IGNORED

Happier at full time than I have been for months

Unan

Couldn't agree more. I dread coming on here at full time after a performance like that to hear all the doom mongers slagging of individuals or labelling 'happy clappers'.

Well done lads. Superb effort.

Ref was shocking tonight and, whether intentional or not (not, let's face it) he had a massive influence on the score.

Bizarrely, after a defeat, I'm feeling pretty good. AND.....it was entertaining!

• Like 19

We played better with 10 men than we have for most of the season. Scott in a more advanced role looked very good, Semenyo while isolated used his strength to hold up the ball on a number of occasions although didn't particularly threaten the goal, O'Dowda was excellent bar a few misplaced crosses, Kalas my MoM though.

• Like 1

So when we finally won at home v Barnsley, I came out of the ground celebrating like we'd won the Cup. By the time I got to the car, I just thought we were just incredibly lucky.

Tonight , the team played like they meant it and that's something new. Bad result (again) but serious reason for optimism. Cardiff 0-3 helps as well.

• Like 1

30th December... 

1970....I was Born

2017....we lost to Wolves and its gone wrong ever since

2021...best spirited performance (under Nige) against QPR with 10 men 

I'm in Cornwall celebrating my 51st and watched the stream tonight. No complaints. It's time to kick on... 

ALWAYS BELIEVE... 

• Robin 1

Watched the first half, thought it was the best if not one of the best halves we’ve played this season.

Tried to screen record the second half on iPad….it didn’t work properly (only recorded from 77 mins???)….and now see the result, when they scored, and King two yellows.

I was gonna post at h-t how well King had played, made a real different playing out from the back, and allowed James to press.  O’Dowda good too, picking another play out, but we’re good performances all over in a 4231.

I was also gonna post how the ***** of a ref could give their penalty and not the one on Scott.

It seems we played well with 10-men too.

Gutted.

• Like 1

It was so much better without slow coach Martin, really hope we have seen the last of him in the starting 11 .

My only gripe (aside from the ref), is NP should have bought Wells on for either Weimann or Semenyo with about 20 mins to go when we were still in with a real chance of winning it. 

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

It was so much better without slow coach Martin, really hope we have seen the last of him in the starting 11 .

My only gripe (aside from the ref), is NP should have bought Wells on for either Weimann or Semenyo with about 20 mins to go when we were still in with a real chance of winning it. 

Yes, said the same. Felt we needed fresh legs, especially with AW, as he was getting too wound up. Could’ve brought on HNM for Semenyo in injury time

27 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Just reading a biography of Alex Ferguson and he would bring on 2 new strikers in the 78th minute more often than not when needing a goal, apparently the stats are there to prove it, if only we had another 2 decent strikers to bring on!

• Like 1

I wonder if the nature of the league this year might work in our favour in the long run. In a different season the pressure of looking down at relegation might cause the board to panic in January and spend to buy enough points to ensure survival. Personally I would like to see the current group continue to develop through the rest of the season. The progress of some of the youngsters this season has been impressive. Would be good to see how they go through the second half and then take a sensible look at the squad in the summer.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, said the same. Felt we needed fresh legs, especially with AW, as he was getting too wound up. Could’ve brought on HNM for Semenyo in injury time

Agree about Weimann. I rate him but I've noticed quite a few times this season he seems to be losing his head, far more than he was in the past.

There was one point second half where he was flat on the ground just lying there incredulously while the game went on around him. Get up and play!

Same thing with constantly following the ref around and shouting at him - I understand there's a degree of gamesmanship but he's taking it too far currently in my opinion, and just looks out of control.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Agree about Weimann. I rate him but I've noticed quite a few times this season he seems to be losing his head, far more than he was in the past.

There was one point second half where he was flat on the ground just lying there incredulously while the game went on around him. Get up and play!

Same thing with constantly following the ref around and shouting at him - I understand there's a degree of gamesmanship but he's taking it too far currently in my opinion, and just looks out of control.

Good point, they break to get the corner for their winner with Weimann standing still arms in the air claiming (rightly) a handball, if he played to the whistle they might not have broken and got the corner.