IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match day thread

Just now, Wiltshire robin said:

Exactly I really hope we win but for example

max O’Leary- not championship standard and only rated because he’s local and from the academy.

vyner- awful defender who will probably end up with more assists against us than for us.

andy king - old enough he’ll be shitting the bed soon

semenyo- would struggle to score if you made the goal ten foot wider

I just dont feel the team line up is that bad- if they're up for it then they can win this but I do understand why people are mystified. Again.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

max O’Leary- not championship standard and only rated because he’s local and from the academy.

vyner- awful defender who will probably end up with more assists against us than for us.

Semenyo at least offers us something direct, with a bit of pace & power. 

He's raw & probably doesn't have a clue what he's about to do next, which is probably why he fits well into Nige's (lack of) game plan...! 

Chuck him in & hope he manages to do something.... Literally..! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

You might be right, but I don’t think we’ve seen enough of him yet to say whether he’s Marinovic or Buffon.

sat and thought for an age about a response to this and I just can’t find one.

But on his day can be class - esp with James alongside him.

But he makes us look so much more dangerous. I’d rather he be in the team!

• Like 1

If 5-3-2 I quite like it. Reasonable for Bentley to be dropped given recent form, albeit not convinced O’Leary is standard, but fair to have a chance. Agree Vyner a worry, but Atkinson doesn’t seem right post injury and assume Cundy either not ready or not showing up well enough in training. Experience in midfield, decent width, pace up front and Scott for some flair. Other than Williams, not many I’d bring in ahead of this team. We’ll probably get spanked by seven, hey ho. 

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

No, they’re just dropped. Pearson pretty much confirmed this, no injury or sickness. They probably wouldn’t be on the bench if they were sick

100% agree - We've been inept at times over the last three years but I think it would be unlikely even for us to put sick players next to each ther on the bench in current times.

Edited by cityal
32 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Seems as though some on this thread are suggesting we will be selling some of our players in Jan to help balance books- Bentley, massengo from what I can see

Lot of cobblers being talked, as usual. It's one thing to suggest, on the basis of the financial news, that we won't be signing anyone; it's quite another to suggest a fire sale. I'll buy the first proposition, but not the second.

29 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Give him a run of games in a team that actually has a game plan, plays through the lines, gets into positions to produce cut backs into the penalty area, delivers the ball into the "second" six yard box more than once a game and he will/has score(d) plenty of goals at this level.

Put me in a team like that and i would probably score. Not many pure out and out goalscorers around these days, you need alot more to be considered a good player

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

Lot of cobblers being talked, as usual. It's one thing to suggest, on the basis of the financial news, that we won't be signing anyone; it's quite another to suggest a fire sale. I'll buy the first proposition, but not the second.

Particularly a fire sale that requires buyers and presumably buyers willing to offer the players a reason to exit their pre Covid contracts with us. Not entirely clear who would want to pick up those missing tonight for a wage that the player would accept. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Particularly a fire sale that requires buyers and presumably buyers willing to offer the players a reason to exit their pre Covid contracts with us. Not entirely clear who would want to pick up those missing tonight for a wage that the player would accept. 

Precisely.

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Fairly excited to see pring and COD play together - provided recent COD turns up, not normal COD. 

James and King looks good and Weimann and Semenyo is exciting too. 

It’s just Vyner. His name gives me the shivers. 

Especially against Austin.

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

He has history of actually doing it though.

and no you wouldn't

Of course he has. But i think you can’t just be that tap in merchant/fox in the box type these days. He is too limited in football ability elsewhere to be effective without 9 other players putting in more effort to make up for what he lacks.