IGNORED

Character

real_bristol

Just now, real_bristol said:

I’ve not seen us play with that kind of passion and desire for a long, long time. Credit must go to the coaching for that. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be ok. QPR deserved nothing, my only criticism would be defending on the corner that led to the winner. But it was blatant hand-ball in the play that led up to it. To play like we did with 10 men, against 12, I’m not disappointed and will not go into melt down. Players can hold their head high and go again. We’ve had a glimpse of what we can do without Martin and I like it. 

My only concern is that we are running out of games that we can just write-off. But that shouldn’t over-shadow today’s performance, in which players gave it all. That’s all we ask for. 

Up the ****ing City.

Credit goes to the coaching for passion and desire????

That is something that should be a given! 

How about credit to the coaching staff for our players once again failing to defend a corner?

• Like 1

Just now, Andy082005 said:

How about credit to the coaching staff for our players once again failing to defend a corner?

Should be. But hasn't been for a very very long time.

Andy in negative post shock horror.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Christ Andy! I would ask if you’re a glass half full or half empty kinda guy but your respond would probably be “who cares? I’ll probably spill it anyway!”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

I’ve not seen us play with that kind of passion and desire for a long, long time. Credit must go to the coaching for that. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be ok. QPR deserved nothing, my only criticism would be defending on the corner that led to the winner. But it was blatant hand-ball in the play that led up to it. To play like we did with 10 men, against 12, I’m not disappointed and will not go into melt down. Players can hold their head high and go again. We’ve had a glimpse of what we can do without Martin and I like it. 

My only concern is that we are running out of games that we can just write-off. But that shouldn’t over-shadow today’s performance, in which players gave it all. That’s all we ask for. 

Up the ****ing City.

Never a handball.  It struck his elbow, from behind, and it was in a perfectly natural position.  I'd have gone mad if that had been given against us.  Weimann completely stopping to appeal rather than hacking it clear was frankly astounding.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Christ Andy! I would ask if you’re a glass half full or half empty kinda guy but your respond would probably be “who cares? I’ll probably spill it anyway!”  

Andy come on, give us something positive! If you can I’ll know there is hope somewhere. Did you enjoy our goal? 

A fellow red ?

15 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Up the ****ing City.

What, for finally inspiring a passionate performance after almost a year in charge?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I do like Scott. He’s going to grow into a fantastic player and the one positive of this season 

Positive on the balance sheet……. 

No matter what character is displayed, missed chances and once again, the capitulation at the end have soured what started as a night of hope.

2 minutes ago, 1team said:

We were undone by a terrible ref. Thought we played pretty well. No way we go down. Feeling optimistic. 

Totally agree, ref was a real shocker, like to add though that I know he's a youngster, but I do wish Pring would play more with his head than heart at times, total brain fart putting that challenge in for the penalty and a few other wild slashes at the ball at times. Composure will come with more experience I'm sure. 

Overall though that performance was much improved I thought. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Up the ****ing City.

But we still lost after taking the lead at home however you dress it up. 

35 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Up the ****ing City.

Bang on QPR deserved nothing. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You really really really don’t get it do you.  Suggest you dont bother coming for a couple of seasons as I t’s going to get rough at times but if we show that fight and passion we showed tonight we’ll be fine and it’ll be something to build on - something contrary to your post we haven’t had for a long time.  Most people can see that.  Team were ******* brilliant tonight with 10 men but still people moan and groan. As the OP said, Up the ******* City!  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Never a handball.  It struck his elbow, from behind, and it was in a perfectly natural position.  I'd have gone mad if that had been given against us.  Weimann completely stopping to appeal rather than hacking it clear was frankly astounding.

I am glad I’m not the only one that noticed that. For me Weimann doing that was almost as amateur as King getting sent off. You are taught to play to the whistle in primary school for ***** sake. He had the ball, we either keep it or hit the channels and we can regroup to see the game out.

Really poor from him and if I was NP I would be giving him both barrels.

49 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Weimann completely stopping to appeal rather than hacking it clear was frankly astounding.

After 90 minutes, with the ref not giving decisions “our way” and Weimann already booked for arguing with the ref? Play to the whistle ffs. Don’t stand there with your arms in the air crying for a free kick. Clear the ball then remonstrate. 

Might be tired after running around all game but once again it is a lack of concentration / application at a key point that has let us down. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Totally agree, ref was a real shocker, like to add though that I know he's a youngster, but I do wish Pring would play more with his head than heart at times, total brain fart putting that challenge in for the penalty and a few other wild slashes at the ball at times. Composure will come with more experience I'm sure. 

Overall though that performance was much improved I thought. 

I like how he carries the ball forward at pace, adds a lot of energy to our attacks and often creates space for others, as defences panic a bit and too many get drawn towards him. Plus not something that many others seem comfortable with. And generally plays decent/sensible balls in the final 3rd as well. Doesn’t always work out, but adds some intensity. Agree that defensively he can be a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut at times, but overall one of the positives this season for me. 

Sod the ref. Sod the result. That was the most enthusiastic and thoroughly deserved post match applause for the team I can remember in 3 years. And fully deserved. Every single one of them.

This was our Waterloo, our Rorke's Drift. Finally. Ok, with a different outcome, but plenty of VC's issued.

Proud to stick with this team afterall.

Might wear my City PJ'S to bed tonight.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Mental how we all just accept mediocrity. The football down AG has been shocking for years now. 

Yeah I agree, but this wasn't one of them. If people can't see that was a massive step up from what we have been used to, then I really do wonder if we've been observing the same game!!

People moaning that we've conceded a late goal again. Yes its f****** frustrating, but it wasn't anything like the panic stations we'd be used to with wave after wave of attacks due to us sitting so deep and camping out on the edge of our penalty box, hoofing it anywhere like a hot potato!!!! We had ten men FFS and didn't look overly threatened.

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

First goal we’ve conceded from a corner all season Andy (unless you count O’Hare’s for Coventry)!!

It is an area we’ve massively improved this season.

I have T watched second half, but with 10 men, did we still string 4 along the 6 yard box to defend them (Chris Martin not there either!)

• Like 1