IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

Having slept on the game and reflected it was probably the best 90 minutes we’ve produced this season and we largely nullified a very decent QPR side, Max had little to do. Thought that COD, AS, MJ and MOL were particularly effective and if only AS could score! 

Obviously still sick about losing and by goals scored in the 45 + 3 and 90 + 3 minutes and very disappointed by the officials.

I feel more positive than negative given our overall team performance.

• Like 4
Just now, Jerseybean said:

Having slept on the game and reflected it was probably the best 90 minutes we’ve produced this season and we largely nullified a very decent QPR side, Max had little to do. Thought that COD, AS, MJ and MOL were particularly effective and if only AS could score! 

Obviously still sick about losing and by goals scored in the 45 + 3 and 90 + 3 minutes and very disappointed by the officials.

I feel more positive than negative given our overall team performance.

Agreed. It’s a slow improvement but we have gone from being distinctly second best in games to now competing and at times like the first 25 minutes last night actually dominating spells of games. The next step is converting dominance into goals. A clinical side would have put QPR to bed last night after half an hour. That’s not being rose tinted either.

• Like 4

Just watched the highlights on YouTube and wondered about how we let that corner in at the last minute.   It's a very fine angle to score from.   Kind of think that the keeper should be able to deal with it.    And why was there no defender on the post?     It was injury time - surely they should have defended the goal line?

7 hours ago, MarcusX said:

There’s no rule that you have to give it back

In fact isn’t the latest “directive” to play to the whistle? The ref will stop the game if the injury is serious, so we shouldn’t have put it out if you want to go by “rules”

I don’t like the ‘give it back under any circumstances’ way that has become the norm. The injury is either deemed to be serious enough to stop the game, that’s what the Ref and his/her assistants are for, or the the team whose player is injured kicks out the ball when they next have it.

Too many times I’ve seen an opposing player keep the ball when a team mate is on the floor only for us (or another team, it’s not just us) to then kick it out as the crowd/Ref/opposing team is shouting to do so. They didn’t want to take that option when they possession so they cannot expect to also gain from the throw in from the restart either.

Obviously when there is serious injury things should be different. Get the injured player help ASAP, physics should be able to run on without permission of the Ref

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

physics should be able to run on without permission of the Ref

One of 3 things from rugby that think there’s merit in football trialling (if it hasn’t):

1. Physios running on - might not work as football tends to be more spread out than rugby, so risk of getting in the way might be higher, but on the other hand 30 players in rugby vs 22. In rugby, the attacking team knows the ref will stop play if the ball goes too near the injured player/physio, so tend to find ways to avoid. And game will be stopped for properly serious injuries. 

2. Using ‘time off’ to stop the clock for t!tting around during the game and then when the clock hits 90 mins, the match is over next time ball out of play (assuming not a penalty/free kick). 

3. Scrums… okay, only two things. 

• Like 1

Just watched the Quest highlights. Included quite a bit of analysis on the match as well: they agreed we played well and that we should have a had a penalty; they also thought that we should have had someone on the post at the corner for QPR’s winner. A few other things I noticed which I didn’t when watching it live on red button: When King was booked for dissent you can see from his gestures that his complaint was that we had not given the Scott penalty at the other end; Austin appeared to recognise Pring’s great challenge on him (that led to the corner that they scored from) - so not all bad from him!; O’Dowda did not put in any challenge on the guy who scored; it was a great header though - really tight angle.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Good his comments are justified. And Nige as we know will tell it as it is . The referee performance that night is up there with one of the worst I’ve seen. 

Totally.

Also Pearson is definitely not one of those moan about the ref after every defeat types (like Warnock) so the fact that he told him he was parks standard & was as annoyed as I have seen him with an official since taking over, should count for something here.

Expect he will get a warning but the FA should be looking at this clown, not NP.

• Like 3

If there was a referee assessor at the Gate that night.......and .unless they were as incompetent as the clown purporting to referee the game, then surely they will back up Nige's opinion, that the man was a buffoon?   I realise that if the powers that be, stay consistent, then Nige will be fined, and the referee's absurd attempt at controlling a football match will be ignored and he will probably be given a Five star rating.....because of course they are NEVER wrong...........that is what we have to put up with..........because they are in general,  stupid pheckers, who look after their own?

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Totally.

Also Pearson is definitely not one of those moan about the ref after every defeat types (like Warnock) so the fact that he told him he was parks standard & was as annoyed as I have seen him with an official since taking over, should count for something here.

Expect he will get a warning but the FA should be looking at this clown, not NP.

Exactly never heard him moan especially when the going has been difficult. And during his tenure he could of looked for excuses but he hasn’t ( even more respect for the man). But you only got to look across the river for a manager to constantly blame others for their own shortfalls. NP IMO is a very honest man . 

• Like 1
  • Admin
On 06/01/2022 at 20:08, Red Army 75 said:

What a load of rubbish moving this thread. But we have to suffer continuous rubbish about covid discussions  . That isn’t moved for weeks and weeks. 

Refreshing to hear NP thoughts on the ref. But we can only include in the QPR game 

The match day threads are moved into this section in respect of the late Havanatopia. 

It was moved because the last post was last Saturday, someone added to it about the referee, then as usual rather than continue the same thread someone else started discussing the same referee comments somewhere else. 

As always as a discussion was always in place the threads were simply merged 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Do you really have to moan about everything? 

The match day threads are moved into this section in respect of the late Havanatopia. 

It was moved because the last post was last Saturday, someone added to it about the referee, then as usual rather than continue the same thread someone else started discussing the same referee comments somewhere else. 

As always as a discussion was always in place the threads were simply merged 

I’m fully aware of the match day threads being moved. Just thought the new thread gave us a different view about NP. As for moaning about everything as you put it I will take that on board. Cheers 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 1