Red alluded to it, and whilst it isn't my thing, if it was controlled, then you would break down a lot of the criminality associated with it.

Which could then of course lead to taxation.

I'm sure the joy of a fat line will fade for many when they realise that a % of the tax goes to supporting refugees, rather than people smugglers. 

8 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Yeah I agree everyone is a silly if not stupid statement..

everything @MarcusX has said here I agree..

drugs are rife these days, kids/runners walking round dealing all sorts, you can see the type a mile off ready for their next deal, since covid restrictions came about you see it more and possibly made it a lot easier to notice 

coke is so easy to buy, I don’t do it, yeah a bit in the past, but like we’ve said it’s so rife now and as Marcus said you’d be surprised how many people do it

much rather 3 pints of Natch at once for the same effect

Agree with this and @MarcusX. Some people mocked Alex's initial statement but some are just completely oblivious to it, particularly if you've never done any of it. Right or wrong, it's everywhere, and not just linked to Stone Island wearing skinheads, some of those you'd least expect will use it regularly too. It's just another argument for some sort of legalisation imo, half the time these people don't know what they're actually getting but will continue to do it regardless.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Legalise it, regulate it and tax it, as well as all other drugs, think of how we could positively use the raised revenue.

And in the process take the money away from global criminal gangs who use drug money for terrorism, buying weapons, human trafficking etc etc but the government will only do something radical like this if they accept that cocaine use is rife through all walks of life, not just the junkies living in squats which is the perpetual image of drug users.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Noel Gallagher got grief 25 odd years ago after saying taking drugs was like having a cup of tea, but he also went on to say that the sooner society accepts that people from all walks of life (including politicians) take drugs then the better we will all be.  The propaganda for years in the media has been that people who take drugs are bad and evil and need to be punished etc etc etc when the reality is that anyone from any walk of life takes drugs, especially coke, but the users arnt the problem, it’s the suppliers which need to be targeted as the money made is used in even more sinister ways.  Legalisation and control of drugs would be much more effective than the current prohibition which clearly doesn’t work, and would help with other problems in society.  

So many of my friends do or have done coke and other stuff, and they are all what you would call successful middle class people in decent jobs with families etc.  To them coke isn’t perceived as any different to having a pint, in fact it’s more like having a bag of crisps with a pint.  

If you only think people who do coke wear stone island you are in massive denial about what’s actually going on.

I will caveat this post with I don’t or haven’t done coke, it’s not for me.  I did enjoy having a smoke for a long time until I gave up cigarettes, but stick to the beer these days!

What users fail to see is that they are contributing to murder  and misery in the lives of many  people  where drug cartels produce and distribute their stuff. 
In Marseille alone there are so many shootings as rival gangs fight for territory that it barely gets attention in the media. 
Thousands of decent but poor people who live in ‘ council ‘ flats have their lives taken over by these gangs as they control the estates and rope in their kids as look outs against police raids and then dealers. 
Every time someone takes recreational drugs they have blood on their hands  and are contributing to the hell of another person just for their own selfish pleasure. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2

Thinking about its effect on football violence, I think it's too easy to say that the "surge" is due to people doing coke. It's an eye catching scaremongering story from a rag of a paper 

I'd imagine a proper study would also cite a societal backdrop of the feelings of being cooped up in lockdown, the frustration of government restrictions and inadequate stewarding/ policing etc, as potential drivers too.

But obviously that would take some more effort by the 'journalist' than wiping a tissue around a toilet, and then creating a sensationalist headline.

Personally I blame it on the removal of the sheep pie

• Like 2

16 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Coke is as common as getting a pint down the pub these days, everyone’s on it or done it 

I'd say that out of my closest group of 20 friends, no more than 4 or 5 have ever used it and that is infrequent. 

All of those enjoy a regular piss up though. 

I think your circle of friends are just in need of something to fill a void in their life..! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

What users fail to see is that they are contributing to murder  and misery in the lives of many  people  where drug cartels produce and distribute their stuff. 
In Marseille alone there are so many shootings as rival gangs fight for territory that it barely gets attention in the media. 
Thousands of decent but poor people who live in ‘ council ‘ flats have their lives taken over by these gangs as they control the estates and rope in their kids as look outs against police raids and then dealers. 
Every time someone takes recreational drugs they have blood on their hands  and are contributing to the hell of another person just for their own selfish pleasure. 

Absolutely this. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd say that out of my closest group of 20 friends, no more than 4 or 5 have ever used it and that is infrequent. 

All of those enjoy a regular piss up though. 

I think your circle of friends are just in need of something to fill a void in their life..! 

Yet in my closest 20 I’d say 10 are semi-regular users and all have tried at least once. A group of normal men and women.

They are not wrong’uns nor addicts. They have regular (some in fact quite senior) jobs, a couple of which the cocaine is actually in a weird way a small part of the social aspect of their job. We really need to drop this idea of users being all similar in one way as it’s not true.

Its not as simple as you put it, and it’d be hugely eye-opening for some to realise just how many of their closest people do drugs of some sort.

As for the post above about buying it and indirectly contributing to violence, etc. I don’t really have an argument for that, it’s very true even if not a direct cause, but the biggest ‘fix’ for that is on the government level, not the individual one imo.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Yet in my closest 20 I’d say 10 are semi-regular users and all have tried at least once. A group of normal men and women.

They are not wrong’uns nor addicts. They have regular (some in fact quite senior) jobs, a couple of which the cocaine is actually in a weird way a small part of the social aspect of their job. We really need to drop this idea of users being all similar in one way as it’s not true.

Its not as simple as you put it, and it’d be hugely eye-opening for some to realise just how many of their closest people do drugs of some sort.

As for the post above about buying it and indirectly contributing to violence, etc. I don’t really have an argument for that, it’s very true even if not a direct cause, but the biggest ‘fix’ for that is on the government level, not the individual one imo.

I thought it was widely accepted that cocaine was used by all aspects of society? And more specifically middle class / higher earners/achievers? I’ve heard many stories over the last 30 years of a high level of drug use in these circles, whether from paramedics attending overdoses, media parties/office nights out, deaths (from heroin) in high ranking financial circles, private schools…

many might not appear on the surface to be addicts, but drugs can suddenly take hold and destroy your life, specifically if your economic situation suddenly changes and you’re not in a position to finance your habit anymore. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, YCbrs said:

Funnily enough that would definitely decrease the violence as it’s an opioid, but I get that you’re joking anyway.

I’m 27 and had a serious drug addiction for six years, including coke. Most of what everyone is saying is absolutely true (amount of people using it, not just in football but in the general population). Being the age I am I genuinely can’t go to watch a game with a few ‘mates’ at Ashton Gate without being offered a bump or a line, which has resulted in me restricting myself to going with one of the only friends that can take drugs sparingly and not at football, or failing that my old man.

Seriously though I don’t think the police, government or older generation realise how endemic not just coke, but drugs in general are in late teens and twenty odd year olds now. You don’t have to find dealers anymore you just join a WhatsApp group and within five minutes you’ll have a menu from five different people that offers you every street and prescription drug on the planet.

Don’t get me wrong, for people that can control it I don’t think it’s a huge issue but with the massive rise in mental health problems and the ease of availability of a lot of drugs combined with how addictive certain prescription (Codeine/OxyContin, Xanax) and street drugs (Mainly Cocaine and Ketamine) further combined with the glamorisation by complete idiots in the music industry - people are trying things they wouldn’t have 20 years ago because these idiot ‘artists’ are telling them it’s cool.

Ive been clean for about six months now and focus on scuba diving, playing football, travelling (docks are a bit cold for diving and not much to see) and trying to eat well and just be more healthy. I have a list of mental health diagnosis as long as my arm but I can probably only put depression and anxiety down as being caused by, or at least made worse by drugs. Like I said for people that control it and CAN genuinely control it, it’s not the end of the world if they take something they enjoy sparingly and can afford it, but I was in a situation where it was either keep going till I died (which I can extremely close to last year after OD’ing and waking up in the BRI) or sort my shit out and get addicted and back into the things I’ve always loved.

Its definitely not something I’m proud to have a history of, however it is what it is and if anyone reading this is struggling with drug abuse and wants any advice or someone to talk to please don’t hesitate to DM me.

But in response to the OP, I’d say about half of the people that use the facilities throughout the game actually need a number two, and are just going in there because it has a door lock.

Peer pressure is so damaging and destructive, whether it’s your boss, workmates or friends. Growing up in a small town in the 80s I witnessed it firsthand. Abstaining really meant finding new friends, and even then if nearly everyone around you are doing drugs it gets rather lonely.

• Like 2

Pointless article, everywhere there is a large gathering of humans there is cocaine its not indicative of football having a problem its indicative of how easy it is to get hold of the muck.   5.3% of people aged between 15 and 34 use cocaine ipso facto any location with a large gathering of that age demographic will have cocaine traces Football, Tennis, Cricket, Rugby, Clubs etc etc.