IGNORED

HNY - Reasons to be cheerful..

PFree

Come on then all, there’s too much negativity around, so post a response that adds some positivity...?!

For me, we have turned a corner and performances have got much better lately..

Its great to see the kids coming through and playing so well, they certainly don’t look out of place..

We have cleared a number of high earning pro’s from our books and hopefully a couple more will go soon..

I remain confident we will not be relegated..

We have a very stable, experienced Manager at the helm, who for me in due course will deliver ongoing improvements on a much more solid base than the last few we have had..

With the HP centre and our great stadium, we are ready for the Premiership, and let’s hope it’s one day soon?

We have SL, and therefore have strong financial stability - some just need to be careful what they wish for here!

Finally, after some tough times over recent seasons, we have hope, and hopefully many of us still believe!

HNY fellow reds, and here’s to a better year in 2022..

Cheers..!

• Like 12
  • Robin 5

We aren't getting relegated

Nige appears to have made a good recovery

Our youngsters

Our fans still turning up through the bad times, we are one of the biggest fanbases in the Champ these days and that can only be good

Without Ashton wasting all money

We arent Ipswich 

We arent Bristol Rovers

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PFree said:

Come on then all, there’s too much negativity around, so post a response that adds some positivity...?!

For me, we have turned a corner and performances have got much better lately..

Its great to see the kids coming through and playing so well, they certainly don’t look out of place..

We have cleared a number of high earning pro’s from our books and hopefully a couple more will go soon..

I remain confident we will not be relegated..

We have a very stable, experienced Manager at the helm, who for me in due course will deliver ongoing improvements on a much more solid base than the last few we have had..

With the HP centre and our great stadium, we are ready for the Premiership, and let’s hope it’s one day soon?

We have SL, and therefore have strong financial stability - some just need to be careful what they wish for here!

Finally, after some tough times over recent seasons, we have hope, and hopefully many of us still believe!

HNY fellow reds, and here’s to a better year in 2022..

Cheers..!

Remember kids, say NO to drugs.

• Haha 1

I think the chance for a bit of a reset is a good thing. 

As supporters we loved that 14/15 side largely made of young English players with scope to improve.

Even before it started to stagnate I think lots of fans were uneasy with us splashing 6 and 7 figure sums on calculated gambles and paying numerous players £20k+ per week who clearly didn’t deserve it.

Obviously to keep up with the PP teams we will need to spend occasionally - but being frugal and scouting cleverly doesn’t always mean worse. We’ve seen teams like Preston, Brentford and recently Blackburn achieve more than us with good scouting, a solid system and astute management. 

Add to that a few really promising young players - namely Scott, HNM and Benarous.

I think we will stay up this season and things will start to look better soon.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Good Golly Miss Molly and Boats…

On the 1,2,3…

1. Scott. I don’t think we realise how good he is. He’s 18, will end the season in the England set up with a minimum 5 goals and 5 assists and c40 games. I’m sticking my neck out - those numbers, those stats, at that age, at that level, in a lower half championship team will glean prem interest. I’m not talking Josh to Burnley, or Webster to Brighton. I’m talking Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs. To those teams, £20m+ on a player like that with the growth level is nothing. I’m cheerful because he’s here, but I’m equally cheerful because he could wipe out any accounting deficits at a stroke. He’s that good.

2.Semenyo. Last night, one name came into my mind - Bobby Reid. Antoine, since coming back in, seems a different player. He’s pace. He’s power. He’s hard running. He’s gone up a level. All he needs is the finishing, and I think that’s in him.

3. I understand that Ian Gay has lost his voice. Hopefully it only lasts for 2-3 years

….Jump back in the alley and nanny goats..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

And even if we do get relegated, other than the Division 1 years with AD, promotion years from third tier have been the best years I’ve had supporting City, 89/90 in particular other than 2nd May 90 and 2014/15 was pretty good as well. Wouldn’t see it as a disaster. But don’t think we will get relegated. 

A Happy New Year to all OTIBers , we have 1 hour to go here and then the President will be on ETV making his speech, I just wish I could understand him, Estonian is a very hard language to learn.  Anyway lot's of Estonians speak English quite well and love to speak it to native speakers.  Let's hope after all the trials of 2021, things will improve, both on the pitch and in the World, surely they have too and after last nights game, I do believe that City will continue to improve, as long as we stop getting all these injuries, get some decent officials and continue to play the good youngsters.  See you all on Sunday. Best wishes from Tallinn.

• Like 3