IGNORED

Club Shop- could be better?

Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agreed and I don’t think I can make an opinion on Gould as he hasn’t been here long but what worries me is successful clubs at this level get in decent football CEO’s whilst we’ve employed a cricket man .

Better than an egotistical football-wannabe man ???

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agreed and I don’t think I can make an opinion on Gould as he hasn’t been here long but what worries me is successful clubs at this level get in decent football CEO’s whilst we’ve employed a cricket man .

Which CEOs would you refer to as examples of your "decent football CEOs" at "successful clubs at this level"?

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Which CEOs would you refer to as examples of your "decent football CEOs" at "successful clubs at this level"?

Brighton ceo- Paul barber 

worked for football association and was chief executive at Spurs before Brighton.

Fulham -Alistair mackintosh

joined when Fulham didn’t have parachute payments from Man City 

Norwich- David mcnally 

previously worked for Celtic plus Norwich 

Swansea - Julian winter 

joined recently previously worked as chief executive of Watford 

• Like 2

This has to be the one main issue that went hopelessly wrong during the redevelopment. The idea that we had no site for a decent shop - when we have huge indoor areas behind three stands - is amazing. Presumably the concourses were left deliberately empty for non football hirings.

On 30/12/2021 at 09:36, Selred said:

The worst thing is even the Gas has partnered with the Terrace and have a great range for Xmas presents. 

We really lacked for stocking fillers this year. 

We should introduce retro shirt and legends t-shirts and hoodies etc. ranges.  I still have my Dziekanowski t-shirt from back in the day. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Leveller said:

This has to be the one main issue that went hopelessly wrong during the redevelopment. The idea that we had no site for a decent shop - when we have huge indoor areas behind three stands - is amazing. Presumably the concourses were left deliberately empty for non football hirings.

The intention was to increase off field and non match day income, biggest conference space in the West Country I believe.

Not sure if the plans have changed, but there was talk of a "mega" store on the new Basketball complex. Makes sense all under one roof with one lot of employees.

I ordered a training top in the 30% off sale on Monday. This morning I’d still not had an email confirming that my item had been shipped so I emailed them for an update. The response was pretty quick saying “Sorry but we are out of stock in that size, would you like a refund?”

Seems they were happy to keep my money in the hope that I’d forgot or something? Poor that I had to contact them at all. 

My lad wanted a Bears away kit for Christmas, but could only have the shirt as his Grandad was told in the shop “we don’t sell the shorts”.

It’s baffling how poor the retail side of things is.  I can get a collar for the dog yet I can’t get a branded boot bag for my girl, or a golf umbrella for myself. 

Went in for the first time in a while recently, as I was taking my young son and wanted a souvenir.

The offering is dire. Nearly all the shop is taken up by shirts, split almost equally between rugby and the women’s team.

The “pocket money” items are non existent. 
Anything smaller, eg caps and bottles, are placed in the queue, so you have to push past people to look.

As someone else said, this is the one thing that the Gas have better than us. Their partnership with The Terrace looks great. We really need to be exploring avenues like that too, although The Terrace probably take a hefty percentage.