IGNORED

Simon Hooper is the ref for Millwall match

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

He did our 3-0 loss away to Brum and the 1-1 at home to Fulham earlier this season. Don't recall many complaints in either of those games.

Agreed, he is ok, in an era where second level football has some absolute shockers, he’s by no means the worst.

I think there would be an equally long thread on him and his appalling assistants if we had lost. How they missed the Millwall player basically punching the ball out of play and gave a corner I will never know. Also penalising someone because he took the ball from a player who was cradling the ball in his arms on the ground. I really thought they were going to cost us again today, thankfully they didn't.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 6

Love to know his thoughts on a couple of decisions. The handball in the 2nd half which could have been a penalty then semenyo with their defender who seemed to handle the ball and foul semenyo at the same time but gave to them . Hopefully they’re in the highlights so I can see better . 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

He couldn't. The double jeopardy rule prevented him from sending him off and giving a penalty.

Ah, I don't know what that rule is tbh, which shows if I was the ref I would be utterly useless! The first thing I thought when he took him down was "straight red". 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The one where their bloke went straight through the back of Kalas and he didn`t give a foul was the worst for me.

He missed that big time….was the Semenyo chance wasn’t it?

Thought he could’ve given Pring a second yellow, although the first was harsh!

Was inconsistent, like he always is.

On 01/01/2022 at 11:42, AppyDAZE said:

CANNOT be worse than the absolute disgrace on Thursday.

I've just seen the behind the goal camera view of the "assault" on Scott that isn't a penalty.

Unbelievable. Davies should be stood down for the forseeable and not at FGR.

The behind the goal view, so in other words the view the referee didn’t get!. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

The behind the goal view, so in other words the view the referee didn’t get!. 

With respect, he was also standing 20 yards away ? and on the pitch. Dress it up all you want, but the bloke was utter crap (Davies I mean and not today's, who did his job properly)

Edited by AppyDAZE