IGNORED

Scott Penalty Shout…

Lew-T

Just now, Bernard Lerring said:

Gbh is a silly call if you've ever played amateur football! But that said, if one's a penalty, then the other definitely is.

Gutted for the 10 players that gave it all tonight 

He’s ran across Scott with his elbow to his head. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Thanks for sharing @Lew - T ?

Being in the SS, I was adamant at the time that it was a pen, even from where I was stood - how the lineman & ref don’t see/give our pen is beyond me!

As Nige says….”Park Football” standard of officiating all night ?

Ref no where on the first one, in a good position on the second. Needs his Lino to help him on our one which is a pen. If given he could well have been off.

As for the one conceded, naive challenge really, their player still had defenders in front of him.

Their winner still annoys me. After an injury to our player, we put the ball out, Ref indicates to Albert to give us the ball back from the throw in. He doesn’t, Andi then has a brain fart and it’s another point lost, which for once we deserved.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, redapple said:

Not only was the Scott incident a penalty it was a Red Card ! 

Don't think it can be any more, if the player is making a valid attempt for the ball then it's only a yellow. 

Either way, it's about as clear cut as they get, we had enough chances to get something from the game off our own accord but it never helps when referees miss obvious penalties... 

7 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Dunne was booked in the 22nd minute, fouled Semenyo in the 2nd half when he turned and beat him and was heading to the penalty area. No different to Andy King's foul. Should have been 2nd yellow and off. Penalty could not be clearer.

I didnt even realise he was booked before. Makes it even worse!

10 men surely wouldve been a win. Hold on, i went to Coventry. ??

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lew-T said:

It’s borderline GBH…

I didn't see the incident clearly at the time even though I was in a fairly good position to (see various posts over the years relating to my less than stellar vision, especially for night games). I assumed (making me an ass) that it could have been a bit of a dive by Scott. But by God, that's basically an off the scale nailed on penalty.

• Thanks 1

I believe that the club should make an official complaint about the standard of the referee. Inconsistent and incorrect decisions for similar offences and incidents!

I accept that it will not bring any change in the match result. It could, however, get rid of someone who is clearly not fit for the job - remember this goes back four years involving Bristol City matches as listed in the post by Olé, and save other clubs from his useless and clearly biased refereeing.

And I say again. Is he just useless or is he accepting financial inducements?

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 2

Had to laugh at the Arsenal fans today, the absolute rage at the ref after an almost identical set of circumstances in their game today.

The ref from that game will get absolutely hammered for his performance now and probably reprimanded, I doubt the same consequences will meet our friend from the other night

48 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Had to laugh at the Arsenal fans today, the absolute rage at the ref after an almost identical set of circumstances in their game today.

The ref from that game will get absolutely hammered for his performance now and probably reprimanded, I doubt the same consequences will meet our friend from the other night

No friend of ours ….he was an absolute *** 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

i thought that as well! my sister always used to follow arsenal so i follow them and it was almost a carbon copy!!!

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Ok, maybe not a red card, but he comes in like a nutcase leading with the arm.

He doesn't make a serious attempt to play the ball, so technically I guess the question of sending off could be asked, but I doubt it would ever happen. Reckless, definite Pen , as you will see if the bloody link works. 

Just to highlight how much I know or see during the 90. I thought their Pen was harsh, and Scott may have gone down easily. Watching footage, I'd say ours was a worse challenge.  Made my New Years Eve interesting, Brother-in-Law and a mate are both Rangers. Even went to change and put shirts on for a photo. Nice to see the City sticker I put in his toilet is still there.

https://twitter.com/QuestTV/status/1476692433564020741?s=20