IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

Very disappointed by the result. We deserved at least a point. However, lots of positives.

The sort of energetic performance lots of us have been looking for.

5 academy products  in the first 11.

Another excellent display by Scott.

Vyner and Kalas looked a good pairing

4-3-3 gave us good shape going both ways.

Semenyo looked a handful again.

Another encouraging performance by O’Dowda

If this is the blueprint going forward with us gradually improving the squad then I’m happy with that.

• Like 15
1 minute ago, HappyClapper said:

Very disappointed by the result. We deserved at least a point. However, lots of positives.

The sort of energetic performance lots of us have been looking for.

5 academy products  in the first 11.

Another excellent display by Scott.

Vyner and Kalas looked a good pairing

4-3-3 gave us good shape going both ways.

Semenyo looked a handful again.

Another encouraging performance by O’Dowda

If this is the blueprint going forward with us gradually improving the squad then I’m happy with that.

This is it. We have until recently been surviving with a weirdly cobbled together 11, with no sense of plan or structure. We now have a young, dynamic team emerging - and playing pretty well. Give us 2 good signings to bring them along, and hope that Benarous is all we dream of, and we're looking good.

• Like 3
Just now, Numero Uno said:

I would say don’t support them then but judging by recent posts you bought a season ticket and never go down and support do you?

I did renew yes but you’re right, I don’t bother anymore. I did watch the game on tv tonight as there was little else on,  but got no interest in wasting my time going down there these days. 

Judging by the empty seats tonight, I think there are many more like me to 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

I did renew yes but you’re right, I don’t bother anymore. I did watch the game on tv tonight as there was little else on,  but got no interest in wasting my time going down there these days. 

I can guarantee the majority on here bawling their eyes out tonight are no different than you.

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

And lost. Some people might take comfort in a performance, but that doesn’t always win games. There are no bonus points for a spirited showing

I, for one, certainly take comfort from a good performance and, as I said earlier, I thought we played well this evening; in fact, very well indeed in the first half - not bad in the second half, either, when we went down to ten men.

You are correct, of course, that a performance doesn't win games, and, as you state quite correctly, a spirited showing doesn't win bonus points. 

Nevertheless, in a season where we appear to be threatening neither promotion nor relegation, I would prefer to watch a performance like tonight (where we gained no points) than a boring, turgid 0-0 draw.

I hope you enjoy the rest or the season.

• Like 3
Just now, Numero Uno said:

I can guarantee the majority on here bawling their eyes out tonight are no different than you.

Hardly bawling our eyes out. Just not making excuses like 90% of the people on here who are blaming the ref or knocking one out because the players ran around a lot 

The cold hard facts are is when it mattered, we made the same costly errors we’ve been making all season. 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Hardly bawling our eyes out. Just not making excuses like 90% of the people on here who are blaming the ref or knocking one out because the players ran around a lot 

The cold hard facts are is when it mattered, we made the same costly errors we’ve been making all season. 

The facts are we lost to a top team, that for most of it, looked shite as we outplayed them. If you bothered to go you’d see a improvement in the way we played.  The best we looked for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Can you do the same with OTIB too please?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
Just now, Bodiesaffer said:

The facts are we lost to a top team, that for most of it, looked shite as we outplayed them. If you bothered to go you’d see a improvement in the way we played.  The best we looked for a long time. 

You do realise the game I watched on tv was the same one you all watched right?

You don’t need to ‘be there’

A predictable outcome. Ref not great, but Andy King must have taken leave of his senses for that second yellow, really poor from an experienced pro. Not a bad performance overall, and battled really hard with 10 - can’t fault the lads for effort. 11v11, second half QPR would have been there for the taking (or as much as any team can be ‘for the taking’ when having the fortune to play us).

On another note, Max scares the poop out of me when attempting to come for crosses/corners. 

I'm surprised Adomah is not getting a shed load of abuse.

Grade A ****  in my book.

He should have thrown the ball back to us, as is the accepted and expected restart when the ball is put it out for an injured player. (When Semenyo was injured.)

But no, he throws it down the line to a QPR team-mate, setting up the play which led to the corner and their goal.

• Like 1

Disappointed 100%, however this game first half especially we played well. That ref had an absolute shocker. It's amazing how many times we get kicked back down by this kind of thing. I hope we keep similar play style Sunday. Tonight looked like a team of people who give a s*** and will fight even when the luck isn't in our corner. More performances like today and we will do okay(minus the senseless red)

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The club is beyond embarrassing these days sadly 

Personally quite enjoyed tonight, thought we played well with shape and identity, great to see Semenyo up front and Scott in the centre, was right behind pen and thought it was straight away, stupid sending off...overall still treading water above drop line and I'm expecting a battle as it stays that way till May.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

We play like that going forward and we will be more than ok. 

Sorry but we've played quite a few home games like that and ended up losing. A good opening 20 minutes without taking chances. Followed by losing control of the match and conceding late goals. 

The ref was hopelessly biased, we should've had a penalty and King was a prize turnip for getting a red. However even though there seem to be excuses it doesn't change the fact that there is a pattern there. Keep losing games to late goals and we won't necessarily be safe. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm surprised Adomah is not getting a shed load of abuse.

Grade A ****  in my book.

He should have thrown the ball back to us, as is the accepted and expected restart when the ball is put it out for an injured player. (When Semenyo was injured.)

But no, he throws it down the line to a QPR team-mate, setting up the play which led to the corner and their goal.

^^^
This 100% - even the ******* ref told him to give the ball back …

• Like 1