IGNORED

TWO Bristol City old boys in Millwall line up

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Matt Smith and Benik afobe

I enjoyed their time at Ashton Gate,so please no booing

I agree, no booing but neither were our players.

Matt Smith's loan was incredibly successful, he wasn't here half a season but with 6 goals in 14 helping us towards promotion will always be remembered fondly.

Beniks time here was incredibly frustrating and sad and to me really highlights the start of our major injury prone problems, he was a good player but in a full season on loan he only played 12 and scored 3 so was hardly prolific. He will always be remembered by me for the incredibly sad personal situation that happened while he was here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Jeez  ? WISH they were batting for ourside still. How did we not keep Benik ?

Probably the fact that he did his ACL for the second time in his career after playing just 5 games?

I bet if we’d shelled out a minimum of £7m for someone with a really poor injury record that everyone on here would have been absolutely delighted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

missed that one

He played one league game and scored in the 86th minute in a 3 nil win at Yeovil

46 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

He played more than one surely?

He did, he played in the Bradford 6-0 game so definitely more than 1.

Wiki says 8 appearances 

38 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I'm surprised that some of our fan base boo certain players. 

e.g. Adomah vs QPR, Pack and Flint vs Cardiff. 

Find it bizarre. 

You're ******* kidding me? Booed Albert? Wtf? Nicest guy in football always did his best for us.. Happy memories... Pack did no wrong either or flinty

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He played more than 5 games didn’t he?

Yes, but he did his ACL after 5, came back post lockdown & didn’t look the same player.

I liked him, but we would have been crazy to consider buying him after that injury.

Out of contract this summer, if he stays fit that is completely different.

4 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

You're ******* kidding me? Booed Albert? Wtf? Nicest guy in football always did his best for us.. Happy memories... Pack did no wrong either or flinty

So Albert was the player who didn't throw the ball back to us ,which resulted in the corner kick and winning goal for QPR, that's how much of a nice guy he is,?

• Sad 1
  • Flames 1

Neither should be booed. No reason for them to be. Just like there was no reason for Albert to be booed.

I think for once we did the right thing not signing both permanently. Smith was very limited and although Afobe showed early promise, doing his ACL for the second time meant he’s never been the same player. As the OP says, enjoyed their time with us though and both worth a reasonable reception.

We’re often quick to boo players. Unsure if I’ve missed something but boos of Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid have been disappointing.

For the Millwall game, hopefully there are no boos. Particularly for MS, who had a highly successful spell here in that incredible season. Certainly worthy of a decent reception.

Edited by Fammyfan

23 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

We’re often quick to boo players. Unsure if I’ve missed something but boos of Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid have been disappointing.

For the Millwall game, hopefully there are no boos. Particularly for MS, who had a highly successful spell here in that incredible season. Certainly worthy of a decent reception.

Don't lump me in with the muppets please.

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Probably the fact that he did his ACL for the second time in his career after playing just 5 games?

I bet if we’d shelled out a minimum of £7m for someone with a really poor injury record that everyone on here would have been absolutely delighted.

Seems to be hobbling ok at Millwall, much rather have Smith and Benik up top than I dont give a sh1te Wells and the free scoring Martin.