IGNORED

Austin

The turtle

I really don't mind players giving it back, getting involved with fans. It's all part of the game as far as I'm concerned. That's not the point of this post. 

My question is why? I've never seen a player respond like that before for no apparent reason? 

Was it from a previous game? Did I miss something in today's game? Any clues as to why he reacted like that? 

To me it just didn't make any sense. Normally it's a bit of back and forth, can't think of a time where I've seen a player act to that level just because. 

Did I miss something? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

It’s part of the game. Just got to take it as banter. Im sure a lot of us in that situation would do that. It’s obviously had the effect he wanted 

Would we? Really? It wasn't like he scored a 30 yarder,  it was a penalty ffs. 

He actually continued to goad the fans whilst he was at the centre circle, right under the refs nose. Yet, still not a yellow! Ridiculous.

• Like 6

• Admin
6 minutes ago, The turtle said:

I really don't mind players giving it back, getting involved with fans. It's all part of the game as far as I'm concerned. That's not the point of this post. 

My question is why? I've never seen a player respond like that before for no apparent reason? 

Was it from a previous game? Did I miss something in today's game? Any clues as to why he reacted like that? 

To me it just didn't make any sense. Normally it's a bit of back and forth, can't think of a time where I've seen a player act to that level just because. 

Did I miss something? 

He's a bit like Billy Sharp in that he would always go OTT with his celebrating in front of City fans, but agreed there seemed more anger than normal tonight. 

Fortunately the two bottles chucked in his direction didn't get close to him 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

After we booed him before the pen I thought 'fair play to him' when he celebrated in front of S82. Thought he embarrassed himself when he continued to goad fans when he was lining up for kick off again.

Exactly.  Players and fans should both be able to give it and take it.  Love a bit of passion in the game but seems so many get offended by it. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

After we booed him before the pen I thought 'fair play to him' when he celebrated in front of S82. Thought he embarrassed himself when he continued to goad fans when he was lining up for kick off again.

And going down the tunnel at half time. And coming back out for the second half. It was a little bizarre. He hardly touched the ball the whole game!

• Like 3

He’s a complete, utter arse. Recklessly unprofessional, dangerously provocative. Should have been red carded. Just wish that for once in the 50 odd years I’ve watched City we had a player or two like this in our squad. Suspect Pearson thinks the same. Happy to endorse the Corinthian spirit in sport- just wish that for once we had a bastard king of the dark arts as one of our own.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ecko said:

Would we? Really? It wasn't like he scored a 30 yarder,  it was a penalty ffs. 

He actually continued to goad the fans whilst he was at the centre circle, right under the refs nose. Yet, still not a yellow! Ridiculous.

He was just ‘conducting’ the crowd circling his finger in the air. What’s the big deal? 

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

In previous years that would be a yellow all day for incitement.

Mind you the idiots that were throwing bottles his way are just pricks.

Yet you get a booking for taking your shirt off!?!?! Mad rules. Mind you, that c?!t ref wasnt about to do anything against his team mates was he!

• Haha 1

I really don’t mind a player giving a bit back when they’ve been getting dog’s abuse during a game. That’s part of the game for me.

But Austin tonight didn’t get any stick at all prior to him scoring, and there was absolutely no need for him to act like that. I found it bizarre. And if that’s not a booking I don’t know what is. Complete ****. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shelts said:

Fair play Austin I thought it was extremely good banter and I presume it was to get him fired up , he wasn’t in the game till that point . He certainly lifted our fans 

Exactly. It works both ways.  You need flash points to get the game and atmosphere going.  Him and the ref gave them in spades and made it a much better atmosphere as a result. Felt like an old school night tonight atmosphere wise.  Just a kick in the balls that we lost (obviously!)  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Exactly. It works both ways.  You need flash points to get the game and atmosphere going.  Him and the ref gave them in spades and made it a much better atmosphere as a result. Felt like an old school night tonight atmosphere wise.  Just a kick in the balls that we lost (obviously!)  

Yes it was old school getting on the refs back , he wasn’t the worst I’ve seen , be nice to see our players react and get the crowd involved 

He only escaped a booking because the *** of a referee was stood on the half way line thinking about what he was going to do for New Year's.

It's normally the referee's job to be over there hurrying them up or to see if anything like that is going on.

Just one of the countless things the bloke got wrong, but hey...

Ian says he was good, so who are we?

Edited by AppyDAZE