IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

42 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm surprised Adomah is not getting a shed load of abuse.

Grade A ****  in my book.

He should have thrown the ball back to us, as is the accepted and expected restart when the ball is put it out for an injured player. (When Semenyo was injured.)

But no, he throws it down the line to a QPR team-mate, setting up the play which led to the corner and their goal.

Genuinely don't think you put the ball out for a throw in, it was a misplaced pass that went out.

Ordinarily, I'd agree that yes, he should have returned the ball but on this occasion, don't think Adomah's done anything wrong.

Awful ref mind. 

• Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Genuinely don't think you put the ball out for a throw in, it was a misplaced pass that went out.

Ordinarily, I'd agree that yes, he should have returned the ball but on this occasion, don't think Adomah's done anything wrong.

Awful ref mind. 

Nah. We definitely knocked it out of play when Semenyo went down holding his leg.

Our misplaced passes go to the opposition, not into touch.?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Nah. We definitely knocked it out of play when Semenyo went down holding his leg.

Our misplaced passes go to the opposition, not into touch.?

That's fair enough, I've since been told that James knocked it out then pointed to Semenyo down needing treatment. 

The only thing I can think of is that after Semenyo limps off & Wells comes on (and the time taken to do that!), Adomah simply forgot that he was meant to throw it back. Sounds like I'm making excuses for the guy but doesn't sound like something Adomah would do tbh.

Edited by Hamdon Mart
5 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

That's fair enough, I've since been told that James knocked it out then pointed to Semenyo down needing treatment. 

The only thing I can think of is that after Semenyo limps off & Wells comes on (and the time taken to do that!), Adomah simply forgot that he was meant to throw it back. Sounds like I'm making excuses for the guy but doesn't sound like something Adomah would do tbh.

Nah - I was sat right near Albert & he knew exactly what he was doing. He was told to throw it back to us & chose not to.

• Like 1
Just now, Hamdon Mart said:

The only thing I can think of is that after Semenyo limps off & Wells comes on, Adomah simply forgot that he was meant to throw it back. Sounds like I'm making excuses for the guy but doesn't sound like something Adomah would do tbh.

It was infront of us in the Dolman. Albert seemed, at first, trying to get a teammate to accept the ball from the throw in, who would then knock it back to us. No QPR players seemed interested, so he appeared to give up and throw it down the line setting up an attack.

The eventual result of which was their second goal.

Surprised and disappointed that he didn't just throw it to a City player.

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

So what is the name of that C*** who was officiating tonight and do we have history with him?

Interesting how many fans and pundits bemoan the fact that referees do not have any experience as a professional  player. The ref tonight was Andy Davies the only EFL ref to have played professional football (Yeovil, Gillingham, Portsmouth)A point Nigel was quick to make tonight in his after match comments and his incredulity at some of the decisions made (or not made) tonight .

Edited by E.G.Red
1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

Interesting how many fans and pundits bemoan the fact that referees do not to have any experience as a professional  player. The ref tonight was Andy Davies the only EFL ref to have played professional football (Yeovil, Gillingham, Portsmouth)A point Nigel was quick to make tonight in his after match comments and his incredulity at some of the decisions made (or not made) tonight .

I'll be honest, I've been a Yeovil fan since 1972 and I can't remember the guy. He can't have been with us for too long. 

11 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

It was infront of us in the Dolman. Albert seemed, at first, trying to get a teammate to accept the ball from the throw in, who would then knock it back to us. No QPR players seemed interested, so he appeared to give up and throw it down the line setting up an attack.

The eventual result of which was their second goal.

Surprised and disappointed that he didn't just throw it to a City player.

Pretty much as I saw it, although thought at the time Albert had given up and decided just to throw it down the pitch to us anyway. Was more surprised to see their player then go for it, although given the delay that player may have just forgotten they were giving the ball back. An odd one, as the ref did seem to indicate ‘give it to City please’. When it goes against you it goes against you.

Edited by cityexile
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Pretty much as I saw it, although thought at the time Albert had given up and decided just to throw it down the pitch to us anyway. Was more surprised to see their player then go for it, although given the delay that player may have just forgotten they were giving the ball back. An odd one, as the ref did seem to indicate ‘give it to City please’. When it goes against you it goes against you.

Seems a clear lesson that

1. In future when our player is injured and needs attention, put it into touch as far up the pitch as possible, and

2. When we are supposed to return the ball to the opposition, don't. Instead launch a goal scoring attack.

?

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm surprised Adomah is not getting a shed load of abuse.

Grade A ****  in my book.

He should have thrown the ball back to us, as is the accepted and expected restart when the ball is put it out for an injured player. (When Semenyo was injured.)

But no, he throws it down the line to a QPR team-mate, setting up the play which led to the corner and their goal.

To be fair I think he wanted to throw it back to us but his team mates, mainly Austin, were telling him not to. He didn’t look comfortable not giving it back to us. 

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

To be fair I think he wanted to throw it back to us but his team mates, mainly Austin, were telling him not to. He didn’t look comfortable not giving it back to us. 

Not quite sure of the rules, but if the ref says ‘give it back’ and you very clearly don’t, presumably if he wants he could have blown? All in all leaves a sour taste.

• Like 2

It still doesn’t get any easier conceding like that does it? You would of thought by now as it happens so often it would be water off a ducks back….but no, that horrible sinking feeling remains.

Where to start with that tonight? A bold team selection by NP which for me resulted in our most complete performance over 90mins this season but we yet again fail to get over the line. However what I will say after witnessing what again is becoming all too familiar is that there were more positives. I thought Semenyo was exceptional. What a performance but also what a difference his inclusion to the team brings. If we can get him scoring we will have some player on our hands. He proved he can easily lead the line, hold it up, link the play, run at players and run the channels. Alex Scott was another real positive and I think showed glimpses as to why he’s destined for the very top. It was a good team performance with good football played but we lacked that cutting edge, which contributed to our downfall.

After saying there were more positives I don’t want to dwell on the negatives too much, but I can’t ignore them either. Our game management and decision making really leaves a lot to be desired though. We need to start making our own luck. Yes the ref was absolutely abysmal tonight but we don’t help ourselves. I like Pring and he will learn I’m sure but don’t give the ref a decision to make for goodness sake. To me it was a penalty but there was no need to make that challenge. No need at all. 

Some of our most senior pros let us down big time with amateur errors tonight. King being the obvious one and I don’t even need to elaborate on that but also Weimann literally stopping to appeal for a decision, when he could of just kept the ball and seen the game out to take a point. Why stop? Surely play to the whistle? Is that not what we were all taught as kids? For me that was criminal. Yes we need to defend the corner better but it was totally avoidable in the first place and beyond frustrating. It’s not just hard luck anymore. There has to be accountability. 

Anyway, regardless of the result tonight we didn’t look like a relegation threatened team. Our movement was so much better and we had far more pace and mobility in the team than recent weeks. We controlled the game for large spells but we need to become more ruthless. I think add a fit Joe Williams into that team and we have a really good balance and more performances like that to look forward to but with the result as well. What we saw tonight was a bit more reflective of an NP side. Still lots of work to be done of course but certainly some green shoots starting to show.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
3 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

It still doesn’t get any easier conceding like that does it? You would of thought by now as it happens so often it would be water off a ducks back….but no, that horrible sinking feeling remains.

Where to start with that tonight? A bold team selection by NP which for me resulted in our most complete performance over 90mins this season but we yet again fail to get over the line. However what I will say after witnessing what again is becoming all too familiar is that there were more positives. I thought Semenyo was exceptional. What a performance but also what a difference his inclusion to the team brings. If we can get him scoring we will have some player on our hands. He proved he can easily lead the line, hold it up, link the play, run at players and run the channels. Alex Scott was another real positive and I think showed glimpses as to why he’s destined for the very top. It was a good team performance with good football played but we lacked that cutting edge, which contributed to our downfall.

After saying there were more positives I don’t want to dwell on the negatives too much, but I can’t ignore them either. Our game management and decision making really leaves a lot to be desired though. We need to start making our own luck. Yes the ref was absolutely abysmal tonight but we don’t help ourselves. I like Pring and he will learn I’m sure but don’t give the ref a decision to make for goodness sake. To me it was a penalty but there was no need to make that challenge. No need at all. 

Some of our most senior pros let us down big time with amateur errors tonight. King being the obvious one and I don’t even need to elaborate on that but also Weimann literally stopping to appeal for a decision, when he could of just kept the ball and seen the game out to take a point. Why stop? Surely play to the whistle? Is that not what we were all taught as kids? For me that was criminal. Yes we need to defend the corner better but it was totally avoidable in the first place and beyond frustrating. It’s not just hard luck anymore. There has to be accountability. 

Anyway, regardless of the result tonight we didn’t look like a relegation threatened team. Our movement was so much better and we had far more pace and mobility in the team than recent weeks. We controlled the game for large spells but we need to become more ruthless. I think add a fit Joe Williams into that team and we have a really good balance and more performances like that to look forward to but with the result as well. What we saw tonight was a bit more reflective of an NP side. Still lots of work to be done of course but certainly some green shoots starting to show.

Excellent post, I agree with every word.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I thought Andi should’ve been taken off about 10-20 minutes before, mainly because he was getting so irate. I thought he was going to get sent off like King, or just lose concentration

9 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Good effort by us, poor refereeing and the sending off cost us the match, and Tanner injury did not help. I know it will upset a lot of you. But either sell him or loan him out to a lower league team and hopefully he will learn how to hit the back of the net. I am talking about Antoine Semenyo. Max to keep his position.  If we lose to Millwall then a number of that squad tonight will be gone in January.

Who’s going to buy them? There won’t be a number leaving in Jan IMO

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Andy King must have forgot he was booked and then remembered when he finally let go of their player.

If only Pearson had brought him off before that as he was looking so off the pace and already on a yellow. It went back to him from James as most of our players were up the pitch and King decided to take a touch, a very bad touch, and then he was ridiculously slow in trying to get to the ball. 

The weird thing was King was walking off the pitch before the ref even gave him the 2nd yellow. I am not saying the ref would not have given him that 2nd yellow but there were other times in the 2nd half where the ref did not book players who fouled on the break.

James and Semenyo made clear yellow card fouls but got away with it. Their centre back Dunne did a yellow card foul and was already on a yellow but the ref did not give him a 2nd yellow.

King didnt even make the ref think about it by deciding to put his hand up to apologise to everyone and walk off even before a 2nd yellow was given!

The first yellow was for dissent ffs. What a nightmare all round from him.

Ref was an absolute disgrace. I would be surprised if he isn't a disgrace most games, as it looks like he doesnt know what he's doing.

Atkinson dodgy imo. Looks like he needs to get his confidence back.

Otherwise a good performance from most other City players tonight.

Wells on at the end surprised me. Might not have made any difference in how we defended that corner, but who knows with Chris Martin on and back there defending. Would that have meant Atkinson goes with Barbet I wonder.

Fantastic ball in to be fair.

Feels like Pearson’s taking the piss out of Wells bringing him on at 91 minutes. Absolutely pointless

8 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not quite sure of the rules, but if the ref says ‘give it back’ and you very clearly don’t, presumably if he wants he could have blown? All in all leaves a sour taste.

There’s no rule that you have to give it back

In fact isn’t the latest “directive” to play to the whistle? The ref will stop the game if the injury is serious, so we shouldn’t have put it out if you want to go by “rules”

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

There’s no rule that you have to give it back

In fact isn’t the latest “directive” to play to the whistle? The ref will stop the game if the injury is serious, so we shouldn’t have put it out if you want to go by “rules”

I would like to see us get a bit more nasty tbh. After last night let the referee make the decisions and bollocks to all this unwritten protocol and giving the ball back. You certainly don't see Liverpool or Man City observing protocols that aren't written in the rules. And if we do put the ball out there needs to be thought about WHERE we kick the bloody thing.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought Andi should’ve been taken off about 10-20 minutes before, mainly because he was getting so irate. I thought he was going to get sent off like King, or just lose concentration

I thought the same. I really like him but he has a tendancy to be in the Refs ear a lot and I thought last night he lost it a bit more than usual. The Ref was never going to listen to him, he hadn't all match so why did he think he would in the 90th minute. Play to the whistle as others have said. Andi was previously smashing the ground in frustration, and at one point sprawled out having a temper tantrum. I like passion but he needs to channel it correctly

• Like 2