IGNORED

Arsenal v Man City

pl00peh91

Has been a carbon copy of our game against QPR. Arsenal score early and play really well, should have had a penalty which was not given.

Then Man City get an iffy penalty which they score, followed by a needless red card for Gabriel for Arsenal for a second yellow card. Arsenal continue to play well with ten men until they concede in the 92nd minute, prompting chants of “2-1 to the referee”.

I’ve literally seen the same game of football twice in four days!

Edited by pl00peh91
  • Like 3

I though up until the penalty incident, the referee had been excellent. Was not falling for all the little dives and appeals from both sets of players, kept his cards in his pockets, kept the game flowing and it was a great match to watch. Then VAR got involved...

We are sat here at home saying the same thing, exactly like us, only no VAR. 

There were a lot of bottles etc thrown. Until the Huddersfield match I commented that I hadn’t seen stuff thrown on the pitch, home or away, for years, who goes to a match caring on egg for example. Well obviously one young idiot did. Now we had bottles at QPR and loads at Arsenal.

I can see this suddenly becoming the new norm again if people see it happening on tv and think it acceptable

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

What got me with VAR is they only showed the ref one angle for the Man City pen. From behind the goal you could see he definitely made the most of the contact and threw himself to the floor. 

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency or process for VAR - eg time you can spend watching, number of views, number of angles etc 

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency or process for VAR - eg time you can spend watching, number of views, number of angles etc 

There is consistency 

If its a possible pen for a "Big" club against a "Smaller" team ONE view is shown and the pen is given

if its a possible pen for the smaller club They will show as many views possible until they find one that gives them a reason not to give it

If some of the VAR decisions given in the prem happened in Serie A we would all be talking about how corrupt it all is (Brown envelopes + cash)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

There is consistency 

If its a possible pen for a "Big" club against a "Smaller" team ONE view is shown and the pen is given

if its a possible pen for the smaller club They will show as many views possible until they find one that gives them a reason not to give it

If some of the VAR decisions given in the prem happened in Serie A we would all be talking about how corrupt it all is (Brown envelopes + cash)

I find it hard to agree.

There’s inconsistency but I don’t for one minute think it’s corruption.

Watched it a few times now and for me the Arsenal pen wasnt stonewall, if a midfielder does that on the pitch many would be praising the tackle. There’s be claims they games gone and you can’t tackle anymore if a foul was given.

You could reasonably watch that in real time and believe the ball was played, it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake in my opinion because even on review it’s a very close call. Appears to be contact JUST before the ball is played. Odegaard doesn’t touch the ball past Ederson, he looks like he steps towards him and onto the keepers leg. It’s very close and could go either way.

Can’t find a replay of the City one atm but the shirt pull is probably what did it for him.

again though the inconsistency between the views, angles, number of watches or even being referred to look at the screen needs ironing out

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I find it hard to agree.

There’s inconsistency but I don’t for one minute think it’s corruption.

Watched it a few times now and for me the Arsenal pen wasnt stonewall, if a midfielder does that on the pitch many would be praising the tackle. There’s be claims they games gone and you can’t tackle anymore if a foul was given.

You could reasonably watch that in real time and believe the ball was played, it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake in my opinion because even on review it’s a very close call. Appears to be contact JUST before the ball is played. Odegaard doesn’t touch the ball past Ederson, he looks like he steps towards him and onto the keepers leg. It’s very close and could go either way.

Can’t find a replay of the City one atm but the shirt pull is probably what did it for him.

again though the inconsistency between the views, angles, number of watches or even being referred to look at the screen needs ironing out

Yeah sorry 

Was not talking about the Arsenal pen as i have not yet seen it

I was talking about VAR in general

5 hours ago, TomF said:

What got me with VAR is they only showed the ref one angle for the Man City pen. From behind the goal you could see he definitely made the most of the contact and threw himself to the floor. 

Whilst having his shirt held on too! 

A clear penalty.

Edited by Portland Bill

Big decisions were right call by Ref/Var. 

Arsenal pen claim no decent angle from tv cameras to say it was clear and obvious mistake. 
Man City pen , was a foul and he pulled his shirt. Definitely dived as well but clearly was a pen. 
Red card- Gabriel was the fool .

Arsenal played really well and didn’t deserve to lose. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Big decisions were right call by Ref/Var. 

Arsenal pen claim no decent angle from tv cameras to say it was clear and obvious mistake. 
Man City pen , was a foul and he pulled his shirt. Definitely dived as well but clearly was a pen. 
Red card- Gabriel was the fool .

Arsenal played really well and didn’t deserve to lose. 

Definitely dived but was clearly a pen??

Sorry but should it not be

ether he dived=Yellow card or A pen cant be both