IGNORED

Simon Hooper is the ref for Millwall match

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

With respect, he was also standing 20 yards away ? and on the pitch. Dress it up all you want, but the bloke was utter crap (Davies I mean and not today's, who did his job properly)

I’m just pointing out that the referee doesn’t get the ‘behind the goal cameras view’ you have seen. I’m not getting into whether he was a good or bad ref, just pointing out that referees get one view of incidents, not the 4-5 the various cameras give you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Funny how 90% of the people in attendance never had that view yet KNEW it was a penalty. Sometimes referees have shit games that can’t be defended.

90% of people in attendance were City fans, so obviously ‘thought’ it was a penalty. I couldn’t have called it until I saw the camera view from behind the goal. The halfway line high up camera view wasn’t conclusive, and a referee at ground level 30 yards behind could never have been sure. 
Let’s be realistic, if that was a QPR player going down in the box, 90% of the crowd would have said it wasn’t a penalty!. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

90% of people in attendance were City fans, so obviously ‘thought’ it was a penalty. I couldn’t have called it until I saw the camera view from behind the goal. The halfway line high up camera view wasn’t conclusive, and a referee at ground level 30 yards behind could never have been sure. 
Let’s be realistic, if that was a QPR player going down in the box, 90% of the crowd would have said it wasn’t a penalty!. 

You do many reasonably minded people a disservice and tbh seem hugely over protective of referees for whatever reason. QPR fans blow your theory out of the water because I’ve yet to see a comment from them saying it wasn’t a penalty. They all knew they had got away with one, it happens. It was a clear penalty from all angles imo and the angle behind the goal merely proved everyone correct. If the referee was in a shite position and couldn’t see it then that’s on him alone and summed up his dreadful night. Referees make bad mistakes at times and that was a very bad mistake and supporters are entitled to vent their frustrations.

However every one of the 99% of people supporting either side who called the decision correctly at the ground seem to have got lucky in your view?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

You do many reasonably minded people a disservice and tbh seem hugely over protective of referees for whatever reason. QPR fans blow your theory out of the water because I’ve yet to see a comment from them saying it wasn’t a penalty. They all knew they had got away with one, it happens. It was a clear penalty from all angles imo and the angle behind the goal merely proved everyone correct. If the referee was in a shite position and couldn’t see it then that’s on him alone and summed up his dreadful night. Referees make bad mistakes at times and that was a very bad mistake and supporters are entitled to vent their frustrations.

However every one of the 99% of people supporting either side who called the decision correctly at the ground seem to have got lucky in your view?

Not at all, I’m just pointing out the other view. If you knew it was 100% a penalty from where you were in the ground, without watching a replay from behind the goal, then perhaps you should take up refereeing, as your far better than any referee I know!. 
I will say it again, no referee could be 100% certain that was a penalty from looking at that incident from behind the play, ( re ref being in a shit position, Usain Bolt wouldn’t have got there to see it) and if you are not certain you cannot give it. If you want referees to guess then so be it. 
As for me being over protective towards referees, I don’t think so, I would just like others to understand the game from an officials point of view. A lot of football fans who watch games don’t even know the laws of the game, let alone ever  refereed a game. But are very quick at finding fault with them. Imagine if someone posted all the faults, and perceived mistakes from every player in a game!!. They make far far more than any official. 

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not at all, I’m just pointing out the other view. If you knew it was 100% a penalty from where you were in the ground, without watching a replay from behind the goal, then perhaps you should take up refereeing, as your far better than any referee I know!. 
I will say it again, no referee could be 100% certain that was a penalty from looking at that incident from behind the play, ( re ref being in a shit position, Usain Bolt wouldn’t have got there to see it) and if you are not certain you cannot give it. If you want referees to guess then so be it. 
As for me being over protective towards referees, I don’t think so, I would just like others to understand the game from an officials point of view. A lot of football fans who watch games don’t even know the laws of the game, let alone ever  refereed a game. But are very quick at finding fault with them. Imagine if someone posted all the faults, and perceived mistakes from every player in a game!!. They make far far more than any official. 

Ok, every person in the ground more or less who would have made the correct decision and given the penalty was guessing and only the ref did the right thing by not giving it despite it being a stonewall penalty. Are you Mike Jones?