IGNORED

Janneh to Shrewsbury on loan

Northern Red

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I watched Shrewsbury Vs Wigan and I was very impressed with Shrewsbury. All over them at times with much less quality wages wise I'm sure.

Definitely lacked quality at times in forward areas but they looked a proper team.

They’ve struggled for goals, and had some red cards this season, but with the squad they have, they should be better than 16th.  Udoh, who along with Giles impressed a couple of years back, has hit some scoring form as they’ve got a fe2 results recently.

Harry Chapman last season at Shrewsbury, watched him a few times this season for Burton, not sure if it’s the system they are playing but he looks half the played he was last season. Scored a good goal Saturday first of season, as I mentioned on the Desilva thread,  Cameron Borthwich Jackson looks a really good player and looks good in the LWB rule, if desilva went would like us to go for CBJ if we are going to play wingbacks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think George Nurse already suggested that.

Yep, and this confirmed it. ??

19 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Harry Chapman last season at Shrewsbury, watched him a few times this season for Burton, not sure if it’s the system they are playing but he looks half the played he was last season. Scored a good goal Saturday first of season, as I mentioned on the Desilva thread,  Cameron Borthwich Jackson looks a really good player and looks good in the LWB rule, if desilva went would like us to go for CBJ if we are going to play wingbacks.

CBJ is an interesting one….another player with a good grounding (Man Utd) looking to push up the leagues.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 18:43, Davefevs said:

They’ve struggled for goals, and had some red cards this season, but with the squad they have, they should be better than 16th.  Udoh, who along with Giles impressed a couple of years back, has hit some scoring form as they’ve got a fe2 results recently.

Udoh continues to do well.  12th league goal today (15th in all comps).

If we were looking at a player who could play anywhere along the forward line then I’d at least have a good look at him.  Explosive, powerful player, a bit like Semenyo in some respects.

• Like 5

Back on topic this move really hasn’t worked out for Janneh, not getting off the bench at all in many recent games during Shrewsbury’s excellent run of form, he’s made just 1 start in total, his last 4 sub appearances back to mid Feb have seen him come on in the last few minutes every time.

He’s 22 now & I would not be at all surprised if he’s told this summer he can move on if he can find a club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Back on topic this move really hasn’t worked out for Janneh, not getting off the bench at all in many recent games during Shrewsbury’s excellent run of form, he’s made just 1 start in total, his last 4 sub appearances back to mid Feb have seen him come on in the last few minutes every time.

He’s 22 now & I would not be at all surprised if he’s told this summer he can move on if he can find a club.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back at Torquay, not a bad level of football to kickstart his career. 

53 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back at Torquay, not a bad level of football to kickstart his career. 

Personally, I think he’ll get a gig at an EFL club.  But also agree with Graham that he will be off in the summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think, in hindsight, it might have been a level too high for him - but I get the logic that at 22 it was a bit sink or swim. He’d done well at Torquay, and IIRC he was lined up to go to Doncaster but got injured. Post that injury, he probably would have been best served going for a L2 loan for his overall career, but that wouldn’t have answered the question we needed the answer to (and I think he was up for a L1 loan as stated pre the injury).

Difficult one as lots of circumstances conspired against him to get where we are, but agree, likely summer exit