IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

In the past couple of seasons we have, in my opinion, robbed QPR of points.

We really have. Just a bit of fun but over the past 5 league games (so not counting the EFL cup tie that was 3-3 and pens) they have, on average, had twice as many shots against us as we have created. They've had 4.6 shots on target to our 3, and our xG is 1.1 v 2.0 for them.

And yet, thanks to football being a silly game, we've scored 8 to their 5, and taken 12 points from the 15 on offer.

Scandalous.

image.png

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Rather annoyingly when Mrs Isewater asked me if I was alright to invite friends round for dinner this week I said fine just not on a Tuesday or Wednesday night . 
Bless her she arranged a Thursday night so I will miss the match. 
Sing loud and proud. The lads need your support more than ever. 

Why not go to the match and join Mrs M and friends by Zoom. You should embrace modern technology wherever possible 

• Haha 3
  • Robin 1
25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If I follow your excellent suggestion, ‘ modern technology ‘ is all I will be embracing !

It's a long way from France and surely M. Macron will present all sorts of hurdles for you to nip over to BS3 and back again.

Surely you just tune in as usual but put your tv on pause and watch after your soiree. Bon apetit.

• Like 1

Of the two home games coming up tonight’s promises to be the better of the two.

A chance for a first double of the season and some good football tonight.

I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a Millwall at home game, in fact it will be 10 years and a day since we last beat them at home and there has been some absolute dross served up in the games in between.

So with that in mind, I’ll probably go tonight but not on Sunday and then regret it afterwards. 

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Yes; unfortunately Major I've made the same mistake with a dinner party so instead of screaming vitriolic abuse at the plastic cockney opposition I will be discussing politics and the news of the day over a delightful bottle of Cairanne.

Surely better to drink the contents of a bottle..................rather than watch a team bottling it?  I will be deliriously happy if we get a point

Edited by maxjak
9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Minimum 3 points needed from tonight and millwall. Let’s hope we get them tonight! 

Would we all take 3 points from the 2 games if offered now? I would 

Any time we can get a win is good.  I’m from the school that any point is a good point and take one game at a time, but agree with you - a win in either game will be a big boost.

In our situation, any run of games, where we can pick up >1ppg will move us further away from getting dragged into a relegation battle (which I don’t think we will).

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Yes; unfortunately Major I've made the same mistake with a dinner party so instead of screaming vitriolic abuse at the plastic cockney opposition I will be discussing politics and the news of the day over a delightful bottle of Cairanne.

I must be honest, I had never heard of Cairanne, so had to look it up, not being sure if it was a red wine or a whisky (Cairn).

I now know that it is a Cotes du Rhone - Villages, no less.

The good news is that there does not seem to have been any dramatic news today, political or otherwise, so you should be able to relax and enjoy your dinner. 

Bon Appétit, and I hope you enjoy your wine.